Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#1]
in before the crash
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]

"I really feel like there's really a lot of good work to do. We've really grown up together."
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Her showing skin would be the only thing she could do to get me interested.  She sucks at driving a race car and is a huge bitch.  She might as well be a Bush brother.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#4]
They weren't getting enough "bang" for their buck
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Nah, she be gettin old.

Need new spokes-snack to keep interest.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd let her smash me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#7]
There was never "more at godaddy.com" It was all a lie.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Her showing skin would be the only thing she could do to get me interested.  She sucks at driving a race car and is a huge bitch.  She might as well be a Bush brother.

View Quote

I'd bet she shaves her bush.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sure Blake is sick of paying for cars that Danica puts into the wall.

Disclaimer:

The views expressed are solely my own and do not represent my employer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bush or Busch?

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#12]
ARFCOM's wish for her in pron might just come true....

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#14]
They've been telegraphing that move for a while.  Lot of other companies getting cold feet on NASCAR sponsorships as well.  Attendance at races is down.  It will be interesting to see where her career goes.  Anymore its not so much driving ability but your sponsorship package that gets you a ride.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They've been telegraphing that move for a while.  Lot of other companies getting cold feet on NASCAR sponsorships as well.  Attendance at races is down.  It will be interesting to see where her career goes.  Anymore its not so much driving ability but your sponsorship package that gets you a ride.
View Quote

She'll get another sponsor.  To sponsors, winning is secondary to advertising...that is why they are there.  If you get more exposure from a famous driver than an occasional winner, you sponsor the famous driver.  She still gets a lot more exposure...a lot more...than most of the other drivers, so if the dead last driver gets a sponsor, she'll get a sponsor.  Period.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

At one time, NASCAR fans were very loyal to companies that sponsored cars.  I used to be a big fan, but NASCAR appears to be the typical family business that the idiot grandson is now in the process of running into the ground.  For years, they've made changes to it that fans didn't want while ignoring what they did want.  Attendance and TV viewership is down and they still are blaming the economy.  They alienated their loyal southern fans at the expense of going after northern and western fans.  A few years ago, they were pushing hard trying to get minority fans.  It was almost funny watching that train wreck.  
At this point, I'm not sure they can turn it around, but getting back to basics would be a start.  Get rid of the circus atmosphere, concerts and firework shows at every race, get rid of the silly commentators like Darryl Waltrip, go back to racing stock cars instead of what they're racing now, and lose the upper management that is incompetently running it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except for the fact they win....a lot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Her new sponsor:

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

At one time, NASCAR fans were very loyal to companies that sponsored cars.  I used to be a big fan, but NASCAR appears to be the typical family business that the idiot grandson is now in the process of running into the ground.  For years, they've made changes to it that fans didn't want while ignoring what they did want.  Attendance and TV viewership is down and they still are blaming the economy.  They alienated their loyal southern fans at the expense of going after northern and western fans.  A few years ago, they were pushing hard trying to get minority fans.  It was almost funny watching that train wreck.  
At this point, I'm not sure they can turn it around, but getting back to basics would be a start.  Get rid of the circus atmosphere, concerts and firework shows at every race, get rid of the silly commentators like Darryl Waltrip, go back to racing stock cars instead of what they're racing now, and lose the upper management that is incompetently running it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So....same trajectory as Colt, except they are falling from a greater height.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

She'll get another sponsor.  To sponsors, winning is secondary to advertising...that is why they are there.  If you get more exposure from a famous driver than an occasional winner, you sponsor the famous driver.  She still gets a lot more exposure...a lot more...than most of the other drivers, so if the dead last driver gets a sponsor, she'll get a sponsor.  Period.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect you're right.  She's a decent enough driver, pretty consistent middle of the pack.  Seems to do a very good job with commercials and such.  She does attract attention.  Doesn't change the fact that sponsorship money in general is getting harder to come by.  I think a lot of companies are looking at the cost/benefit ratio and don't like what they see.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#21]
She is part of the reason I stopped watching NASCAR. The other little girl before her, Jeff Gordon, was barely tolerable.
Things just went away when Rusty, M. Martin, T Labonte, B Labonte, and the others were being "left out" of the game and NASCARS rules went to crap.
The CAR OF TOMORROW was another thing wrong.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
She is part of the reason I stopped watching NASCAR. The other little girl before her, Jeff Gordon, was barely tolerable.
Things just went away when Rusty, M. Martin, T Labonte, B Labonte, and the others were being "left out" of the game and NASCARS rules went to crap.
View Quote

Jeff Gordon isn't the only one.  Stewart acts like a five year old if he gets wrecked, but everyone he wrecks is supposed to take it and go on.  The Bush brothers and some of these other girly looking kids that might weigh a hundred pounds soaking wet don't help this sport either.  At one time, the drivers were helping the mechanics get the car ready before the race and the sport lost something when that stopped.  Can't get in the way of progress, I guess....
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I suspect you're right.  She's a decent enough driver, pretty consistent middle of the pack.  Seems to do a very good job with commercials and such.  She does attract attention.  Doesn't change the fact that sponsorship money in general is getting harder to come by.  I think a lot of companies are looking at the cost/benefit ratio and don't like what they see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely companies are not liking the current bang for the buck.  But a lot of it depends on the company and their product, and how that product appeals to the NASCAR viewing demographic.  GoDaddy was always a weird sponsor to me.  They benefit if the sport is growing and expanding to non-traditional viewers, but the second that stops, GoDaddy really does need to pull chocks.  I mean, honestly, how many rednecks find themselves in need of a cheap domain name?  

Beer sponsors, etc. will always need to sponsor in NASCAR.  Lots of businesses will be happy to cram cash into that meat grinder even if it is shrinking because that audience is one they desperately need, or at least will make them a buck.  Danica and other drivers will still find sponsors, but some sponsors are gonna wave goodbye because they were only there to surf the expansion wave anyways.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#24]
NASCAR has improved a lot the last few years.  Danica is a top marketing draw and will get sponsors.  Go daddy has been shifting marketing gears under the new CEO and this is not a surprise.

Besides, she looks better in blue.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Mark my words, her out at SHR and Boyer and 5 hour energy will be there next year
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mark my words, her out at SHR and Boyer and 5 hour energy will be there next year
View Quote

Marked, and not going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#27]
We've seen a lot of sponsor's leave the past few years in NASCAR.

Attendance is down because the product they are putting out is getting worse.

They ask expensive prices for a lot of the tickets, same price for adults and kids, and they usually raise them every year. If your attendance is down you should lower the price so you can fill your stands. They would rather have empty stands. Plus you have to pay a lot for any concessions. $10 burger and $7 bottles of water; fuck off!

We don't need to review how bad NASCAR is on TV with more commercials than race time and some terrible announcing for the most part.

The biggest downfall has been the "Chase" B.S. The best driver overall during the year doesn't usually win now and with last year's elimination races during the Chase the winner is just who got luckier than the other Chase drivers the last few races.

I was a big supporter for a long time but now I only watch some of my favorite tracks (short and road course mainly) and that's it. I haven't attended a race in years. I miss it but the value isn't there for me to attend.

Someday there will be a woman or minority driver who will sweep in and be able to show they are the real deal and deserve a great sponsorship; but it isn't anyone in the current top series.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#28]
They need to return to the old rules, reopen Darlington and North Wilkesboro, and let them race. I watched the race at RIR last weekend for the first time in a few years and even though thats always been one of my favorite tracks to watch a race at, it still sucked.

Quit talking about Danica, she sucks. Talk about the drivers who are getting shit done.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We've seen a lot of sponsor's leave the past few years in NASCAR.

Attendance is down because the product they are putting out is getting worse.
View Quote

Perhaps, but I also think attendence was inflated because for a temporary time NASCAR was simply "hot."  Alot of the new fans they attracted were never destined to stick with it.  I'm of the opinion a good portion of the new attendees were there specifically for the circus atmosphere, because it was the hot ticket, because it was the new thing to do.  Not because they suddenly became motorheads and took a genuine interest in racing.  Once that new shine wore off, they left, and you're getting back to your core fans again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I can't really comment, but this is GD, so I'll do it anyway.  I quit watching NASCAR when they changed the S to Spec cars instead of Stock cars.  The Chase nonsense did not help either.  I grew up watching or listening on the radio (AM) to King Richard and that French driver Pierre Debrie.  He seemed to always have problems on the third turn.  They would have to yellow flag the race until they got Pierre off the track.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Fuck that mean spirited bitch.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They need to return to the old rules, reopen Darlington and North Wilkesboro, and let them race. I watched the race at RIR last weekend for the first time in a few years and even though thats always been one of my favorite tracks to watch a race at, it still sucked.

Quit talking about Danica, she sucks. Talk about the drivers who are getting shit done.
View Quote

They still race at Darlington every year.  That track was my first Winston cup race, also it is mainly DW and fox with the constant Danica chatter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Darlington has never closed.  Wilkesboro is a cool track but would need millions in renovations since the last super latemodel race I went to in 2011 showed.  Iowa needs a cup date bad as short track racing produces some of the best races.  Need to have the cars lightened up as well so they can go to a softer tire that degrades and you'd have more racing, strategy, etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Flashlight should be the new sponsor
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Drive fast! Turn left!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Call me when the NASCAR cartel runs real "Stock" cars again.

You know, like something you can really buy on the showroom floor, like it used to.

Not half million dollar race cars that only have a Chevy or Ford logo in common with what's being produced at the factory, but are called "Stock Cars" anyway.

THIS is a "stock" car.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ummm last i checked, Darlington is still on the schedule.  North Wilkesboro would take more money invested to bring it back than anyone would ever willingly spend on it.   It got cut for a reason.  The facility wasn't up to par and they weren't willing to invest the money to get it there.

I understand what NASCAR is trying to do, i just don't think it's having much affect.  The last race, while exciting to watch when Harvick won, completely invalidates consistency, even within the chase itself.

And could we please, for the love of god, add another road race.  Circuit of the Americas anyone?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So

Kotex then?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#41]
My brother-in-law used to sponsor Nascars in the Nationwide series for his business.  He couldn't afford to sponsor winning drivers (usually just start n' parks) so he always hoped his drivers would crash.  He'd get more air time on the crash replays.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Our Remington rep. said that they paid around $4,000,000 (it might have been $7,000,000) to paint Rick Mast's car green and write Remington on the hood in 1997. I can't imagine it costs less now. They decided it wasn't worth it.

If a gun company thinks NASCAR wasn't worth the money, I can't imagine that GoDaddy could justify it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You know, like something you can really buy on the showroom floor, like it used to.

Not half million dollar race cars that only have a Chevy or Ford logo in common with what's being produced at the factory, but are called "Stock Cars" anyway.

THIS is a "stock" car.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qbbvac.jpg
View Quote

This!!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
in before the crash
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS is a "stock" car.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qbbvac.jpg

This!!!

Be careful what you wish for, they won races by laps not seconds in that era.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Time for Dogecoin to step in
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Jeff Gordon isn't the only one.  Stewart acts like a five year old if he gets wrecked, but everyone he wrecks is supposed to take it and go on.  The Bush brothers and some of these other girly looking kids that might weigh a hundred pounds soaking wet don't help this sport either.  At one time, the drivers were helping the mechanics get the car ready before the race and the sport lost something when that stopped.  Can't get in the way of progress, I guess....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember a race not too long ago (but back when the cars were still different) when the "celebrity" driver quit mid-race, sure as shit one of the mechanics donned a helmet and melted the tires off that car. I don't remember if he won but it sure made for a good cinderella story.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#48]
"Hi Danica, have a seat over here and lets discuss your future."

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#49]
NASCAR lost me when they became overly vocal about their diversity program.

If they were not just paying lip service to DIVERSITY, they would have more than Token Danica Patrick and Token Darrel Wallace Jr.

I am all too happy to assist NASCAR in their effort to divest their fans of white males.  That is what they have asked for, that is what they shall get.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#50]
She should get a car insurance sponsor for how much she crashes!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top