Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2005 10:23:01 PM EDT
I'm prior military(Army) and thinking of re-enlisting in the Reserves.  My soul purpose of re-enlisting in the Reserves is for a tour in Iraq.  I'm afraid with my luck I would go through the process of re-enlisting and then get assigned to a unit that just returned from Iraq.  Can I re-enlist and specifically request a unit going to Iraq?  Also, I plan on changing my MOS.  I was originally a Scout.  I plan on changing to Medic.  I'm 34 years old now.  Any good advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not try for one of the contracting companies?  You'll make more money and you're guaranteed to go overseas.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've looked at some places but they require ten years+ specialized operator experience.  I don't have it.  I was just a run of the mill grunt.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've looked at some places but they require ten years+ specialized operator experience.  I don't have it.  I was just a run of the mill grunt.

IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess an IM wasn't sent.  You're not accepting them.

This is what I was going to say.

Check the Hall of Heroes forum.  There is a thread for job seekers.  82ndAbn posted a link for grunts interested in contract work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  I don't have IM set up on my computer.  I can e-mail but don't have IM set up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I found the link.  Thank You.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top