Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
surely there are some details AWOL.we should get all the facts before popping off too much.the bottom line is that all this needs to be corrected.my gut feeling is that there have been mistakes on both sides.cool off a day or two and reinstate .
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]

A Salute to CavArms is in order:

Ill salute them.  Their colored furniture is top notch.

Hate to see them go.....thanks alot mods.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
surely there are some details AWOL.we should get all the facts before popping off too much.the bottom line is that all this needs to be corrected.my gut feeling is that there have been mistakes on both sides.cool off a day or two and reinstate .

Finally a voice of reason.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
As has been often discussed here, owners of private businesses (of which this site is one) can make up any rules they wish as long as they don't violate the law.  It's up to the consumer to vote with their wallet if they so approve or dissaprove of those rules and actions.

My Team Membership expires in a month and after reading all the threads I'm seriously thinking about not renewing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
this is really gay.  Have a look at the locked topics....have the Mods gone liberal ar what?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
and since when is t*** a racial slang?
I've heard plenty of racist words in my short life, but never t***
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]

this is really gay. Have a look at the locked topics....have the Mods gone liberal ar what?

I would think so.  Lately alot of things have been banned, and alot of stuff locked.

Maybe DU has finally hacked into something.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#9]
With the Kerry crew out of work, they musy have infiltrated the Ar15.com staff ranks with all the BS goin n here latley.

ETA: hmm maybe we merged with Ebay? Relocated to Cali?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I agree, I deeply regret having sent in my $100.00 renewal.

No shit.  I JUST renewed my membership...and the whole time I kept thinking, "Now that I did this, something really bad is going to happen."  Damn.

Same here.  This place sure is changing.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Sounds like a good theory.  Theyll probably ban talk about the 50. BMG soon too, conform with Cali law.  I can aslo see the EE getting banned too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I've never heard the word tonk used as a racial slur.  I have, however, read the books referenced in one of the posts.  Excellent books by the way.

This whole thing strikes me as ridiculous.  Seems like some have gotten away with much more without being banned.  Maybe there's some history here that we (I) don't know about.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#13]

I've never heard the word tonk used as a racial slur.

What, me neither!  So I guess we cant say "honky tonk"....which means alot of country songs are banned on this site......weird.[%
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Wait, let me get this straight, one Industry Partner is running around providing lousy customer service and/or possibly taking folks for a ride and one Industry Partner is getting banned because of a use of a word that maybe offensive depending on what part of America you hail from.

But house rules are house rules I guess.  But
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Personal opinion with no checks is not a good thing for a mod.  I had been on the wrong end of an over-zealous mod and it was just plain stupid.  My renewal is due this month and I am having a hard time convincing myself to do it.  There are lots of good folks here, to be sure, but that left a bitter taste in my mouth and the PC-crazy atmosphere is getting out of control.  It's getting to be along the lines of saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".  Or not having Halloween for fear of offending the witches.  It's like enough is never enough.  It must be a drug or something.  I am not racist but if someone else is, it just makes me think they are dumb or misinformed or whatever.  I would rather have them speak freely so that I may judge them on their own merits.  

To hear he is banned is a shock and disappointing.  Even if he left without being banned it's a real shame and it should have been taken care of without it coming to that.  

I am offended by all this PC crap.  Can you fix THAT for me?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#16]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just read the threads that were referenced and I did not see any reason for them to be locked or  for GarryOwen to be banned. Shit, they were just talking about what MagLight does the most damage if you needed to use it in self defense. That is a valid topic! Hell, here in Illinois that is the only way I could keep an object on my person and defend myself. This is fucking rediculous!

I guess I put the money that I was going to use for a team membership back in my wallet now.

?!?!?!

GARRY (SHAWN) WAS BANNED?! WTF!? LINK!

Yes Garryowen was BANNED for defending another members post about using maglights as a less lethal weapon. NEITHER of the threads used the "T" word nor did they violate the CoC.. Please visit the AZ forum or the Cav Arms forum for more info on this one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
With the Kerry crew out of work, they musy have infiltrated the Ar15.com staff ranks with all the BS goin n here latley.

Maybe undercover DU ops did a lot better than just post annoying threads.

Maybe there are sleepers!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe undercover DU ops did a lot better than just post annoying threads.

Maybe there are sleepers!

maybe it goes way up ... the manchurian beekeeper

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Tis a sad day for AR15.com indeed.....................
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#27]
ibtl
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think it's funny that some of you guys who were ready to send money for team memberships have been around here from 2 to 4 years.

"I was going to join but now this happened so forget it!"

Uhh... yeah right.

It is my renewal that I am debating...sorry if that offends you, I know that is dangerous around here
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Okay folks.
1. Shawn's account has been unlocked. It was a misunderstanding on Aimless's part for which he apologized in the AZ forum.
2. Instead of turning GD into a Cavalry Arms, AZ thread fest..could you all just wander over to the AZ forum and read the threads there!
Thanks.

The damage has been done.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Okay folks.
1. Shawn's account has been unlocked. It was a misunderstanding on Aimless's part for which he apologized in the AZ forum.
2. Instead of turning GD into a Cavalry Arms, AZ thread fest..could you all just wander over to the AZ forum and read the threads there!
Thanks.

to save everyone the clicks

www.weaponforums.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=13&t=191404

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#31]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#34]
The only resolution that has been made is that his account was unlocked and he was unbanned. According to his last post in the AZ Nm thread he still has no intention of supporting the sight like he used to, he lost alot of respect for the staff and mods here. Whats been resolved? AR15.com should be kissing his ass instead of trying to cover theres. Hes contributed alot to this site and its members and should be rightfully respected for doing so.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#35]
 AR15.com has always been a great resource. On the same note, it is a privately owned site with a very diverse staff. I've had my complaints before and I kind of miss the Wild West of AR15.com back in 1998.  Miss it a lot actually (sniffle). Some of the best threads happened then because people were using their utmost potentially creatively - which often spiralled into some rather politically incorrect talk. But also some brilliant dialogue.

I come here namely for good information ( as a resource) and good dialogue. I still love the site in many respects - and cannot for the life of me think of an equal alternative. But the political correctness in different areas has made a lot of people leave.  People can and do "cross the line". The question is - where does that line start???? Some things you just don't do - everything else is subject to individual morals and beliefs.

As a fairly outspoken Libertarian at times, I've donned a muzzle to avoid getting stabbed in the back multiple times by a few members. But that's another issue. ...........

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
This site is still one of the best Firearm site of the net (and the #1 AR15 site in the world) and is well worth the $20 a year (the e-mail service alone is worth that)....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=61&t=145856&page=1

$20.00, how did they get $60.00 out of me????

LOL

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
... I have every intention of supporting this site to the best of my ability and I would go into harms way for the Avila's.

AR15.COM has had a HUGE positive impact on both my profesional life as well as my personal life! I think I just need some time away for bit I think.

Very classy & very well-said, IMHO.  Makes me proud to own so many of your fine products and glad about every time I took the time to recommend/discuss/defend your products here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Okay folks.
Thanks.

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I don't need or want my ass kissed. I'm not thrilled with how Aimless handled this (but he's not my Monkey). I have every intention of supporting this site to the best of my ability and I would go into harms way for the Avila's.

AR15.COM has had a HUGE posative impact on both my profesional life as well as my personal life! I think I just need some time away for bit I think.

Well, welcome back, and don't stay away too long!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I don't need or want my ass kissed. I'm not thrilled with how Aimless handled this (but he's not my Monkey). I have every intention of supporting this site to the best of my ability and I would go into harms way for the Avila's.

AR15.COM has had a HUGE posative impact on both my profesional life as well as my personal life! I think I just need some time away for bit I think.

You sir are a hell of a guy!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Okay folks.
Thanks.

Too late, I think.  Thats like trying to take back a grenade after the pin has been pulled, and its on the way...

I just wasted my $ on a membership...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I don't need or want my ass kissed.

Well shit! That's not what you said when I was trying to get SHOT show tickets from you.......
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes, AR15.com is a good site. The Avila's are good people. Much busier with other things now and can't really give the mindshare to the site like they did before, but they are great folks nonetheless.

I question a few of the other mercenaries floating around though.

I've sat back and made silent note over the past couple of months about how many Team members are on the fence about renewing. A big number actually.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#46]
To those that see the damage control as a positive thing, just imagine your neighbor beats the shit out of his wife on your front lawn, with a hammer that you loaned him. Then, when your anger is at its zenith, the wife comes over and says "It's ok, we made up".

Even if both parties in this mess are on good terms again, it doesn't negate or erase the offense, which is something everyone on this site has seen escalating.

Ebay's listing policies are more sane than a pro-gun website that intends to stamp out political incorrectness amongst its posters.

I just paid my $20, and I regret it already.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I renewed ($60, not $20, thank you).  Garry Owen is a class act.  Period.  I have bought gear from him that he freakin' MADE, not just bought wholesale and then dished out retail.  He also dealt with my dumb ass questions, etc.  

If I had to throw either him or TBK1 out of a lifeboat ... well, we'd be paddling with yellow polymer paddles!

But it is not my choice to make.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't need or want my ass kissed.

Well shit! That's not what you said when I was trying to get SHOT show tickets from you.......

But you got a WAY pretty mouth...

I bet you say that to all the fella's.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#49]
And regardless of all this business that seems to have worked itself out.  The nonteam members will still be nonteam meambers.  "Well after 4 years of being here I was considering joining until you offended me."  RIGHT.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Moved Aimless psuedo quick on the trigger apology over here.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Well I guess that I was " so fucking retarded" since I took his thread title as some bizarre misspelling of TONK instead of reading it as he intended. Maybe this is a sign that I've lost the patience to deal with (at least it appears to me) constant bickering over issues like this, or perhaps I never had it. So for that I certainly owe Shawn an apology.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top