Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/3/2001 7:18:56 AM EST
I have always been interested in doing some gunsmithing. I have done some things on my own, but nothing to major. I have been thinking about pursuing this more and doing some manufacuring, probably specialize in assault weapons (AR and H&K). What would I need to get started with? Would I need to get a Class III or Class II license and what does that detail? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:16:48 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:22:49 PM EST
The quickest and surest way to get started is to attend one of the gunsmithing schools. Although you can do correspondent courses, this is better by far. The age of the apprentice is over, so having someone pay you while you learn is not an option. If you expect to make a living at it this is really the only viable method. Becoming a good machinest is necessary, but machinest school will NOT make you a qualified gunsmith, learning gunsmithing makes a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:42:44 PM EST
The C2 or C3 thing is only if you are interested in NFA weapons. Machine guns, short shotguns, short rifles, silencers, and AOWs. Beyond that you could move up to mortars and High Explosive rounds and grenade launchers but that gonna cost you just a bit more. An FFL-07 is what you want. Will cost you $50/year and your location must be zoned properly. Add $500/year for SOT todo the Machine guns Add $3000/year to do the Destructive Device thing.
Top Top