Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 9:23:01 PM EST
I'm prior military(Army) and thinking of re-enlisting in the Reserves. My soul purpose of re-enlisting in the Reserves is for a tour in Iraq. I'm afraid with my luck I would go through the process of re-enlisting and then get assigned to a unit that just returned from Iraq. Can I re-enlist and specifically request a unit going to Iraq? Also, I plan on changing my MOS. I was originally a Scout. I plan on changing to Medic. I'm 34 years old now. Any good advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:26:35 PM EST
Why not try for one of the contracting companies? You'll make more money and you're guaranteed to go overseas.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:31:03 PM EST
I've looked at some places but they require ten years+ specialized operator experience. I don't have it. I was just a run of the mill grunt.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:33:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By ScoutOut:
I've looked at some places but they require ten years+ specialized operator experience. I don't have it. I was just a run of the mill grunt.

IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:35:26 PM EST
I guess an IM wasn't sent. You're not accepting them.

This is what I was going to say.

Check the Hall of Heroes forum. There is a thread for job seekers. 82ndAbn posted a link for grunts interested in contract work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:38:50 PM EST
Thanks. I don't have IM set up on my computer. I can e-mail but don't have IM set up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:43:18 PM EST
I found the link. Thank You.
Top Top