Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2005 10:23:34 AM EDT
I was passing through the ER and some kids were messing around with Crosman BB guns.  They chased each other around shooting each other in their yard.  One guy got the drop on the other and shot him in the back at point blank range.  It went right into his back lodged near his spine.  They decided to leave it in.  Had to make a police report since its technically gunshot!

I think the only time I got hit was when I did it my self.  I was shooting some targets out my window at some targets that I had set up outside.  I missed the BB hit a big rock and came back and nailed me in the head!  Shit did that hurt.  Didnt break the skin but left a welt.  I got a bigger welt on my ass because another richocet hit the neighbors window and took it out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#1]
someone must have forgotten to remind those jackasses that they are supposed to only pump it once or twice

even then, they hurt like a bitch
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
someone must have forgotten to remind those jackasses that they are supposed to only pump it once or twice

even then, they hurt like a bitch

Once or twice?  They told the ER Doc they pumped it at least 10 times each!  LOL.  Even when youre little more is better.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was passing through the ER and some kids were messing around with Crosman BB guns.  They chased each other around shooting each other in their yard.  One guy got the drop on the other and shot him in the back at point blank range.  It went right into his back lodged near his spine.  They decided to leave it in.  Had to make a police report since its technically gunshot!

I think the only time I got hit was when I did it my self.  I was shooting some targets out my window at some targets that I had set up outside.  I missed the BB hit a big rock and came back and nailed me in the head!  Shit did that hurt.  Didnt break the skin but left a welt.  I got a bigger welt on my ass because another richocet hit the neighbors window and took it out.

It was a ricochet that hit the neighbors window.... suuuuuure.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#5]
When I was 18 or so I was out working on my car and my brother opened up the window to our upstairs apartment and got me right in the small of the back. One of those pump up pellet guns. He gave it like ten pumps. Hurt like hell. By the time I hit the stairs he was already out the door and running. He didn't come home for like 9 hours.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#6]

It was a ricochet that hit the neighbors window.... suuuuuure.  

It was actually the lady next door had one of those concrete birdbaths.  I did take a shot at the occasional bird that would be sitting on it.  But it was more fun to splash the water in the bath.  It would make a big splash and you could see the BB spark.  It was one of those that hit the window.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#7]
My brother and I used to chase each other through the house with powerline 880s

Those suckers raised some serious welts.... god we were stupid.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#8]
by my own brother and right through my lip, my teeth stopped it from going farther. I am pretty dam lucky it wasn't my eye.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Ummmh. Yes?

I might have been shot once. Or twice. Or more...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Once....when about 13 years old, shot myself in the foot...I wanted to see how it felt....My curiosity was satisfied.

Ouch.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Many times, Over 30 years ago.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Once....when about 13 years old, shot myself in the foot...I wanted to see how it felt....My curiosity was satisfied.

Ouch.

My GFs brother would get his repeater, line his sisters up and shoot at their feet and told them to dance.  My GF had enough so she took a 2x4 and whacked him with it.  The problem was that the 2x4 had a nail in it and messed him up pretty good.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I still have a BB in my hand. It's been there for about 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Ya, I've had a BB draw blood, and still have to scars from them. Both in the left hand.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
When I was 18 or so I was out working on my car and my brother opened up the window to our upstairs apartment and got me right in the small of the back. One of those pump up pellet guns. He gave it like ten pumps. Hurt like hell. By the time I hit the stairs he was already out the door and running. He didn't come home for like 9 hours

lol
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes, by a friend using MY gun. We were about 10yo. He did not have the benefit of my training. He never used it again.

Brother in law did get hit in the eye. Must not have had much velocity left but did result in permanant damage.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Right between the shoulder blades, thankfully it was a pistol and barely drew blood. Fing hurt though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Back when I was either 12 or 13 we were shooting our air rifles at each other (before we had paintball)  We wore goggles and badded our jackets and stuff so nothing would penatrate.  However this one dick saw me hidding but all he could see was my foot so he shot it.  The BB went through my shoe,  and into my big toe the BB went in near the nail and traveled up the bone to my foot.  I sat on the ground using my thumbs to squeeze it back out the entrance.  Hurt like a sonuvabitch.  THe next morning my mom saw my toe and said "OH my what happended?"  I told her that a stubbed my toe.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#22]
this is why they invented airsoft
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#24]
When I was like 12 I had the bright Idea of seeing if my Crossman pump pellet gun would go through a 5 gallon bucket. The answer is no, the first shot ricocheted right back into my nuts. It didn't hurt too badly because of my blue jeans but it was a valuable lesson learned.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#25]
My wife was hit under her breast, near the side of the ribcage. It left a nice little bb scar that's still clearly visible.

PS: It wasn't me!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#26]
yup, still stuck there right next to my nose. An inch or so either way and would have put an eye out or gone up my nasal cavity. Young and dumb....
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#27]
BB gun, 1 BB left thumb, ER Christmas morning around 1965.

I had thumb over barrel, Dad pulled trigger. My fault totally, I put BB in it and he did not know it.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#28]
When I was, maybe seven or eight, my older brother hit me in the
middle of the chest with a bb. My dad saw the welt that evening and
confirmed what he surmised. He told me to get my slingshot and one
bb. Had my brother and I stand about eight feet apart on the front
porch and told me to fire at will. I was hell with a slingshot and nailed
that sucker good. My dad held him back until I made my getaway.
Of course, in the days to come, my brother added a few bruises to the
welt. He was five years older and, at that age it made a difference in
size.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Probably hundreds of times .

But we had our own version of the Hague convention .
760, 880 were 2 pumps in the summer and 6 in the winter .
Spring guns like the daisy cub and red Ryder were ok , but
no C02 or break type high velocity guns allowed , and
no intentional face shots

Of course that didn't prevent the occasional " Sinker "
Little did we know that 25 years later people would
Pay good money for force on force training  . Or  
Airsoft and paint ball .

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Had to make a police report since its technically gunshot!

Doc, I'm surprised bb's were considered gunshots. Will this data come back to haunt us when the VPC, or HCI and company tally up the total for thier campaign to stop "Gun Violence?" If so it's no wonder they produce phantasmal data each year. No offense to you doc.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#31]
My first BB gun was a Daisy Cub.

1)  Shot  at a squirrel while it was running along the powerline I was standing under.  I waitied until it was directly above me before I shot.  The BB hit the squirrel with a sound that remnded me of shooting a pillow and the BB bounced off and come all the way back down and hit me on the cheek.

2)  A richochet broke a window in my fathers garage.

3)  I worked the lever action to get it ready but instead of closing the lever I left it straight down and while laying prone I stuck the lever in the ground and "discovered" the Mono-pod.  Now my BB gun could swivel around and I didnt have to support all the weight !!  I pulled the trigger and the lever slammed shut and busted my middle finger pretty bad.  It bled for awhile.  Still have a scar there today....

THEN I GOT A CROSMAN 1377 PUMP PISTOL with OPTIONAL RIFLE STOCK

4)  I was using the pistol like a hammer and breaking HUGE dirt clods into smaller one while having a dirt clod fight with my cousins.  It went off and impacted right next to my member.  It went though my jeans but not my underwear.  I  had one Hell of a strawberry there and it even bled some....

BB gun wars were some of the best fun in my whole life but DAMN WE WERE STUPID, CARELESS AND DAMN LUCKY nobody ever lost an eye!

LB
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#32]
BB GUN WARS!!  Summer of '78.  Crosman 760 standard issue, three pump max (so MANY cheaters!)    My brother snuck up to my position with his Marksman Spring BB gun.  Just as I was getting ready to pick off the enemy, he jumped up, pointed his pistol at me and pulled his trigger!  The BB hit my thumb and man was I pissed!    That sucker hurt!  

No real wounds though.  That was SOOO much fun!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Yup - 12 years old hunting gophers in the pasture down the road from the house with a friend neighbor.

There was a pile of 4" irrigation pipe that I saw some furry critters run into. I told my neighbor, "I'll go look in one end and if I see one I'll let you know." I was on one end and he was on the other. I was looking in the third pipe and I said, "There's one." Next thing I know my eye hurt like hell. I moved my hand to cover it and it came back bloody. I couldn't see too well, but we walked about a mile back to the house and showed my mom.

It turned out that the BB hit my lower eyelid and missed my eye by only a few thousandths of an inch.

There is still a small divot on my eyelid and I'm missing an eyelash.

It was a good thing we weren't using .22s
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I have long experience in BB gun wars. Yea it hurts. My old gang from the hood in 1952, including my brother Bob third from left and myself second from left. Note the Daisy with the scope for long range sniping.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#35]
+1  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#36]
30 years ago...it stung but that's all lol
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Point blank range, right big toe.  Stung like a bitch.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#38]
steel BB's, paintball, airsoft plastic BB's. Don't know which I like better paintball or airsoft........Airsoft I guess.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Before there were paintguns we would put on big down jackets and full face motorcycle helmets and play war. You could always tell when you got a hit cuz you heard either wack! (from the jacket), Tink! (from the helmet), or Ouch! from a leg or hand shot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Hell, yes! We had BB gun wars back in the early '80s. I shot my cousin in the ankle, he got pissed, and loaded a pointed Beeman pellet without telling me. After we called it quits for the day, he shot me point blank in the right thigh. It put a bloody hole in my leg, and to this day, I don't know if the pellet is still in there or not.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I was actually killed by a BB gun.  Never again!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Many times, never hurt much.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I lost count of how many times .
Thankfully I never ended up like my friend Kenny . As far as I know he still has a BB lodged next to his right eye by the bridge of his nose .
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Had to make a police report since its technically gunshot!

Doc, I'm surprised bb's were considered gunshots. Will this data come back to haunt us when the VPC, or HCI and company tally up the total for thier campaign to stop "Gun Violence?" If so it's no wonder they produce phantasmal data each year. No offense to you doc.

Oneshot no offense taken.  I think it also has to do with the city you are located and state laws.  You even have to have pistol permit to buy a pellet gun.  That says it all.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Hell, we had bb gun wars as a kid.

Yeah, I thought everyone did.  One of the mysteries in life is that no one ever got seriously hurt in ours.

edit: Now getting hit with those lawn darts is another subject.  Friend nailed his little brother right in the side of the head.  Went to the Doc's, turned out ok in the end.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I thought everyone did.  One of the mysteries in life is that no one ever got seriously hurt in ours.

Aye, BB-Gun wars are a universal game for all kids :).

I've been shot a few hundred times. Only minor scars.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#47]
We used to shoot each other all the time, but never with enough power to break the skin.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Always had fights with one-pump red riders.  One time though, i was shooting a high power bb gun, and the bb bounced off the target and hit my hand.  left a pretty good sized welt and hurt like hell!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top