BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/10/2005 12:36:18 PM EDT
Cav Arms has left the building!

To our valued customers, friends, and colleagues,

Due to recent policy decisions by AR15.com site staff and moderators, we will no longer be actively participating on the forums.

Those of you who have placed orders for SEBRs, they will be filled as quickly as possible.

If you would like to place an order or have questions regarding the status of your order please call us at 480-833-9685.

The Cavalry Arms Staff members will no longer be posting on AR15.com in an official capacity. For technical questions and support please call or e-mail us.

If you have any questions regarding this decision feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]

Head to the Arizona Hometown Forum for the story!!!  Just looked for the locked threads.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=13
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Bye Bye.

They never really supported my problem with their AR anyway. Granted I didn't pitch a hissy fit.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never owned a CavArms AR, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Hate to see them leave like this.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF Mate?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have never owned a CavArms AR, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Hate to see them leave like this.

+1 its a damn dirty shame of whats going on.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it okay to talk about using Mag Lites for, um, sexual functions?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope flashing red lights and blaring klaxons are going off at ARFCOM headquarters right about now.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#7]
pathetic
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep it's true. Aimless and Beekeeper shit in their messkit. Coulda handled things quietly IF there was any basis for their hissy fit, but instead they decided to show Garyowen who was the "BOSS". Piss poor skills on their part IMHO. Now thw Avila's will have to clean up this mess. Seems like we have to have one of these situations every year or 2. anitussa, donr, arock etc.... I think there needs to be more checks and ballances in the banning process.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Due to recent policy decisions by AR15.com site staff and moderators

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
The SHTF AR15.com meltdown has been in the making for a long time.

When so many valued members are tossed on a whim and the site is run rampant via absentee management through a bunch of volunteer proxy managers, it's destined to go bye bye.

It's been a good run, but unless a real management structure for the site is created and true business leadership is in place, it's eventually going to go the same way as any other hobby site whenever the hobbyist is gone on to other things.

I said this in the Mod forum 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is it okay to talk about using Mag Lites for, um, sexual functions?

Sure, just don't offend, supress, repress, opress anyone at all. Ever. And don't use anywords that may be construed, misconstrued, misunderstood, as non-PC.

But feel free to bash, belittle, denegrate, insult, lessen, disenfrachise, abuse, smear, malaign, offend LEOs left and right. That's perfectlty fine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh yeah... IBTL...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

When so many valued members are tossed on a whim and the site is run rampant via absentee management through a bunch of volunteer proxy managers, it's destined to go bye bye.

It's been a good run, but unless a real management structure for the site is created and true business leadership is in place, it's eventually going to go the same way as any other hobby site whenever the hobbyist is gone on to other things.

I see it worked out well for you and the site.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesus.   Another group rifle purchase going to shit again??
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I be damned
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Cav is the most respected company on this site, this is sad.

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn, that stinks.  Shawn and SinistralRifleman were very valuable contributors to this site.  I hope this gets sorted out.

Seems like a lot of good members are leaving (or getting banned) and we get a slew of new trolls every week that get to stick around.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see it worked out well for you and the site.

Nobody listened.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#21]
This is all Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I just read the threads that were referenced and I did not see any reason for them to be locked or  for GarryOwen to be banned. Shit, they were just talking about what MagLight does the most damage if you needed to use it in self defense. That is a valid topic! Hell, here in Illinois that is the only way I could keep an object on my person and defend myself. This is fucking rediculous!

I guess I put the money that I was going to use for a team membership back in my wallet now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I just read the threads that were referenced and I did not see any reason for them to be locked or  for GarryOwen to be banned. Shit, they were just talking about what MagLight does the most damage if you needed to use it in self defense. That is a valid topic! Hell, here in Illinois that is the only way I could keep an object on my person and defend myself. This is fucking rediculous!

I guess I put the money that I was going to use for a team membership back in my wallet now.

I think there was a bit more to it than tha. There was a phrase "Tonk." that evidently is a racial slur? I've never heard it before, but evidently some people used it in relating hitting people of spanish origin with a mag lite and then the  threads disappeared, and warnings from TBK1 were issued per his side of the story.

I dunno.

It just sucks ass.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#26]
A Salute to CavArms is in order:

Shawn (GarryOwen) and Russell (SinistralRifleMan), respectively. They have been very active community members on these boards, and I hope they will stay here; even if it is in an "unofficial" setting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn, just read the thread.

Was GarryOwen really banned?

If so, shame on you AR-15.com and the Mods/Staff involved.

After ALL that CavArms has done for this damn website?  You can't be serious.

What about all the rifles/parts they have donated to the site and it's members?  What about all the advertising money?  What about all the shared wisdom, expertise and laughs over the years???

Wow.  So many trolls are allowed to run free on this site but it seems like only valuable members ever get the boot.

I guess I don't feel the need to continue to send my money to support this site anymore...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

?!?!?!

GARRY (SHAWN) WAS BANNED?! WTF!? LINK!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry to see them go over such a minor thing.  The rules are the rules though.  If you can't play the game don't come to the park.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Seems like a lot of good members are leaving (or getting banned) and we get a slew of new trolls every week that get to stick around.

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this downward trend...

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Seriously.

If GarryOwen was banned, I'm not contributing another damn dime to this website.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Pathetic.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sorry to see them go over such a minor thing.  The rules are the rules though.  If you can't play the game don't come to the park.

Some of the rules are stupid.

October 2004

Charlie
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I don't say much here but  I think TM has it  right.  I get most of my defensive info here and I think it was a valid discussion.  What if my AR or XD jamed ?  What light would I like to have!  Besides that most of the time I can only carry a light(job) and work in downtown Detroit and surronding areas.  Sometimes at  2 and 3 am.  
Kind of important?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously.

If GarryOwen was banned, I'm not contributing another damn dime to this website.

I agree, I deeply regret having sent in my $100.00 renewal.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously.

I agree, I deeply regret having sent in my $100.00 renewal.

No shit.  I JUST renewed my membership...and the whole time I kept thinking, "Now that I did this, something really bad is going to happen."  Damn.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#37]
WTF  is Tonk?  and what does it have to do with this?  I thought it was a ref. to Batman when he hit someone.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Whiskey
Tango
motherfuckingFoxtrot
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#39]
I too think some of the Mods are on a power trip, I think some of them are closet PC Dem's.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, whatever the hell it is I hope we all get it squared away right the fuck quick. We don't need to be slashing at each other over some of the stupidities I've seen lately.

The troll purge was justified and fine by me, but now it SEEMS the net has been cast a bit too wide. I hope there are some details I'm unaware of that make my point moot, and that we'll be made at least partially aware of them soon.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#42]
I just don't know what to think about all this, but it certainly isn't good.

GBT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Stop the complaining like little girls.  There is nothing holding you to this site.  If it upsets you so dont post and take part in the discussions.  Would you rather have the threads degenerate into BOTD threads and racist crap? There are alternatives like Full-auto or pre-ban, go there.  People own this site and they can run it how they like.  The mods lock the threads and cant ban anyone so stop bitching at them.  I have had disagreements with them as well but so what.  I still enjoy reading and taking part here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow thats pathetic....and I thought this was a progun website....had me fooled.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I too think some of the Mods are on a power trip, I think some of them are closet PC Dem's.

Guys, this is NOT a mod issue, give the AZ mods a break, this is a STAFF issue. Mods can't ban anyone, we don't make ANY rules, we can just lock threads.

Sorry Wolfpack, you are correct Staff issue.  You should read the "I'm sorry, but not really post by Aimless."  I do not even know Aimless, but I have done a ton of business with CavArms and have found them helpful and honest.  If we are kicking people like this off arfcom(and I admit I do not know the whole story) than we are in big trouble.  
Maybe too many Northerners on Staff.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Good thing I saw this before paying for a team membership.  To CavArms:  Thanks for the things you have done in the past, and a great product and receptive product design.....

thanks

PolyTechKID
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I was also going to buy a membership.

It's been... Uhhh... Fun. Later Guys!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Awesome.. nothing like members of an already segmented community eating their own young at the whim of some overgrown hall monitors.

I'd really like to see a response by someone with the last name Avila about this matter. Arfcom has been good to me, but if we're going to go around pooching industry members, my little bronze star goes bye bye,
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#50]
This is just nuts...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top