Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:03:41 AM EDT
Does anyone know if all the pictures of the thugs in New Orleans has sunk in with people around the country and caused a surge in gun sales?  Friends of mine who have been without arms have asked how they get one.  I think the looting/lawlessness would show that in reality the only way to protect yourself is to arm yourself to protect your family.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I have put off some of my gun/ammo sales, holding onto abit more
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh definately, you can bet gun sales are up. Not that it's really necessary. But you can bet people will react to this like they do to everything else, in a kneejerk fashion. In a few weeks, they'll all go back to being sheeple though, just like after 9/11.

But some of the people in the effected area will likely have a different take after all of this is over.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Had a big range day planned but postponed it as to not depleat my supply.  May buy a few more cases and try for next week.  Worst part is that my brand new Bushy M4gery is at Bushmaster getting fixed right now.  Probably won't get it back until next week either.    Oh well, guess the AC556K will have to step up to the plate until it gets back  

Debo
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I know gun sales here are getting ready to go up by one Springfield M1A.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know guns sales here are getting ready to go up by one Springfield M1A.

+1 which model are you getting?  Is an M1A standard at $1350 too much?  That is my local shop's price.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]
My mother's Christmas present for this year from the family. 8 rounds of .38/.357

I own some S&W stock.  Has went from 2 bucks just a few months back to around 5 today.  I'm going to hold onto it a little longer and see how their sales were this quarter.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My mother's Christmas present for this year from the family. 8 rounds of .38/.357

www.firearms.smith-wesson.com/userimages/170245_large.jpg

I own some S&W stock.  Has went from 2 bucks just a few months back to around 5 today.  I'm going to hold onto it a little longer and see how their sales were this quarter.

My hand hurts just looking at that lil' pup
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I was just going to post the SAME topic LOL.................Tagged - I am sure there has been an influx of ammunition and gun sales.............
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was just going to post the SAME topic LOL.................Tagged - I am sure there has been an influx of ammunition and gun sales.............

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Our sales are steady right now. But we also have hunting season starting up and this is a good time of year for us anyway. This next show, 9-11, is usually one of the best shows of the year. We will see.

Personally I have picked up some extra ammo for the rat hole. Only a couple extra cases.
Wish I had a way to store gass!

CH
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been planning on buying a few more guns too.  Now I have additional jutification!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I went right out and bought an extra box(50rds) of 22LR for defending my castle........
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#13]
If any good comes out of this mess, I hope it is the awareness that the police and government can't always be everywhere and the right of self protection and self preservation is something that shouldn't be encroached on.  It is times like this, and really only times like this, that show this to be true.  We live in this rosey, almost artificial world for the most part, but when the SHTF, like it has in N.O., that basic right needs to be there.  There will always be the lawless, it's in human nature.  The good of the world need rights like this.  Try to tell that to a Dem/liberal though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know gun sales here are getting ready to go up by one Springfield M1A.

+1 which model are you getting?  Is an M1A standard at $1350 too much?  That is my local shop's price.

Local gun store has them for $1299, wood or synthetic.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Local gun store has them for $1299, wood or synthetic.

www.springfield-armory.com/images/rifles/MA9102Large.jpg

wood. drool
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.firearms.smith-wesson.com/userimages/170245_large.jpg

My hand hurts just looking at that lil' pup

Yeah, did he say Mother, or MIL?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Worst part is that my brand new Bushy M4gery is at Bushmaster getting fixed right now.  Probably won't get it back until next week either.    

What was the problem with it...are they still making purple receivers?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, I'm hitting my local gun store this weekend. Might try to get rid of an AK that I don't shoot and pick up some stuff for my M4 (scope, ammo mags). I've decided it would be better to stick to 5.56mm rifles that use AR mags, and I've got two already.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#20]

What was the problem with it...are they still making purple receivers?

You sure know how to twist a knife.   The MAIN problem with it was FTEje/Ext.  I didn't want to be chasing gremlins in this thing for the next 10 years.  I am not supposed to have to fiddle with it to get it to work.  I have 1911's for that.    The OTHER problems with it are a blue upper receiver and some finish problems with the bbl.  I will go back to picking salt from my wounds, thanks.  

Debo

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#21]
If you live in ANY of the gulf or south Atlantic states and you do NOT have a home defense firearm you are a complete idiot.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Funny you should ask.....

A co-worker who owns a shot gun, deer rifle & a .22 (typical hunting gun only kinda guy) asked me this morning if I still had that AR15 for sale.

I said "Sure, but why now?"

He replied "I think it's time to be ready for bad things to happen"
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Funny you should ask.....

A co-worker who owns a shot gun, deer rifle & a .22 (typical hunting gun only kinda guy) asked me this morning if I still had that AR15 for sale.

I said "Sure, but why now?"

He replied "I think it's time to be ready for bad things to happen"

Well get busy and sell it to him!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#25]
If you live in the South and don't have a gun you are definately an idiot or worse, a liberal.

A 22 to defend your castle?  Expecting to be invaded by rats and squirrels?h
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If you live in the South and don't have a gun you are definately an idiot or worse, a liberal.

A 22 to defend your castle?  Expecting to be invaded by rats and squirrels?

I won't be able to buy more ammo until Sept. 10th when I get home.  Yall try to leave some for me.

Be carefull there Ace, AR15's ARE .22's
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

wood. drool

Please refrain from saying "drool" and "wood" in the same context. It implies something else.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just ordered an M1A National Match for 1600 from Bud's Gun Shop online.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I know for a fact that gun sales are up.

I got my bonus this week!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Any gun, even a .22, would be vastly superior to not having one.  

I'd hope that sales of preparedness supplies would be up also.  

Oh, and common sense.  It'd be nice to see that commodity increase in the world, too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Any gun, even a .22, would be vastly superior to not having one.  

I'd hope that sales of preparedness supplies would be up also.  

Oh, and common sense.  It'd be nice to see that commodity increase in the world, too.

This just in..........common sense is DOWN..............sell your stocks now!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I haven't felt the need to buy more guns-but I can't seem to fight my compulsion to load mags though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#33]
a friend who was looking to buy a shotgun today told me that clark's (the best local shop) was sold out of ar's, ak's, shotguns, even mini-14s.....and we're closer to dallas than new orleans (shreveport)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If you live in ANY of the gulf or south Atlantic states and you do NOT have a home defense firearm you are a complete idiot.

If you live anywhere where people like to riot and you don't have a gun, you are an idjit.  This would include New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, etc.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wood. drool

Please refrain from saying "drool" and "wood" in the same context. It implies something else.

The water cooler talk around here is mostly about stocking up on MREs, bottled water and such.  Thinking the same thing myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Went to get some ammo yesterday at my local shop. The owner had what a wanted but I got the last of the .308 and 5.56. He said gun sales were "brisk" this week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Ordered a FAL this week myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#39]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top