Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 4:33:25 PM EDT
I want buy an AR-15 but first I want to get a safe. Looking to buy  in the next 3-6 months. I want to keep the price around $3000 or less. What are the best brands. I have been looking and there are alot of choices so I wanted to get  some help on this.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
you can get an awesome safe for $3000

I think I would get a Liberty

www.libertysafe.com/safegallery.lasso

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You could buy a decent safe and AR for $3k.

Ask me how.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I have been looking at Liberty online and there is a local dealer here. I'm going to look at them in person in the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ask me how.

You could buy a decent safe, an AR, AND a beater pick up to haul the safe in for $3K
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ask me how.

Fill me in!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]

You could buy a decent safe, an AR, AND a beater pick up to haul the safe in for $3K

Im saying! Damn, 3000.00 for a safe. Spend it on the guns and ammo. A cardboard box or plastic tub under the bed will suffice for storage. If you want to lock it up just buy big zip ties to go around the box.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Im saying! Damn, 3000.00 for a safe. Spend it on the guns and ammo. A cardboard box or plastic tub under the bed will suffice for storage. If you want to lock it up just buy big zip ties to go around the box. hr

I have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old so I want to have a good safe. Plus I would like to keep important docuements , pictures, etc in the safe also. I want to get one big enough that I won't ever have to buy another one again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
All I did was go to walmart and get a $300 Sentry safe. It locks up, it's bolted to the wall and the floor, and it holds 2 ar15's, 3 ar10's, 3 shotguns, 3 lever actions, an M1, an M1 carbine, 15 assorted pistols, and a pile of papers. Unfortunately, I decided one day to take my full safe for a ride in the boat and the damn thing fell in the river! Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
All I did was go to walmart and get a $300 Sentry safe. It locks up, it's bolted to the wall and the floor, and it holds 2 ar15's, 3 ar10's, 3 shotguns, 3 lever actions, an M1, an M1 carbine, 15 assorted pistols, and a pile of papers. Unfortunately, I decided one day to take my full safe for a ride in the boat and the damn thing fell in the river! Oh well.

Hey BigT, how was the keypad on that Sentry safe? was it reliable? I was looking at that safe in Wally World yesterday and it seemed like a great deal.

I mean, before it fell in the water
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:08:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey BigT, how was the keypad on that Sentry safe? was it reliable? I was looking at that safe in Wally World yesterday and it seemed like a great deal.

I mean, before it fell in the water

No stinkin keypad! Spin da dial man!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:18:26 AM EDT
[#11]
One thing to remember, don't sweat trying to get a huge safe. What ever you get you WILL exceed its capacity before too long. I've seen people do a full shipping container for a safe and just have to purchase another one just to keep up. As the others said, get a decent safe that about doubles what ever your current size needs are, and buy some guns or accessories with the left overs. I currently use a large stand up style safe and a quick-action pistol safe next to the bed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:04:41 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 to Cyclic.

I have a similar arrangement.  A Sentry stand up safe ($500) that holds six long guns and six hand guns with an additional quick access safe near the bed.  I opted for the dial to open the stand up safe since I try to minimize electronic dependency in a SHTF situation.

Keep the quick access safe open at night and when you are in the bedroom.  Mount it so it is out of reach of the kids, lock it when you are out of the house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top