User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2002 11:29:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I added my legal .02.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#2]
When was it converted to the folding stock and pistol grip? If you can prove (even though the ATF has to prove otherwise) that it was made into an AW BEFORE 1994, you should hold on to it.

If you cannot prove that the stock was installed before 1994, you should put the wood stock back on it, and sell it.

Or keep it if you want. Its a nice little rifle.

If you can prove that it was made into an AW BEFORE 1994, you might be able to get another $100 for.

It's pretty simple...cut and dried.

Technically, the burden of proof resides with whoever is charging you with the offense. If you do not have proof that it was made preban, they probably cannot prove that it was made postban.

However, our laws are changing daily =(

Even though the rifle is older than the ban, it did not come stock with the AW goodies. You need to find out when the goodies were purchased and installed on the rifle. Period. Then you will know what to do =)
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I added my legal .02.
View Quote

Yikes, Phil.  I hope you don't send McUzi a 6-figure bill for your legal $.02.  He might get kind of upset.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
My AR15.com advice is always gratis (not pro bono).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top