Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/15/2006 4:12:06 PM EDT
How often does this really happen? I was thinking about getting a heavier caliber than 9mm to run in pistol competitions. If it is a problem, then what other gun should I use?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
hahaha
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi-Point
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Kind of off topic, but what pistol competition are you talking about, and why a heavier caliber?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Kind of off topic, but what pistol competition are you talking about, and why a heavier caliber?

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
KABOOM???
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

steel target. I though maybe a heavier caliber might pack a bigger punch
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]
IBTL
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hi-Point

Lorcin.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi-Point

Lorcin.

Jennings
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi-Point

Lorcin.

Jennings

RAVEN .25 AUTO CHROME
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have much experience with steel targets.  Would a bigger caliber make much of a difference?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have much experience with steel targets.  Would a bigger caliber make much of a difference?

Im thinking it might.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im thinking it might.

This will put those little fuckers down, for sure -

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im thinking it might.

I'm sure some shooters with experience in steel targets will chime in.  I don't think it would make much of a difference if it was just steel target.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im thinking it might.

I'm sure some shooters with experience in steel targets will chime in.  I don't think it would make much of a difference if it was just steel target.

I suppose it would depend on how heavy the steel target is.  I have seen some pretty beefy targets where I would want a little more than 9mm to knock it down.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, Glocks in .40S&W and .45 GAP explode all the time. It's just downright dangerous to even fire one.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yes, Glocks in .40S&W and .45 GAP explode all the time. It's just downright dangerous to even fire one.

.45 GAP has another dangerous side effect also - owning one automatically makes you gay.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

oh, ok.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#21]
A Glock kaboom is as rare as hen's teeth.  They have partially unsupported chambers, so over-pressure situations can be catastophic to the pistols.  ALL PISTOLS will kaboom at certain pressures, but Glocks have been shown to do it easier than some others.

Don't use reloads, which have a higher chance of improper powder content and weak case walls, and you'll be just fine with a Glock.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/adairtd/45acp.jpg

Someone please link the video of the Navy SEAL and the SIG P226 (in 9mm of course).

Of course, the .45ACP has a perfect trackrecord of instant kill with a single shot. Yeah, even if you shoot them in the leg, the .45ACP is so powerful that it will send you flying.

Professionals trust shot placement over caliber.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.45 GAP has another dangerous side effect also - owning one automatically makes you gay.

Whew, thank God I only have a 22, 23, and 32.  I was worried for a second.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Professionals use .40
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Professionals use .40

+1
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting theory. I never knew that inanimate objects could suddenly change your sexual preferences. How, oh wise one, did you arrive at such a conclusion?

Seriously, what are you, 16?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting theory. I never knew that inanimate objects could suddenly change your sexual preferences. How, oh wise one, did you arrive at such a conclusion?

STFU
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

Oooh, touched a nerve there, have I?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

Nope, its just that you are a troll, and need to leave.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi-Point

Lorcin.

Jennings

RAVEN .25 AUTO CHROME

Wif Beams.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi-Point

Lorcin.

Jennings

RAVEN .25 AUTO CHROME

Wif Beams.

and extreme shock ammo.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

I could say the same about you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

I am sure you could

S30V
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

I am sure you could

KNOCK IT OFF.  

i don't want this one locked too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

I am sure you could

KNOCK IT OFF.  

Of course I will knock it off, can never tell what the trolls will do though.

No problem
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

I am sure you could

KNOCK IT OFF.  

No problem

thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
HI IM A TROLL!!! Ignore my previous 12 posts in the first two pages of this post!!!!

Ignore the guy above, hes a troll of all glock threads. Anyhow, I recently switched out all of my pistols to Glocks. I seriously got tired of the unreliability of 1911's , expensive parts of HK's, and all the other BS from all the other gun manufactures out there. Do i worry about a KB? NOPE!!

Glock has more pistols in civy and LEO hands than any other pistol manufactuer today.  With the fact that any pistol can KB, which one do you think your hear about first? The Glock simply because there is a larger chance due to HOW MANY are out there.

You hear about Glock KB's simply because there are more out there for it to happen too. Not because they are poor firearms.  Most of the KB's that you do read about are due to user error, not gun malfunction. Again I say MOST, not all. Glock states in there manual to not use reloadsand to  not use lead bullets. Those who do are the first to complain of a KB.

Glocks work well, and seem to function under some of the harshest conditions.  My pistol line consists of a G26 for CCW, G30 for winter CCW, and a G34 for fun stuff. All are gen 3 and all function 100%.....

Oh, and ignore the TROLLS!!!

Edited to add ... Here is a post that proves my point about USER ERROR, not gun malfunction.

Glock clearly states DO not use reloads and DO not shoot lead bullets. Its really not hard to understand. But if you read the fourth reply in this  post  youll see why KB's do indeed happen. then people try to blame the gun and not there stupidity. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=455473

Cut and pasted from the other thread  :::::::

Quoted:
I only have 1 replacement barrel for 1 out of my 5 glocks, a cheapie Federal Arms barrel I got off of eBay for $65 or so to shoot my lead reloaded bullets.

The other guns I shoot lead reloads then about every 4th mag shoot a couple of FMJ rounds to scrub out the lead.  I dunno, nothing's kaboomed so far. <------ USER ERROR I WAS TALKING ABOUT!! Lead and reloads in the same gun, both of which are NO-NO's in the manual.

When I get the coin again, I want to get a KKM bbl for each of the Glocks just to shoot cheaper lead reloads.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

No problem

Trolls??? You are without a doubt the epitome of the term TROLL.

MT-Gun-Nut asked a question. Unless you have something helpful to ad, please go make another jug of HKool-aid.

Kabooms happen with all pistols due to over-pressurized ammo. Avoid shit ammo, and it is not an issue. Whether you go and pay $450 for a Glock or $950 for an HK, if you turn around and buy reloads from God only knows who because they are cheap, Then you are a fool.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HI IM A TROLL!!! Ignore my previous 12 posts in the first two pages of this post!!!!

Ignore the guy above, hes a troll of all glock threads. Anyhow, I recently switched out all of my pistols to Glocks. I seriously got tired of the unreliability of 1911's , expensive parts of HK's, and all the other BS from all the other gun manufactures out there. Do i worry about a KB? NOPE!!

Oh, and ignore the TROLLS!!!

Thanks. I was hoping that it wasn't just me who found his attitude poor, to say the least.

And he thinks that post counts and join dates mean everything? Oookay there... Even I've heard of sgtar15 or whatever his name was.

ETA: By the way, I have also pointed out what you did in your edit, in bright red, bold, size 5. It seems that accepting that is hard for some. Reading the manual helps. Heeding the warnings of manufacturers helps even more.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem

MT-Gun-Nut asked a question. Unless you have something helpful to ad, please go make another jug of HKool-aid.

Kabooms happen with all pistols due to over-pressurized ammo. Avoid shit ammo, and it is not an issue. Whether you go and pay $450 for a Glock or $950 for an HK, if you turn around and buy reloads from God only knows who because they are cheap, Then you are a fool.

False
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem

False

Re-he-heally now?

www.thegunzone.com/glock/hk-kb.html
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem

False

Re-he-heally now?

img100.imageshack.us/img100/9094/usp45l0sv.jpg

img105.imageshack.us/img105/5125/usp45r4es.jpg

www.thegunzone.com/glock/hk-kb.html

Wow.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

I am sure you could

KNOCK IT OFF.  

No problem

thanks.

Their argument looks like an hourglass, cool.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There argument looks like an hourglass, cool.

STFU

I am sure you could

KNOCK IT OFF.  

No problem

thanks.

Don't you just love the hourglass shape?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#48]
The hourglass shape is cool, smart programing, really cool actualy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I shoot a G22......a lot......and have had no issues.
As other here will surely profess, YMMV.
Personally, I have no fear shooting a 'fo-tee'...and no, Im not even a professional...just a regular shooter with about 5000 rounds of fo-tee downrange from a Glock.....and yes, I still have all ten fingers. A bone stock Glock will get pretty tight groups....a trigger job will get one shooting point of aim with no problems. After I cleaned up the trigger on my G22 the gun is now more accurate than I am...and I cant endorse it enough.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top