Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 6:08:19 PM EDT
For the Confederate States of America that is.... Except for those bastards in South Carolina, we need to kick them out. The FL CWL covers me for the rest of my country, no problem since I don't plan on going anywhere out of the Southeast (except for SC )

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I still dont like having to ASK to excercise a Constitutional RIGHT
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I still dont like having to ASKPAY to excercise a Constitutional RIGHT

True on both counts.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to get a FL ccw sometime to cover some of the other states MS doesn't
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You have your CSA internal passport too?  You realize that the CSA required passports for all persons for internal travel?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I doubt the CSA would consider western Virginia a state...

And the green legend is wrong.  Tennessee, Virginia, Arkansas and I beleive N. Carolina were also considered border states.

And Missouri had its own little civil war too.  Whether it seceded or not is a matter of perspective.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You have your CSA internal passport too?  You realize that the CSA required passports for all persons for internal travel?

No different than people having to present Identification on demand in this day and age. How else were they supposed to make sure the people weren't Yankee infiltrators ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

And the green legend is wrong.  Tennessee, Virginia, Arkansas and I beleive N. Carolina were also considered border states.

And Missouri had its own little civil war too.  Whether it seceded or not is a matter of perspective.

No the "boarder states" never left the union...TN did for sure....can't remember....to lazy to look it up..
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
My understanding is that FL and SC don't see eye-to-eye on whether DUI is a felony or a misdemeanor. That's why no reciprocity.

It is rather nice to know that I'm good to carry a gun pretty much anywhere I have a desire to go.

(Yes, I blackballed SC because they don't recognize my permit. I don't go there, I go around.)

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No the "boarder states" never left the union...TN did for sure....can't remember....to lazy to look it up..

The lower south seceded first.  South Carolina seceded first upon Lincoln's election followed quickly by Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Texas.

Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Arkansas left after Fort Sumter.

Missouri was a mess.

Kentucky had a secession convention but voted against secession.

Delaware never seriously considered seceding.

Maryland was occupied toot sweet and never got the chance to even have a secession convention.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The lower south seceded first.  South Carolina seceded first upon Lincoln's election followed quickly by Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Texas.

Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Arkansas left after Fort Sumter.

Missouri was a mess.

Kentucky had a secession convention but voted against secession.

Delaware never seriously considered seceding.

Maryland was occupied toot sweet and never got the chance to even have a secession convention.

I was mainly looking at the Confederate States in grey on the map. The original idea still applies

MO, KY , and DE honor my Confederate Carry permit anyway so who cares if they officially were there or not. Does that prove some infiltration from the South then if they weren't onboard originally ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#12]
TN is called the Volunteer state because it sent so many young men to fight for the North.  So it isn't in the same league as the others.  Not to mention that I was admitted under presidential Reconstruction, while the others took longer to readmit to the Union.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#13]
SC really creates a problem with contiguous reciprocity travel.  What's the deal?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
TN is called the Volunteer state because it sent so many young men to fight for the North.  So it isn't in the same league as the others.  Not to mention that I was admit under presidential Reconstruction, whilst the others took longer to readmit to the Union.

Tennessee has had several nicknames, but the most popular is “The Volunteer State.” The nickname originated during the War of 1812, in which the volunteer soldiers from Tennessee, serving under Gen. Andrew Jackson, displayed marked valor in the Battle of New Orleans.

http://www.50states.com/bio/nickname5.htm
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TN is called the Volunteer state because it sent so many young men to fight for the North.  So it isn't in the same league as the others.  Not to mention that I was admit under presidential Reconstruction, whilst the others took longer to readmit to the Union.

Tennessee has had several nicknames, but the most popular is “The Volunteer State.” The nickname originated during the War of 1812, in which the volunteer soldiers from Tennessee, serving under Gen. Andrew Jackson, displayed marked valor in the Battle of New Orleans.

Let's just say that my Constitutional Law professor teaches it a different way...  Although I am open to other possibilities.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's just say that my Constitutional Law professor teaches it a different way...  Although I am open to other possibilities.

He's probably just some union sympathizer, don't worry about it
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Actually... <drum roll> he is black.

We covered how the 13th Ammendment complicated the legal system by freeing slaves but not assigning them the legal status of "person," something that was corrected with birthright citizenship, which is again an issue for different reasons.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Maybe his ancestors fought for the confederacy
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe his ancestors fought for the confederacy

That was discussed.  Primarily what we are discussing is the fact that Secession requires what is basically a Constitutional Ammendment.  States do NOT have the right to secede.  The theory that the South used was that the Union was constituted by the people, while the Union believed the States created the union- therefore only the states could dismantle it.  The matter has been settled.

After the war, many in the South pursued a policy called Retroactive Aquiesence.  Basically, they admitted that they did not have the power to secede, therefore they never really left and they should be allowed full participation immediately.

The one which was used (and there were 4 total) was Grasp of War.  The 10 Southern States seeking Reconstruction (readmission) were devided into 5 military commands, governed by Union Major Generals.  Article 4, Section 4 of the Constitution states that the Federal Government will guarantee a republican form of government to the states, so the Union set about deciding whether the South (via Legislature or Executive of each state) had to ask for Reconstruction, or whether the North could presume that there was not enough civil government left in place to make that request, in which case the Union would act in the interest of said dissolved civil government (the Disorganized States theory).

Now I am going to cut and paste this into my notes.  If anyone has a correction or note, feel free to add it.  This class is going to be interesting, to say the least.

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump for fun to celebrate the fact I have a confederate carry permit (FL CWL)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got the application package yesterday.  Now just waiting until I move to FL in April to send it in.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#22]
wow... I don't think I've ever met someone who thought the Federal dissolution of the southern state governments and replacement with military dictators was completely kosher.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Confederate states? I thought they no longer existed since the embarrassing ass kicking they took at the hands of a bunch of pansy aass Yankees during The War of Southern Delusions Of Granduer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Confederate states? I thought they no longer existed since the embarrassing ass kicking they took at the hands of a bunch of pansy aass Yankees during The War of Southern Delusions Of Granduer.

Neither do the United States of America anymore thanks to the ruthless invasion and subjugation of the southern states by the northern states.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My understanding is that FL and SC don't see eye-to-eye on whether DUI is a felony or a misdemeanor. That's why no reciprocity.

It is rather nice to know that I'm good to carry a gun pretty much anywhere I have a desire to go.

(Yes, I blackballed SC because they don't recognize my permit. I don't go there, I go around.)

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/vanilla_gorilla911/florida_phpU99myv_florida_php24Ui8N.gif

I saw that map and at first glance I saw CA, NY and IL in red... Southern states in blue and I thought, wtf?

But go figure, of course the states I mentioned aren't going to honor your Constitutional rights.  Didn't need a picture to illustrate that
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for straightening this commemnt out. I am from the Volunteer state and it is NOT known for fighting for the north. We are/were Southerners fighting for the Confederacy. In East Tennessee we are still fighting the war, just with less bullets:(
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#27]
The grasp of War theory means just that:  the Southern States did in fact secede, did wage war on the Union, and were conquered.  I think it makes sense.  It was probably the only way to readmit the States after such a bloody conflict.  In ancient times, the Romans would have destroyed your cities, killed all the men, raped the women and salted the earth for thousands of miles.  Ya'll got off pretty easy, I think.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The grasp of War theory means just that:  the Southern States did in fact secede, did wage war on the Union, and were conquered.  I think it makes sense.  It was probably the only way to readmit the States after such a bloody conflict.  In ancient times, the Romans would have destroyed your cities, killed all the men, raped the women and salted the earth for thousands of miles.  Ya'll got off pretty easy, I think.

You do realize that by accepting the war theory that you are admitting that Lincoln's idea of an "indissolvable union" was complete bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do realize that by accepting the war theory that you are admitting that Lincoln's idea of an "indissolvable union" was complete bullshit.

Ultimately, the Union was restored.  That is what was most important to Lincoln.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh snap!  I just realized that the Civil War happened over 140 years ago!  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Oh snap!  I just realized that the Civil War happened over 140 years ago!  hock.gif

Congratulations.  You are the first person south of the Mason-Dixon line to realize that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh snap!  I just realized that the Civil War happened over 140 years ago!  

Congratulations.  You are the first person south of the Mason-Dixon line to realize that.

So what are you trying to say ?  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh snap!  I just realized that the Civil War happened over 140 years ago!  hock.gif

So what are you trying to say ?  hr

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top