Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/4/2001 6:03:07 PM EST
I am thinking of getting some guns insured. How much are you guys paying on the $1000 for this insurance? BTW, I have State Farm.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 6:12:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 6:15:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2001 6:15:55 PM EST by Texason]
First, talk to you insurance agent. I found there were two choices, each with pros and cons. First, you can just let your basic home-owners (or renters) policy cover the guns, or you can get a Personal Article Floater. The personal article floater allowed for a lower deductible, and replacement for almost anything loss, including stuff like "left it at the range", or "dropped it down a sewer pipe". The P.A.F. however, required full disclosure of all articles in advance, with receipts or appraisals. I don't have receipts for everything in my collection, so this was out of the question for me. Allowing basic home-owners to cover it had the benefit of not requiring full documentation of where the stuff came from and how much it cost. Simple picture record, with serial numbers and descriptions given to the insurance company AFTER THE LOSS is adequate. The drawback for this is that the guns are under a higher deductible than I'd like. I have USAA, YMMV. (Will I ever learn it's better to spell check before submitting than to have to come back and do it later?)
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 6:15:48 PM EST
NRA members have free coverage (forgot how much)It kicks-in after your homeowner insu. reaches the limit. I belive you can get more. Call your agent to get a rider for additional coverage. Most Homeowners only cover $1000 or $2000. Additional coverage is a must, but some companies have a limit of $5000 or $10,000
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:00:31 PM EST
I will look into the NRA route.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:03:39 PM EST
Get a Gun Safe, its the only insurance you will ever need..[:D]
Top Top