Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/11/2003 9:11:35 AM EDT
I can't wait! But there is that little part of me that thinks it isn't going to work.  The doc said I was perfect for it though.  I've been wearing fucking glasses since I was 4 years old and have finally gotten sick of em.

Anyone have any tips or guidelines I need to know before, during, or after the surgery?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#1]
if your eyes are not bad enough, do PRK instead...the integrity of your eye will not be compromised as much as Lasik...
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck to you!  I really want to do it but I am chicken sh!t.  I hate wearing glasses as it really hampers my ability to be all tactical!
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Id do it... 'Cept the little part about cutting a flap on the front of your eye and the fact it disqualifies you from military service.

Good luck man tell us how it turns out.

Im sticking with contacts for now though...
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#4]
that whole removing a part of the eye while I am awake kinda bugs me.  I'll stick to my specs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Best thing that I ever did!!!!!!!!

I had worn glasses since I was 7 years old and finally had it done at 34, so 27 years of glasses and contacts.

30 minutes after the procedure, I was tested at 20/20 and then improved to 20/10 at the next check up. My visual acuity stabilised at 20/15 each eye. I had been 20/400 and 20/450 before the Lasik.

I had some dry eyes for a couple of months after the surgery and carried drops with me everywhere I went but now my eyes are pretty much back to normal 6 months after the surgery.

My new eyesight has improved my golf game, my shooting, and just about everything else! Big time recommendation, just have it done by the best guy in your area, not some bargain basement guy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]
#1 reason for dry eyes:
Most of your life you probably wore glasses or contacts.  These kept exposure minimized. (wind, UV light, etc)
Plus, with contacts, you probably used drops too.

Now - the BEST investment you can make is to buy a nice pair of sunglasses!!!!  I went driving around in my convertible the next week after the surgery and I got sunburned eyeballs!!! (A callous has developed...)

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#7]
My vision is pretty bad.  Super near sightedness.  The lady that is doing it is charging 3800 bucks for both eyes, so I don't spose its bargain basement  I have a pair of the Oakley Juliets but want em in a diff color( silver with blue lens now) want em in gray phosphate and flame lens.  

I tried contacts for a few months but got sick of em popping out and also was a PITA for me to put in.

Maybe i'll put the shades up on the EE.. hell i've only put em on like 4-5 times no more than an hour at that.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I was about 20/500 in both eyes.  Now I'm about 20/15 in each eye.  What an improvement.  I had it done two years ago and it was the best $3000 I ever spent.  And that's a lot considering what people are paying nowadays.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]
HELL YES! I can see without glasses.. although a tad blurry it is only say.. 5 hours after surgery.  Not 30 seconds after they were done I stood up and read a wallclock 15 feet away that would have normally been 5 feet away to read without glasses or contacts.  I go back in the morning to see what my actual new vision is.  

The procedure at this place was 3900 bucks for both eyes.. and they used a "cool" laser that evaporated rather than burns.  So there was no burning hair(protein) smell at all.  

I will give another update tomottow.

FUCKING ROCKS WOOOOOHOOOOOO!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats! Keep me updated on how your eyesight progresses. I'm looking to get corrective surgery too.

And say, is PRK considered more risky than Lasik??
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats.  I had LASIK done about 2 months ago.  I went from 20/300 to 20/15 in both eyes.  

Now, GET OFF THE COMPUTER.  You don't need to be staring at a screen letting your eyes dry up.  Go sleep for a while.  Keep those plastic things over your eyes for the next few nights, and DON'T RUB YOUR EYES.

Blackjack,

PRK doesn't cut the flap, so the laser has to go through an extra thickness to do it's work.  Also, it is quite a bit more uncomfortable than LASIK, as the front of the eye is abraded as well.  However, PRK is still necessary for some people.  Go to a Dr. and ask about the differences.  My Doc does both, so he sat me down and discussed my options.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations!! I had the Lasik procedure done, also. I about sh*t the next morning when I could see the time on the alarm clock without glasses when waking up.

ZRH, Lasik/PRK does not disqualify you for military service. I'm in the Army, they did my procedure back in January. Are you sure it's not just a certain branch of the military?...or a certain MOS/skill?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
PRK is less risky and the integrity of the eye remains intact compared to LASIK. (The flap can come off or wrinkle at any time in your life.)
BUT - with PRK you will be out for a few days, and your eyes will probably burn (2-3 days)while the epithelium heals.  And for a few weeks, while the epithelium smooths over, you will see multiple images (like crackerjack toy) that will fade with time.

edited to add - Some corrections MUST be made with LASIK because the correction must go deep within.

Quoted:
Congrats! Keep me updated on how your eyesight progresses. I'm looking to get corrective surgery too.

And say, is PRK considered more risky than Lasik??

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I know for a fact that you can have PRK done before you enter the service, but once you are in, they only prohibit it from a few special jobs. You can get a waiver and have it done by military personell, but I'm thinking of having it done before enlisting.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
(The flap can come off or wrinkle at any time in your life.)

Ask any surgeon that knows what he's talking about, and he will say this is bullshit.

The flap heals to the point it won't wrinkle within 1 month, and completely heals within a year or so.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Blackjack - After your in it gets paid for  (not a recruiters guarantee, what my kid is telling me about some of his buds.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#17]
So that's what "you've" been told...look it up...the facts are there...the flap can easily be peeled back off 2 years later...what makes you think it will actually heal all the way?  And the epithelium heals right over the seams - but that is not enough to hold it down forever.

Ask yourself this - would you rather have PRK or LASIK and then get hit by a racquetball in the eye?

LASIK would most likely require a corneal transplant.

Quoted:

Quoted:
(The flap can come off or wrinkle at any time in your life.)

Ask any surgeon that knows what he's talking about, and he will say this is bullshit.

The flap heals to the point it won't wrinkle within 1 month, and completely heals within a year or so.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Surgeons are scrambling to defend this flawed and complication-ridden surgery as more bad news about LASIK is revealed.  Here I will list examples of the deception that flows from their mouths:

http://www.ophmanagement.com/archive_results.asp?article=85072

This article is about the Clean Room System, which removes the plume created by excimer lasers.

Check out this added benefit:

"Removal of the "burning flesh" odor is not only more pleasant for the patient, but can save you embarrassment. "Ninety-nine out of 100 patients don't smell the plume when I use the Mastel system," says Dr. Dudley. "After telling them this is a 'cold laser,' this saves me from having to explain why a cold laser makes a burning smell."
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:02:00 AM EDT
[#19]
there are so many sites out there....including FDA.gov...but you might want to look at lasikdisaster.com
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:24:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
HELL YES! I can see without glasses...

... FUCKING ROCKS WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

... I am only "inches" away from firmly talking myself into the procedure. Thinking about having them do just one eye first to be safe, but I'm not sure the operation can correct severe astigmatism. If after a few weeks things go OK I'll schedule my other eye.

... Congratulations!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#21]
There is a support group for people with complications from unsuccessful LASIK, LASEK, PRK, RK, AK, ALK type procedures. The worse your eyes are, and the older you are, the higher the risk of problems.

http://www.surgicaleyes.org/

There are also a lot of lawyers specializing in botched Lasik lawsuits...

To me, even one chance in 100 of a problem (and the actual complication rate is more like one in 10) isn't worth the risk to my eyes compared to the inconvenience of wearing glasses.

Definitely do not compromise on quality - get a doctor who has done the procedure many, many times.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:24:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey any you guys over 50??? I had the procedure from one of the best on East Coast. LASIK done to correct near-sightedness and slight astigmatism with "monovision" correction to facilitate a distance and near vision solution. I like it, I still wear "reading glasses for long time reading and computer work". Some dry eye - I am glad I did it, sure wish I had this technology 30 years ago!

Good Luck, best wishes!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:24:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Question for those with lasik or prk.  I had mine done 3 years ago and I must say that it was the best $4k that I have ever spent.  My question is, and my wife still laughs at me, do you still go to remove your glasses at night before bed or before getting into the shower, only to realize that they are not there.  I do and my wife thinks it's a riot.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#24]
For the guys with LASIK, good luck with the flap...

PS: SuperAlpha is correct.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I had RK about 7 years ago and have had NO problems since.  I did have a little glare at night from lights...but I wore glasses since the 5th grade, so I can nt remember not seeing glare at night...but it is not that bad..I do not even notice it now.  

I currently have 20/20.  Lasik kind of freaks me out with the whole flap thing.  RK kinda freaked me out too...just the thought of someone cutting on my eye.  But it was over in about 10 minutes and I have never had any regrets.

BTW I was 20/400.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:30:41 AM EDT
[#26]
After reading this thread I'm more confused that I was before reading the thread.

I wish people who have no experience in things would kindly shut up.

I was under the impression from a discussion I had with a Doctor that second only to the penis, they eyes are the fastest and most complete healers.

What's the story with this "flap"?

Does it heal or what?

Why does having Lasic exclude you from military service? Does it have something to do with this flap?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Does it heal or what?

Nope - there are ongoing "long-term" tests, but even after two years, the same flap can be lifted back up! (this was known two years ago!) (thereby tearing the epithelium along the outer edge of the flap - which is the only thing besides suction that seems to hold the flap down!)

Also - if a test is considered "experimental" (as LASIK was a few years ago, but I think it is approved now), a doctor would love you to opt for that surgery than an FDA approved one!  You would have no recourse if there is a fuckup.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#28]
SuperAlpha I really wish you wouldn't hijack my thread.  SO get the FUCK OUT and don't post in it anymore.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Gee...imagine that.

A brother comes to the aid of kin that doesn't know what he's talking about...

Sorry.  The flap does heal.  I did quite a bit of research for over 2 years before I had my LASIK done.  Even docs that only do PRK agree that it heals.

Oh...and that raquetball question?  Let me rephrase.  Would you rather be shot by a 9mm or a .45?  Either way, you're fucked.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for the backup BigD
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
SuperAlpha I really wish you wouldn't hijack my thread.  SO get the FUCK OUT and don't post in it anymore.  Thanks.

Superalfa spouts this same bullshit in every Lasik thread.
Having Lasik was one of the best things I've had done. Oh and my flaps have healed
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't go crying when you find out that it never really healed....

You guys are so into believing this shit.  So, just like a cult, go on believing it you brainwashed twits.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Superalpha,

It goes both ways.

"Don't go crying when you find out it really does heal and you could've had good vision long ago.

You are so into believing this shit.  So, just like a cult, go on believing it you brainwashed twit."

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Studies have shown, the same flap can be easily peeled back two years later....and there have been no long-term test results yet (beyond the 2 yrs I guess) for the healing of the flap.

Even LASIK.com refers to this in their FAQ.

And btw, my vision is perfect.  
I got it (PRK) done in 1998, and I love it!

Here is my point: if the correction is minor enough, then why not do PRK instead of LASIK?  If you read my previous posts, you will see that was my point in the first place.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Gee...imagine that.

A brother comes to the aid of kin that doesn't know what he's talking about...

Sorry.  The flap does heal.  I did quite a bit of research for over 2 years before I had my LASIK done.  Even docs that only do PRK agree that it heals.

Oh...and that raquetball question?  Let me rephrase.  Would you rather be shot by a 9mm or a .45?  Either way, you're fucked.

Your logic is so flawed.

Comparing getting hit with a 9mm or .45 to a raquetball? WTF are you smoking?

I have been hit in the eye very hard with a tennis ball-- it was during a serve, my partner was serving and I turned around and BAM. I didn't die from it, however if I had a flap (which changes the structure of the eye-- simple physics), it would have destroyed my eye.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Superalpha,

It goes both ways.

"Don't go crying when you find out it really does heal and you could've had good vision long ago.

You are so into believing this shit.  So, just like a cult, go on believing it you brainwashed twit."

FYI: SuperAlpha has alread stated that there are other procedures out there to correct your vision that do not require a flap. And BTW: he does have excellent vision, due to Laser PRK (a far better alternative), NOT LASIK.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
blah blah blah blah, some more crap, blah blah blah

Sorry to hijack your thread, Verm.  But the Corsican Brothers here seems to have a habit of being know-it-alls.  Somebody has to speak the truth.

Congrats on your new vision.  You'll be really happy.  If you have any questions about it, feel free to contact me.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#38]
So, you folks say that Lasik and PRK are just as reliable, but PRK has a risk of having the flap open back up?

Personally, I want the one that has the least risks, but the best long term effects. Cost is no issue to me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
So, you folks say that Lasik and PRK are just as reliable, but PRK has a risk of having the flap open back up?

Personally, I want the one that has the least risks, but the best long term effects. Cost is no issue to me.

No, that is incorrect.

You should have said:
"So, you folks say that LASIK and PRK are just as reliable, but LASIK has a risk of having the flap open back up?"

One would have to question the flap issue: ask yourself HOW they re-do a procedure at a later date. Answer: they pressurize your eye to float the flap. I know a guy at work that had LASIK and had to have it re-done...

BTW: both procedures cost the same (at least a couple years ago), and take about the same time to perform. Recovery time is 1-2 days for LASIK, and 2-4 days for PRK.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Misquoted by BigD using HCI tactics: blah blah blah blah, some more crap, blah blah blah

FYI: SuperAlpha has alread stated that there are other procedures out there to correct your vision that do not require a flap. And BTW: he does have excellent vision, due to Laser PRK (a far better alternative), NOT LASIK.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Verm.  But the Corsican Brothers here seems to have a habit of being know-it-alls.  Somebody has to speak the truth.

Congrats on your new vision.  You'll be really happy.  If you have any questions about it, feel free to contact me.  

Your comments in this discussion are similar to the types of comments that Handgun Control Inc. makes about guns.

Believe what you want, but you are ignoring the simple rules of physics.

PS: You shouldn't edit-out people's comments and change them up. That's another thing that HCI does to try and prove something when they have no other proof. I went ahead and copied what I said back into the quote in this post...
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

NO.
LASIK has the "flap", but PRK does not.
Think of LASIK as FLAP+PRK.

You don't want the flap but sometimes you can't avoid it because of the type of correction you may need.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#42]
This is a quote from the www.LASIK.com FAQ,
"9. How long does it take the corneal flap to heal?

Note: The following information does not replace personal medical advice from your doctor. Please read our disclaimer.

The surface cells of the cornea seal the flap within 24 hours. Most doctors consider the vast majority of the flap healing to occur during the first four weeks. As a precaution, it is commonly recommended that post-LASIK patients protect their eyes from trauma, such as rubbing one’s eyes or accidental poking during sports, for at least one month following the procedure.

Although the flap is secure after this period, it may be lifted by a surgeon with special techniques and instruments for up to six months, and in some cases even longer, after the initial procedure."

So where does it say 2 years? FLAP, SHACK if a bum fucks it up does it ever grow back? Funny as these techniques progress more changes are introduced, better results, etc. I had "HOT" LASIK last November and SHIT do I remember smell of burning flesh, I was told nothing - after the first eye I KNEW what to expect - too late in over my head. Has worked out well so far and I am happy. Being over 50 makes for its added difficulties. I add as one experienced with the THEN top of the line LASIK, any technique should be approached with caution, wisdom and a real understanding that SHIT happens and you could be the 1 in 10.

I am very happy for you. It sounds like it has worked out for you so thank God, the technology, the physician and those in the support channel.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#43]
As someone who's had PRK, the healing time HURTS!  My wife had to pry my eyes open 4 times per day to put in the 3 different kinds of eye drops.  I spent 2 full days in bed, drugged up to the moon.  However, after the 3rd day, my eyes felt fine (the layer healed).  It took 3 months to fully "come in" but now its amazing.  I had an article done on me locally because of the results.  After I could still read the 20/10 lines clearly, the Dr. arranged to have a "20/5 and 20/0" test.  I don't know if those are even real terms, but the distance was correct.  I could read them both.  Anyway, I chose PRK to fly jets for the AF.  My wife will get LASIK because here eyes are too far gone.  Out of the thousands done each day, the chances are so remote that something will mess up.  You take much more risk driving to work.  Get it & be happy!  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HELL YES! I can see without glasses...

... FUCKING ROCKS WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

... I am only "inches" away from firmly talking myself into the procedure. Thinking about having them do just one eye first to be safe, but I'm not sure the operation can correct severe astigmatism. If after a few weeks things go OK I'll schedule my other eye.

... Congratulations!

Steve,

I had RK done about 8 years ago...Possibly the BEST thing I have aver done!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#45]
I knew someone would post that as absolute fact...let me look into it to find a reliable source ...that fact that I was referring to was printed a few years ago on a TLC (the owners of LASIK.com) form (they can do PRK and LASIK and I opted for PRK because LASIK was experimental, they told me some of the risks, and the flap was the main risk - plus you have no legal recourse for fuckups with experimental surgery).

BUT - as I stated eariler, the quote from LASIK.COM even refers to it, vaguely. (see in red)
Also, I know people who have had their flaps floated for follow up surgeries 1 or 2 years later...isn't that an interesting fact all by itself?  No cutting, just lifting the original flap.

Quoted:
This is a quote from the www.LASIK.com FAQ,
"9. How long does it take the corneal flap to heal?

Note: The following information does not replace personal medical advice from your doctor. Please read our disclaimer.

The surface cells of the cornea seal the flap within 24 hours. Most doctors consider the vast majority of the flap healing to occur during the first four weeks. As a precaution, it is commonly recommended that post-LASIK patients protect their eyes from trauma, such as rubbing one’s eyes or accidental poking during sports, for at least one month following the procedure.

Although the flap is secure after this period, it may be lifted by a surgeon with special techniques and instruments for up to six months, and in some cases even longer, after the initial procedure."

So where does it say 2 years? FLAP, SHACK if a bum fucks it up does it ever grow back? Funny as these techniques progress more changes are introduced, better results, etc. I had "HOT" LASIK last November and SHIT do I remember smell of burning flesh, I was told nothing - after the first eye I KNEW what to expect - too late in over my head. Has worked out well so far and I am happy. Being over 50 makes for its added difficulties. I add as one experienced with the THEN top of the line LASIK, any technique should be approached with caution, wisdom and a real understanding that SHIT happens and you could be the 1 in 10.

I am very happy for you. It sounds like it has worked out for you so thank God, the technology, the physician and those in the support channel.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#46]
YES IT DOES HURT!!  Which is why doctors love to pitch the idea of LASIK since the pain-healing time is faster.

Quoted:
As someone who's had PRK, the healing time HURTS!  My wife had to pry my eyes open 4 times per day to put in the 3 different kinds of eye drops.  I spent 2 full days in bed, drugged up to the moon.  However, after the 3rd day, my eyes felt fine (the layer healed).  It took 3 months to fully "come in" but now its amazing.  I had an article done on me locally because of the results.  After I could still read the 20/10 lines clearly, the Dr. arranged to have a "20/5 and 20/0" test.  I don't know if those are even real terms, but the distance was correct.  I could read them both.  Anyway, I chose PRK to fly jets for the AF.  My wife will get LASIK because here eyes are too far gone.  Out of the thousands done each day, the chances are so remote that something will mess up.  You take much more risk driving to work.  Get it & be happy!  

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Vermillion,

I had LASIK several years ago and it was the best money I ever spent. No kidding. went from "20 - hand wave" to 20-20.

The main things to worry about are not rubbing or putting pressure on the eyes (no rubbing and be sure to wear the night guards for AT LEAST as long as they say), and keeping particulate matter out of the eyes until the flaps start to heal (yes they do heal). I had to put motorcycling aside for a couple of months, but the last thing you want to do is trap some little piece of dirt under that flap while it is still loose. Wrap-around sun glasses are your friend in any breezy situation.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#48]
That is such bullshit! There's a thin protective layer of skin that grows over the flap after just a few weeks. True, the flap will always be there, however, it is not exposed and doesn't just peel back! As for flap trauma, it's gonna take a severe hit in the face to do damage to the flap. If you take a hard enough hit I have a feeling that the flap is going to be the least of your concerns. My doctor showed us some reports concerning this very issue and it stated that out of SEVERAL MILLION people world-wide that have had the procedure done, only 30-something have suffered from flap trauma.

Oh yeah, and the drawback to PRK is the possibility of developing scar tissue caused by the laser. So much so that there is a strong possibility that you will never see better than 20/40 due to the "hazing" caused by the scarring. Another down-side to PRK is once you have it done you can't ever have it done again in the event your sight starts to revert for the worse. But not so with Lasik. If for some reason your sight seems to be going back downhill, guess what, they can go back in there and fine tune it. In addition, there is virtually no risk at all of experienceing scarring with Lasik.

So, until you get a fucking PhD and have performed thousands of operations, shut the fuck up!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#49]
So where is your fucking PHD?
The issue here is the flap.
Pay attention.

Quoted:
That is such bullshit! There's a thin protective layer of skin that grows over the flap after just a few weeks. True, the flap will always be there, however, it is not exposed and doesn't just peel back! As for flap trauma, it's gonna take a severe hit in the face to do damage to the flap. If you take a hard enough hit I have a feeling that the flap is going to be the least of your concerns. My doctor showed us some reports concerning this very issue and it stated that out of SEVERAL MILLION people world-wide that have had the procedure done, only 30-something have suffered from flap trauma.

Oh yeah, and the drawback to PRK is the possibility of developing scar tissue caused by the laser. So much so that there is a strong possibility that you will never see better than 20/40 due to the "hazing" caused by the scarring. Another down-side to PRK is once you have it done you can't ever have it done again in the event your sight starts to revert for the worse. But not so with Lasik. If for some reason your sight seems to be going back downhill, guess what, they can go back in there and fine tune it. In addition, there is virtually no risk at all of experienceing scarring with Lasik.

So, until you get a fucking PhD and have performed thousands of operations, shut the fuck up!!

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
So where is your fucking PHD?
The issue here is the flap.
Pay attention.

Quoted:

No Shit?!?! Man, you really are a fucking genius! Hell, I feel alot better now knowing that you're spreading your wealth of intellect.

PREACH ON, GENIUS!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top