Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2002 11:29:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:37:16 AM EDT
I added my legal .02.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:41:59 AM EDT
When was it converted to the folding stock and pistol grip? If you can prove (even though the ATF has to prove otherwise) that it was made into an AW BEFORE 1994, you should hold on to it. If you cannot prove that the stock was installed before 1994, you should put the wood stock back on it, and sell it. Or keep it if you want. Its a nice little rifle. If you can prove that it was made into an AW BEFORE 1994, you might be able to get another $100 for. It's pretty simple...cut and dried. Technically, the burden of proof resides with whoever is charging you with the offense. If you do not have proof that it was made preban, they probably cannot prove that it was made postban. However, our laws are changing daily =( Even though the rifle is older than the ban, it did not come stock with the AW goodies. You need to find out when the goodies were purchased and installed on the rifle. Period. Then you will know what to do =)
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:31:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen: I added my legal .02.
View Quote
Yikes, Phil. I hope you don't send McUzi a 6-figure bill for your legal $.02. He might get kind of upset.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:36:36 PM EDT
My AR15.com advice is always gratis (not pro bono).
Top Top