Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 6:22:13 AM EDT
Umm so I currently reside in SD, but I have a Utah CC permit.  My SD drivers license is current with my address, but my Utah CC permit is obviously not.  can I just tape a piece of paper to the back of it like a drivers license and use it to get around having to pay for a background check?  I would think this is possible, but last time I was in a gun store they wouldn't let me do that and I had to pay for the fee.  What pisses me off worse is if I get in my car and drive an hour to pick it up and they won't let me have it.  I have never bought a gun in SD before but the guy who put it on layaway for my GF for me told her that if I don't have a CC license I have to wait 48 hours before actually getting it.  WTF? Is this a real law.  Can anyone offer some help?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't let your mom find out about it...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#2]
You can only buy a handgun in your state of residence, PERIOD. If you are trying to buy from out of state you are breaking the law.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can only buy a handgun in your state of residence, PERIOD. If you are trying to buy from out of state you are breaking the law.

I am a resident.  Got my cars registered here, moved here for employment, voted here, live here, etc.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a resident.  Got my cars registered here, moved here for employment, voted here, live here, etc.

OK, now I get it. I didn't read it correctly. Sorry. Don't know anything about waiting periods or fees for NICS because we don't have them here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top