Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ya, I've had a BB draw blood, and still have to scars from them. Both in the left hand.

Did you happen to be a right handed kid, who owned a BB pistol?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Had many BBwars with one or two pump limits. But one summer my stepday was making a box blind in our back yard for that years hunt. Well my buddy got in it to hunt the birds coming into my chicken pen. I stayed by the fence. Well no birds so I shot at the stand. It had windows cut out  but I just  aimed at the wall to scare the shi@ out of him. So the war was on,  well for him anyway I was not going to aim for his head throu the cut out windows, that was all i  could see of him but he was shooting at me. Pay back time. I sneek around behind a shed and  got under  him. The floor was made of  an old  pallet that had carpet on top to cover the spaces between the  boards. So I guessed where his  ass  was and placed the muzzle up to the carpet and shot. It seemed  like slow motion as I ran away from the box blind and heard ALL TEN PUMPS and then the pain IN my shoulderHe
And then kicked my ass for it.
As for the  BB she just pinched it out and that was  the last of BBguns
So i  had to start sneaking out my  stepdads .22
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
My best friends little brother who wasnt so little was an occasional trouble maker.  There was this female jogger that ran by all the time.  The boys got drunk one night and thought it would be funny to zing her one.  He pumped it once and nailed her in the ass as she ran by. He was in a second story window.  But somehow the girl had reflexes and senses like a cat and saw a part of him.  Within a few minutes, Ann Arbors finest LEOs are at the door.  The want to look upstairs for the gun.  In the meantime my buddys brother saw the cops coming and threw the BB gun out the window and into a dumpster below.  The cops come in and find him and his friends playing Sega.  They search the room and find nothing.

The best part is that he is now an Assistant DA in GA.  LOL.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Many times, we didn't have this pussy airsoft shit back then so we used BB guns. I've even been shot with those little darts.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
A few times. We used to have BB gun wars before paintball came out.

We had the 3 pump rule. 3 pumps max. Some still got teeth shot out and other horrific hard to try explain to parents accidents like that. "um we were playing at a construction site and he fell on a  board with a  nail sticking out and it took out a few teeth.... why are we wearing cammo and shop goggles?.... run"
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
hit twice, I was about 14. Once in the hand - still have the "crater" scar and once in the thigh - no scar. The hand one stung like hell, it was about 25 degrees out and we were down the meadows in NJ and my friend thought he was a lone ranger or something and tried to shoot a can out of my hand without telling me. WHAMO! that thing stung like 50 bastards!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#7]
My brother shoot me in the gut  at about 3ft, naurtally me being bullet proof  it bunced right of.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#8]
BB gun wars. Nuff said.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I think thefunniest thing that happened with BB guns occurred at my fraternity house.  We having a cookout and one of the brothers had his BB gun out.  So we were shooting at this beer can that was in the grass.  We hit it a few times but it was still standing.  We lost interest and left it.  A few minutes later, the senior brother who was playing volleyball grabs his beer and starts drinking.  Half the beer ended up on his chest.  The other half was in his mouth with a load of BBs.  He starts spitting BBs out and starts cussing and yelling at us.  We were rolling the grass for hours.  I guess you had to be having a few beers to really enjoy BB guns!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
someone must have forgotten to remind those jackasses that they are supposed to only pump it once or twice

even then, they hurt like a bitch

We used to shoot each other as kids. Then we learned about paintball. and now airsoft and simunitions.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hell, we had bb gun wars as a kid.

+1
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, right in the middle of the forehead, a friend of mine took his BB gun, it was a lever action, but not a Red Ryder.   You could actually pull the hammer back on it and the BB would go a little ways, even if you didn't pump it.  He put it right up to my forehead and pulled the trigger.  It didn't hurt cause there was no real pressure behind it.  It was almost like it just rolled down the barrel.

We were like 9 or 10 years old.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I just had a BB removed from my face in December.  That cost me $300
That BB was black with corrision. It's like a part of me, I can't let go.

The guy that shot me is wearing one in his neck. (The bastard try to ambuish a point shooter.)

I learned weapon retention is very important back in '83. My pals were shooting air in each

others face. I was standing next to them, were I had my benejamin pumped to the max waiting

for a turtle to pop his head up. The next thing I know I'm looking down the brl of my own rifle.

BAM...........(Son of a........That's gonna leave a mark)

That my story but ,don't tell my Dad. He'd be pissed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Hundreds of times during the BB gun wars.  

Those were the days.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#15]
twice
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I was about 10 and having a  bb gun "war" with a buddy. This was, oh, over 30 years ago. No eye protection. One of his bb's hit me on the eyelid; I would hate to think how differently the last 30 years would have been for me if that bb was an inch lower.
*post contains personal opinion only*
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#18]
bThese new one pump air guns are not what we used in our BBgun wars!  Mostly daisys and we did alloy Begiman pumps with only one pump!  

We also used dirty motor oil in the bores it cut down velocity but left a dirty round mark on your body or tee shirt!!!   That kept the lyiars down on there hit count!!

Wonder we didn't all die from the BBguns and rocket point target arrows we shot straight up into the air!!!  WE did used to grab the garden hose on both ends and create a whip with an up and down motion!  My cousin let loose of his end and the other end hit me in the head(big gash) bleed like a stuck hog!!!

We went to the Emergency ward and I was holding a wet towel on my head,crying like a little pissy girl while waiting to be stiched up till I looked  to my right,and sure enough there set a boy with an arrow sticking straight out of the top of his head(not saying a thing)!!!

I shut up real quick like!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I was passing through the ER and some kids were messing around with Crosman BB guns.  They chased each other around shooting each other in their yard.  One guy got the drop on the other and shot him in the back at point blank range.  It went right into his back lodged near his spine.  They decided to leave it in.  Had to make a police report since its technically gunshot!

I think the only time I got hit was when I did it my self.  I was shooting some targets out my window at some targets that I had set up outside.  I missed the BB hit a big rock and came back and nailed me in the head!  Shit did that hurt.  Didnt break the skin but left a welt.  I got a bigger welt on my ass because another richocet hit the neighbors window and took it out.

I did something very similar, except mine did break the skin; In fact the BB ended up traveling under my eyeball lodged behind the orbital bone.

Ended up having surgury to remove it and a hospital stay to ward off infection. I was DAMN lucky to not damage my eye, but I sure learned a lesson about safe back stops.

And to those who might be thinking safety glasses would have helped, they didn't. the BB hit about a 1/4" below the frame of the glasses and traveled till it hit the orbital bone and continued to just behind it.....Yes I know I was a lucky bastage!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hell, yes! We had BB gun wars back in the early '80s. I shot my cousin in the ankle, he got pissed, and loaded a pointed Beeman pellet without telling me. After we called it quits for the day, he shot me point blank in the right thigh. It put a bloody hole in my leg, and to this day, I don't know if the pellet is still in there or not.

It probably is still there.  That pellet is a Beeman Siver Jet.  I got hit with one just below the corner of my mouth and it traveled under the skin stopping in my neck.  Mine is still there after 20+ years.

If  I ever need to take my pulse, I just press down on the hard lump in my neck.

I've also got an MRI that shows a perfect image of it right down to the three gas rings and nice sharp point.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#21]
When I was 16 we had bbgun fights my friend shot me through the ear.Freakn hurt like hell.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#22]
if you dont have at least one scar from a bb or pellet
you never had bb gun wars.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#23]
OK I have two stories.
1.) My brother has a BB gun pointed at his face when he maeks the mistake of saying, "Go ahead Chuck its not loaded."  Chuck being just as silly pulls the trigger and shoots him in the nose.  Segway to what looks like a prison rape scene as Chuck (17 years old and 6'5") tackles my brother and covers his mouth in order to stop him from calling mom.  No lasting injury........

2.) While supervising security guards I had an officer who managed to shoot himself in the hand.  He would charge the BB gun and pump it twice then half pull the trigger to get a gentle puff of air against his hand.  Of course one pull is a bit too forceful and he puts a BB into the last joint of his right thumb.  The other officer on duty stated that our injured man called his mother with this gem, "Mom..................I've done something stupid...............again."
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#24]
When i was going to paintball tournaments all the time, a bunch of us were coming back from Birmingham and a rival team was passing us. One of my teammates said someone was going to moon us. I had my Crossman BB pistol under the seat. I rolled the window down and when they passes us, one of the guys had his ass hanging out the window. I couldn't pass that one up, so I shot him in the cheek of the ass. The shot was only about 5 or 6 feet. I thought the guy was going to jump through the drivers side window.
God, we laughed our asses off over that one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Back when we were 10 or 11, my asshole step-brother would go "lets have a bb-gun fight" and I'd go "No!".  Then he'd say "well, I'm going to shoot at you, you can shoot back if you want".

One time, I nailed him right in the temple as he was doing a banzai charge across a dirt road.  Short time later he nailed me right in the eyebrow.  Would've lost my eyesight for sure if it had been half an inch lower.  I think we stopped having bb gun fights after that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#26]
My Grandfather was shot in the eye about 75 years ago by his little brother. You can still see the BB under the skin by his tear duct. They never did remove it because it was too dangerous back then, and he hasn't bothered to have it looked at since. When he told us "you'll put an eye out with those things" we actually listened.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#27]
We use to have BBgun wars all of the time.

One day we were out in the woods and one of the guys took a round in the forhead that traveled under his skin along the skul and lodged itself abotu halfway back on the top of the head, it bledd like crazy and we tried to do surgery to get it out but to no avail, that was hard to explain to the kids mother.

After that, and parents finding a lot fo windows with bbholes in them we cut back on the bb wars.

Great fun though
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I was testing the C02 power in my powerline pistol. I thought she was empty..... little did I know what X-Rays can uncover.

hock.gif A DAMN BB IN MY HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#29]

When I was six years old, I had a BB go into my neck. Stung like a Mother--cker. We were out on a farm. Had to run to the farm house. Then drive twenty miles to the doctor office. So the doc could dig it out.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I have been shoot with a BB gun more times than I can count.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I got shot with a bb once in the toe.  It hurt like hell.

I had a wrist rocket and a rock.

Noone has ever shot me with a bb gun since.

I didn't realize that a rock from wrist rocket (slingshot) does a lot more damage than most bb-guns.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Me me me me me me me ... One of those Daisy pump up jobs  hurt like a bitch too....
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Fortunately, always the contributer, not the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Over 30 years ago my brother shot me in the face.  The BB is still there, lodged next to the edge of my right nostril on the upper part of my lip.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh hell yes.

We had BB gun wars all the time.  We had rules that prevented serious injury.

Yes, we bent those rules some......
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I got shot with BB guns several times when I was a kid. We used to play "war" with them...it's a miracle no one lost an eye! Stupid,huh? I still have a scar on my arm from a Crosman pump!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I took one right in the corner of my left eye when trying to kill my commie neighborhood enemies. Just 1 cm to the left and I would not have an eye
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#38]
No, but icicles fell on me a few times.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Been shot by BB guns and bottle rockets more times than I care to count.  For the boys we played with that had the multi-pump guns, if they went over 1 pump it was a sure butt whoopin when we caught them with their guard down!

Gus
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes.  I was making a tactical shot at a live target and did not clear the muzzle around the metal building I used for cover.  The .177 pellet left a groove in the building, hit a tree, and then hit my chest.  It took my breath away, fucking ouch"  I was about 15, but remember it like yesterday.  

I got shot in the shin by a .44 ball out of an 1858 Remington, it came right back after hitting a bowling ball almost dead center.  My bullet resistant Tony Llamas and Wranglers saved the skin, but left one heck of a bruise.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top