Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:50:42 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys know what is funny? The facts. Obama did something Bush didn't do while he was president. Hunt down & kill Bin Laden.

I can't see how CNN is terribly biased for pointing this out.

Now, If fox news wants to give bush credit for allowing bin laden to escape to Pakistan I'm perfectly fine with that.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:56:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You guys know what is funny? The facts. Obama did something Bush didn't do while he was president. Hunt down & kill Bin Laden.

Now, If fox news wants to give bush credit for allowing bin laden to escape to Pakistan I'm perfectly fine with that.

any one person in this country can say the word "go" doesn't matter which president is in office, I give credit to the soldiers who did the deed, not the man who said okay, anyone can do that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]
http://mediamatters.org/research/200609140009

Watch the video... Its a fox news clip.

Your guys most trusted source claiming that bush's top priority was not finding Osama Bin Laden. During Obama's speech he said when he took office he made it the #1 priority.

Sorry guys, but Bush gave up. Said it wasn't a good use of resources to hunt for Bin Laden. Now that I have backed it up via a fox news video.

Please eat crow & stop giving bush credit.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:12:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am actually stunned that Obama had the balls to authorize the op.

With that said I am sure he did it because he knew it would boost his numbers, not because it was the right thing to do.

Exactly.  He's probably crying now over one of his lost Muslim brothers, he was sacrificed for Obama's cause.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:17:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanted to punch Wolf Blitzer through the TV last night when he was giving Obama credit for this.  Today, it's all about how Pakistan helped us out.  

FOX on the other hand recognized right away that Obama was nothing more than a rubber stamp of approval on a mission that was already in place.  FOX also continues to mention how there was a Pakistani Army barracks 100 meters away from the compound.... and they "didn't know" he was there.

The derp is strong with CNN.

To Obama's credit, he did step up drone attacks and other operations in Pakistan.

He deserves some credit.

Yes....Without Obama this never would have happened  

I don't think that's what he meant.  Obama could have just as easily stopped this from happening.  Or he could have made it a bigger priority to do something else, and never pushed the Osama catching agenda.

Other than himself, who says he pushed the "Osama catching agenda".  He just happened to be occupying the WH when they found him.

The info that finally found him came from the detainess at Gitmo, you know, the place Zero wanted to shut down, and he and the libs wailed and gnashed their teeth over the treatment of the detainees.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

any one person in this country can say the word "go" doesn't matter which president is in office, I give credit to the soldiers who did the deed, not the man who said okay, anyone can do that.

OK, can't let this go...

ANYONE can do that?  Not on your fuckin' life.  I believe that 75% of the couch commandos here would crumple when facedd with the decision to send men, no matter how capable into harm's way.  A million things could go wrong and then you have a dozen or so of America's finest dead, and their deaths on your conscience.

He could have pussed out and sent in B-2's or predators.  But for fuck's sake, give credit where credit is due:  he made the right call, and then watched his call play ou in real time.  I don't care how much you hate Obama, or even how justified that hate is (it's pretty justified), but on THIS issue, he did good.  And to the victor goes the spoils.  

Follow the lead of Bush (43) and show a little grace for fuck's sake.

Lot's of sand in manginas in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:30:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
FOX also continues to mention how there was a Pakistani Army barracks 100 meters away from the compound.... and they "didn't know" he was there.

It's really pretty clever place in the grand scheme of things. It's not like they're gonna see him walking out to get his morning paper, drinking coffee and talking with the neighbors about the street department's mishandling of pothole repairs on their street. I'm sure he stayed inside, kept a low profile, whatnot. The proximity gives him some pretty serious cover. We're sending out drone attacks and dumping hellfire missiles on all these little shit villages in the mountains without Paki approval... Do you think he was worried about the US conducting a drone or cruise missile strike on a target 100m from a Paki Army barracks? Nope. That just wasn't gonna happen. It's borderline brilliant.

Brilliant would have been smuggling the guy into the US.  We have the most liberal search and seizure laws in the world, to my knowledge - the guy could have shaved and gotten the best medical care in the world.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:31:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, can't let this go...

ANYONE can do that?  Not on your fuckin' life.  I believe that 75% of the couch commandos here would crumple when facedd with the decision to send men, no matter how capable into harm's way.  A million things could go wrong and then you have a dozen or so of America's finest dead, and their deaths on your conscience.

He could have pussed out and sent in B-2's or predators.  But for fuck's sake, give credit where credit is due:  he made the right call, and then watched his call play ou in real time.  I don't care how much you hate Obama, or even how justified that hate is (it's pretty justified), but on THIS issue, he did good.  And to the victor goes the spoils.  

Follow the lead of Bush (43) and show a little grace for fuck's sake.

Lot's of sand in manginas in this thread.

You are simply wrong, in this instance.  This was not the Kenyan's play call.  Did you not see the pic of all the JCOS in the situation room?  O's involvement was nothing more than rubber-stamping the professional's game-plan.  Biden was there simply to hold his hand in case this turned out badly.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top