Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/2/2011 7:13:28 AM EDT
I wanted to punch Wolf Blitzer through the TV last night when he was giving Obama credit for this.  Today, it's all about how Pakistan helped us out.  

FOX on the other hand recognized right away that Obama was nothing more than a rubber stamp of approval on a mission that was already in place.  FOX also continues to mention how there was a Pakistani Army barracks 100 meters away from the compound.... and they "didn't know" he was there.

The derp is strong with CNN.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I haven't seen CNN is almost six years. All I watch is Fox.

CNN is also blocked out on my TV.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Fortunately far fewer people will watch CNN's Official State Version.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a hard time believing you actually saw Geraldo's newsgasm

it was downright embarrassing
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wanted to punch Wolf Blitzer through the TV last night when he was giving Obama credit for this.  Today, it's all about how Pakistan helped us out.  

FOX on the other hand recognized right away that Obama was nothing more than a rubber stamp of approval on a mission that was already in place.  FOX also continues to mention how there was a Pakistani Army barracks 100 meters away from the compound.... and they "didn't know" he was there.

To Obama's credit, he did step up drone attacks and other operations in Pakistan.

He deserves some credit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#6]
No such thing as News anymore its all about pushing agendas
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#7]
CNN slobbing Zero's knob? Say it ain't so. Lotta knob slobbing of Zero going around today.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always has been; always will be.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't stand to watch any national TV news.  If I couldn't read articles on the Internet, I would just be uninformed.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To Obama's credit, he did step up drone attacks and other operations in Pakistan.

He deserves some credit.

Yes....Without Obama this never would have happened  

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Especially when he said obama was dead and had to quickly correct himself.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#12]
OMGZ! CNN AND FOX ARE REPORTING 2 DIFFERING VIEWS!?!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He deserves some credit.

I don't think that's what he meant.  Obama could have just as easily stopped this from happening.  Or he could have made it a bigger priority to do something else, and never pushed the Osama catching agenda.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I am actually stunned that Obama had the balls to authorize the op.

With that said I am sure he did it because he knew it would boost his numbers, not because it was the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wanted to punch Wolf Blitzer through the TV last night when he was giving Obama credit for this. Today, it's all about how Pakistan helped us out.

FOX on the other hand recognized right away that Obama was nothing more than a rubber stamp of approval on a mission that was already in place. FOX also continues to mention how there was a Pakistani Army barracks 100 meters away from the compound.... and they "didn't know" he was there.

He deserves some credit.

I don't think that's what he meant. Obama could have just as easily stopped this from happening. Or he could have made it a bigger priority to do something else, and never pushed the Osama catching agenda.

So wheeeeeeeee! Obama didn't act like an UnAmerican POS for once.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#16]
NPR was weird this morning.  There were 2 hosts; the female one acted like she had just rubbed one out and was post orgasmic, while the male one was actually asking questions of the reporters and commentators.  And the questions weren't softball - for instance, he asked Maura Liason if this helped Obama politically, and she dreamily relied "Of course it does".  Then he asked "How?" and it was dead air for a few seconds while she had to actually engage her neurons.  And then all she could come up with was "Proves he's strong on terrorism."

The news is trying to induce a big O-gasm, but aside from the true believers, I don't think it's working.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Fox news always leans right, CNN always leans nowhere worthwhile (maybe left too). All the news outlets these days suck. Try BBC or AP.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

FOX also continues to mention how there was a Pakistani Army barracks 100 meters away from the compound.... and they "didn't know" he was there.

It's really pretty clever place in the grand scheme of things. It's not like they're gonna see him walking out to get his morning paper, drinking coffee and talking with the neighbors about the street department's mishandling of pothole repairs on their street. I'm sure he stayed inside, kept a low profile, whatnot. The proximity gives him some pretty serious cover. We're sending out drone attacks and dumping hellfire missiles on all these little shit villages in the mountains without Paki approval... Do you think he was worried about the US conducting a drone or cruise missile strike on a target 100m from a Paki Army barracks? Nope. That just wasn't gonna happen. It's borderline brilliant.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fox news always leans right, CNN always leans nowhere worthwhile (maybe left too). All the news outlets these days suck. Try BBC or AP.

bbc is more left wing than cnn, and ap? are you fucking kidding?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Its not just a Pakistani barracks, but their equivalent of West Point.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

bbc is more left wing than cnn, and ap? are you fucking kidding?

I figured a British news channel would have a different opinion. And doesn't AP supply most other networks raw news? I get all my news from Arfcom so idk.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Its not just a Pakistani barracks, but their equivalent of West Point.

Kharn

I guess they just got an education.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There's plenty of news - it just is not - never has been - on TV.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

that was terrible.

Although it must be confusing having the president and terrorists with similar names.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He deserves some credit.

Except that this runs counter to what he promised. I'm not saying I think the drone strikes and operations in Pissistan are wrong, just that I find it difficult to give someone a gold star for something he lied about to the public during and after his campaign. I think we should stay there until they stop trying to kill us, even if that means we've killed all of them. My reasons for that have very little to do with the area itself or any moral justifications, simply that fighting them there is better than fighting them here. BUT, I consider Obama a lying ass for not having kept his promise to pull us out. I might disagree with his promise, but i expect the President of the United States of America to keep his word.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He deserves some credit.

he didn't do a damn thing except someone probably said  "sign this so we can kill osama"  then he had to think and whine about it but someon on his staff finally convinced him this might be your only chance at getting re-elected.

all obama has done in the past few years is weaken this country  on every front.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Neither network truly knows the story.  They're just filling in air space with assorted experts, confidential informants, and random speculation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Neither network truly knows the story.  They're just filling in air space with assorted experts, confidential informants, and random speculation.

Your common sense is not welcome here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So, they are just like GD?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#30]
There are sources that say it was all due to the info gathered by "harsh interrogation" tactics of the Bush administration prisons in Poland and Romania.....Obama did what again?? He shut the prisons and then he got to choose option A for Bomb or option B for SEAL Team Assault.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
FOX also continues to mention how there was a Pakistani Army barracks 100 meters away from the compound.... and they "didn't know" he was there.

It's really pretty clever place in the grand scheme of things. It's not like they're gonna see him walking out to get his morning paper, drinking coffee and talking with the neighbors about the street department's mishandling of pothole repairs on their street. I'm sure he stayed inside, kept a low profile, whatnot. The proximity gives him some pretty serious cover. We're sending out drone attacks and dumping hellfire missiles on all these little shit villages in the mountains without Paki approval... Do you think he was worried about the US conducting a drone or cruise missile strike on a target 100m from a Paki Army barracks? Nope. That just wasn't gonna happen. It's borderline brilliant.

It would be brilliant in the US, which has a general "live and let live" attitude and constitutional guarantees regarding searches, etc.  Pakistan is a borderline police state - you don't just set up a compound next to an Army facility without serious interest from the state, which in Pakistan means "Hi - we're here to search your house."

Somebody in Pakistan's government, and likely LOTS of somebody's, knew about Osama's location, helped put him there and maintain him, and/or were covering for him.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#32]
For some reason CNN is always on at every gym, and no FOX
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your common sense is not welcome here.

I know.  Just a born trouble maker.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, they are just like GD?

Yeah, except the talking heads are prettier and most people believe the BS that spews forth from them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
CNN slobbing Zero's knob? Say it ain't so. Lotta knob slobbing of Zero going around today.

Gives people something to feel good about. They slob on it either way.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#37]
I guess Obama grew some balls after he shot that pirate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Wolf Blitzer is a Tool.....

Douchebag kept bringing up Desert 1 like it happened last week....ass.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+1

he's a d bag that made me turn to CNN or MSNBC

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

CNN maybe left?  

TXL

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am actually stunned that Obama had the balls to authorize the op.

With that said I am sure he did it because he knew it would boost his numbers, not because it was the right thing to do.

I believe after zero was sworn-in,   some adults (high ranking military advisers)  sat him down, talked to him slowly and deliberately and perhaps had to draw some pictures of why the policies/ tactics in place were more effective than basically everything he proposed about fighting the war on terrorism.  Because he has gone 180 degrees from his pre-election diatribe when it comes to fighting terrorism.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#42]
does anyone think cnn will point out that obama was going along with Bush's military program ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Our gyms are full of pretentious soccer moms. Want to guess which way they lean politically?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

+1000000000000000

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially when he said obama was dead and had to quickly correct himself.

I think for a second our hearts collectively stopped beating....
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanted to punch Wolf Blitzer through the TV last night when he was giving Obama credit for this. Today, it's all about how Pakistan helped us out.

FOX on the other hand recognized right away that Obama was nothing more than a rubber stamp of approval on a mission that was already in place. FOX also continues to mention how there was a Pakistani Army barracks 100 meters away from the compound.... and they "didn't know" he was there.

He deserves some credit.

I don't think that's what he meant. Obama could have just as easily stopped this from happening. Or he could have made it a bigger priority to do something else, and never pushed the Osama catching agenda.

So wheeeeeeeee! Obama didn't act like an UnAmerican POS for once.

Wow, actually he did.  He took credit for stuff that he had NOOOO part in besides saying "yeah sure do that," and watching it happen live from his fucking house.  Sounds like a "redistribution of credit" to  me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll give you that.  But in 10 years, not once did someone in the barracks go, "hey Achmed, who the fuck lives over THERE?"
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our gyms are full of pretentious soccer moms. Want to guess which way they lean politically?

There is a belief among the uninformed that Fox is to the right, MSNBC is to the left and CNN is centric. CNN is what's usually playing in doctors offices and airport lounges as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top