Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/8/2005 6:22:13 AM EDT
Umm so I currently reside in SD, but I have a Utah CC permit. My SD drivers license is current with my address, but my Utah CC permit is obviously not. can I just tape a piece of paper to the back of it like a drivers license and use it to get around having to pay for a background check? I would think this is possible, but last time I was in a gun store they wouldn't let me do that and I had to pay for the fee. What pisses me off worse is if I get in my car and drive an hour to pick it up and they won't let me have it. I have never bought a gun in SD before but the guy who put it on layaway for my GF for me told her that if I don't have a CC license I have to wait 48 hours before actually getting it. WTF? Is this a real law. Can anyone offer some help?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:24:28 AM EDT
Don't let your mom find out about it...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:32:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 6:33:46 AM EDT by Jeep29]
You can only buy a handgun in your state of residence, PERIOD. If you are trying to buy from out of state you are breaking the law.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:48:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jeep29:
You can only buy a handgun in your state of residence, PERIOD. If you are trying to buy from out of state you are breaking the law.

I am a resident. Got my cars registered here, moved here for employment, voted here, live here, etc.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:53:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By enigma2y0u:

Originally Posted By Jeep29:

I am a resident. Got my cars registered here, moved here for employment, voted here, live here, etc.

OK, now I get it. I didn't read it correctly. Sorry. Don't know anything about waiting periods or fees for NICS because we don't have them here.

Top Top