Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2004 12:41:30 PM EDT
Well, I just got the pleasure of meeting one of my relatives recently for the first time. I heard beforehand she was a bit of a hippy.  I took my family to visit my grandmother in a nursing home to show her our newborn baby and this woman was there.  Before I met her, we passed her daughter (never met her before either) in the hall complete with "NO IRAQ WAR" shirt.  Right after we got there the two of them left, but my sister had been there earlier and this is how this lady acted:

- My sister mentioned we had a new baby and she says "Oh, isn't THAT just what the world needs" (she has three children herself)

- My grandmother was telling them how she was feeling depressed and was in some pain and she says "Well you're just going to have to learn how to deal with it".  Real comforting.

- She asked my sister and her husband what they do for a living - they both work at the Naval Base doing engineering on nuclear submarines.  She goes off about how "we don't need those things! we don't need those things!" and told them about how she protested against them in the 70s.

Funny how more often than not the people for "world peace" are the biggest assholes I know.

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What she meant was

"it would be nice if we did not need those things"

old people - cut them some slack
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
we passed her daughter (never met her before either) in the hall complete with "NO IRAQ WAR" shirt...  

- My sister mentioned we had a new baby and she says "Oh, isn't THAT just what the world needs" (she has three children herself)

Yes, the world needs more kids to be raised by conservatives, to counter balance the additional liberals that she has polluted this world with.

You obviously went this long without seeing her, maybe you'll get lucky and not see her for another 30 years or so!
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had the displeasure of experiencing The Haight in San Francisco, the place where the hippies NEVER grew up.

WHAT A FUCKED UP LOT.

No wonder there were idiots in that protest in SF months ago that held signs that read, "NY's skyline looks better WITHOUT the WTC". And supporting the palis.

I guess a lifetime of drugs and gullibility CAN cause someone to completely lose touch with reality.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What she meant was

cyanide's spin machine goes into overdrive. We're supposed to let you school us on what the (it's all about me and how I feel) hippie was talking about. You remind me Moore and Moore of one of those stupid white men.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#9]
HELLO?  SCREW YOU GODDAMN HIPPAY!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I had an exgirlfriend who was a hippy.
Yes, they are the most fucked up people on Earth.
I still have nightmares about this one.

Bilster
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What she meant was

cyanide's spin machine goes into overdrive. We're supposed to let you school us on what the (it's all about me and how I feel) hippie was talking about. You remind me Moore and Moore of one of those stupid white men.

Well --- better me than you, don't you think ?

You are so brain washed .. nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Biggest assholes in the world? I would disagree, but their grasp on reality is often absent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You are so brain washed .. nevermind.

Yet another assumption by the great room temperature IQ spin doctor.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#15]
So I found out some more about this relative... she was a super feminazi in the 70s.  At one point decided she wanted to experience "having a baby" so found some dude to sleep with and got pregnant.  She had a son who is now a communist.  Eventually married another guy later when she "settled down" and had two more kids.  I talked to my mom, who never, EVER swears (ever) and she says "That woman is an ASSHOLE!!" haha.  Apparently there's much more.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#17]
How much do you want to be that the crazy commie hippy bitch gets a big chunck of your grandma's inheritance??

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Hippies smell like bong water.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Why are you insulting bong water?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#20]
What a screwed up thing to say about a baby.  She has three of them?  
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What she meant was

not the grandmother. reading comprehension, it's not that hard.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#22]
The 70's hippies were all tree hugging, California style idiots. Now the 60's...those were better days. You younger gentlemen think the 60's were all about peace, love and rock & roll.

The street gangs everybody is always talking about now are little Marys compared to the Black Panthers. The difference is the Panthers worked to improve the neighborhoods and really only hated us Honky's.

The Weathermen were some of the best trained terrorists around. Abby Hoffman was a tactical genius.

Think the cops are brutal now. They tried to serve warrants on MOVE and got shot at so they planted a bomb on the roof of their building, Burned down the better part of the block when it went off.

The list goes on.

The 60's were not about sit ins, love ins or peace. Those were real Hippies.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#23]
+1 for cartmaN'S  description of hippies
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Bong water smells much better than B.O. & patchouli
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
[Cartman]Hippies claim they care about the environment but they mostly do drugs and smell bad.[/Cartman]

......they say they want to save the world but all they do is is smoke pot and play frisbee
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#26]

As far as a direct confrontation with a hippie, anything short of a pistolwhipping is a waste of time. Need to go for covert antics of the very juvenile kind.

Good thing she's a relative. If you EVER have the chance to visit her home - go in ready for action just to fuck with her.

Take a moment to use her bathroom. Take a shit and "dab" it with her toothbrush. (You're little secret).

Also while you're in there, make a small cut, hole or tear in the rubber flapper valve in the toilet tank. (A running toilet can be so annoying).

Go into the kitchen and, as you place a your empty waterglass in the sink, just nonchalantly drop a couple bolts down her garbage disposal. (She'll get a kick out of that next time she turns it on).

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By peter nap:
The difference is the Panthers worked to improve the neighborhoods and really only hated us Honky's.

Never been to Newark, eh?  The Panthers did SUCH NICE THINGS with the neighborhood after they ran out the cops and anyone with enough cash to beg borrow or steal a trip away.  

Newark in 1960 was a decent, vibrant city.  By 1970 the Panthers and associates turned it into a Mad Max themepark, complete with potshots at the hospital and threatening visits to the homes of local law enforcement officers.  It's still pretty shitty, but getting better.  

HAMAS works to improve neighborhoods too, between suicide bombings and rocket attacks.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top