Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Page TWO bitches!

Edit for spelling. Fucking fail!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure they got some mutual benefit from their relationship.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If you guys really want to see the body of a 14 year old boy, you should join the clergy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our Remington rep. said that they paid around $4,000,000 (it might have been $7,000,000) to paint Rick Mast's car green and write Remington on the hood in 1997. I can't imagine it costs less now. They decided it wasn't worth it.

If a gun company thinks NASCAR wasn't worth the money, I can't imagine that GoDaddy could justify it.
View Quote

Considering what GoDaddy sells I'm not sure NASCAR was a good fit for them anyway.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe if she didn't look like Skrillex...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#8]
PSP's next racing endeavor  

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Danica Patrick may be a shitty driver at the Nascar level but she's still a better driver than 99.9% of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Todays NASCAR and a Sunday afternoon nap go together like peas and carrots.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Be careful what you wish for, they won races by laps not seconds in that era.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call me when the NASCAR cartel runs real "Stock" cars again.

You know, like something you can really buy on the showroom floor, like it used to.

Not half million dollar race cars that only have a Chevy or Ford logo in common with what's being produced at the factory, but are called "Stock Cars" anyway.

THIS is a "stock" car.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qbbvac.jpg

This!!!

Be careful what you wish for, they won races by laps not seconds in that era.

As it should be!

Maybe we'd see more independents racing instead of big corporate advertising dollars.

Imo, NASCAR has become the NFL of the motorsport world.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Nascar is failing to put asses in seats and viewers on TV. The cars suck to look at , The big retarded fin on top of the rear window looks retarded . The fact that all brands run the same sheet metal with a decal package . There is little brand definition .  The great idea that we needed a bunch of generic mile and a half racetracks in new markets was retarded . Atlanta is the #7 TV market in the country and the took away a race and gave the remaining race a shit date . Atlanta Motor speedway does a 4 payment plan for tickets . I am thinking that is a sign prices are too high for what is a sporting event .
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Danica Patrick may be a shitty driver at the Nascar level but she's still a better driver than 99.9% of Arfcom.
View Quote

That might not be saying much.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Screw that, I can crash just as good as she can...maybe even betta!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Call me when the NASCAR cartel runs real "Stock" cars again.

You know, like something you can really buy on the showroom floor, like it used to.

Not half million dollar race cars that only have a Chevy or Ford logo in common with what's being produced at the factory, but are called "Stock Cars" anyway.

THIS is a "stock" car.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qbbvac.jpg
View Quote

Petty never gets old.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

At one time, NASCAR fans were very loyal to companies that sponsored cars.  I used to be a big fan, but NASCAR appears to be the typical family business that the idiot grandson is now in the process of running into the ground.  For years, they've made changes to it that fans didn't want while ignoring what they did want.  Attendance and TV viewership is down and they still are blaming the economy.  They alienated their loyal southern fans at the expense of going after northern and western fans.  A few years ago, they were pushing hard trying to get minority fans.  It was almost funny watching that train wreck.  
At this point, I'm not sure they can turn it around, but getting back to basics would be a start.  Get rid of the circus atmosphere, concerts and firework shows at every race, get rid of the silly commentators like Darryl Waltrip, go back to racing stock cars instead of what they're racing now, and lose the upper management that is incompetently running it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They've been telegraphing that move for a while.  Lot of other companies getting cold feet on NASCAR sponsorships as well.  Attendance at races is down.  It will be interesting to see where her career goes.  Anymore its not so much driving ability but your sponsorship package that gets you a ride.

At one time, NASCAR fans were very loyal to companies that sponsored cars.  I used to be a big fan, but NASCAR appears to be the typical family business that the idiot grandson is now in the process of running into the ground.  For years, they've made changes to it that fans didn't want while ignoring what they did want.  Attendance and TV viewership is down and they still are blaming the economy.  They alienated their loyal southern fans at the expense of going after northern and western fans.  A few years ago, they were pushing hard trying to get minority fans.  It was almost funny watching that train wreck.  
At this point, I'm not sure they can turn it around, but getting back to basics would be a start.  Get rid of the circus atmosphere, concerts and firework shows at every race, get rid of the silly commentators like Darryl Waltrip, go back to racing stock cars instead of what they're racing now, and lose the upper management that is incompetently running it.

US motorsports in general are in a tailspin.

I used to be a huge NASCAR, IMSA/SCCA, NHRA and Indycar fan.

Cannot be bothered with any of them anymore and from what I have seen, many people are tuning out along with me. About the only thing I still watch is the Indy 500.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#17]
That's a shame.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cannot be bothered with any of them anymore and from what I have seen, many people are tuning out along with me. About the only thing I still watch is the Indy 500.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They've been telegraphing that move for a while.  Lot of other companies getting cold feet on NASCAR sponsorships as well.  Attendance at races is down.  It will be interesting to see where her career goes.  Anymore its not so much driving ability but your sponsorship package that gets you a ride.

Sadly, F1 is finding the same fate globally.  I think the only motorsports recently that has been getting a lot more viewership is global rallycross racing.  Just curious, but what would keep you entertained? shorter races? more side by side racing? less phantom debris cautions? Just asking as it seems like a lot of millennial's have such a short attention span, they'd just watch 20-40 laps and lose interest.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#19]

I never understood GoDaddy's sponsorship anyway.  The NASCAR crowd doesn't seem to be their market.  On the other hand when I went by her souviner trailer at Daytona in February they were selling the hell out of GoDaddy shit so they get a bunch of other advertising.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#20]
She looks a lot like India Summer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
arfcom will sponsor her, we're good for about one tire and maybe enough racing gas to go around once or twice
View Quote

Only if she posts in BOTD.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I would want a 'few' wins, If I paid 18 Million Dollars per Year to sponsor her.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#23]
She will get a sponsor she isn't going any where. The way Tony Stewart has been running he should talk to Bass Pro about switching cars to sponsor Danica.  She has done nothing but improve this year, yeah the last race wasn't the greatest. If the chase started now she would be in it. If that spoiled brat, nondriving, cock suking fag, rump ranger Dilon can get sponsors, they should be beating a path to SHR marketing dept., like right fuking now. It's funny %87 of arf would hit the poacher hunter, but not Danica.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
PSP's next racing endeavor  

https://youtu.be/Q-2KINLKL5E
View Quote

Redneck's Having Fun!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sadly, F1 is finding the same fate globally.  I think the only motorsports recently that has been getting a lot more viewership is global rallycross racing.  Just curious, but what would keep you entertained? shorter races? more side by side racing? less phantom debris cautions? Just asking as it seems like a lot of millennial's have such a short attention span, they'd just watch 20-40 laps and lose interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still like to watch Moto GP 500cc class when I can, sometimes the 250cc too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#26]
mediocre driver, total cunt and only marginally hot. meh....
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally for me I would like to see fewer rules and more innovation.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#28]
It's not their market.  Sponsors leave all the time and new ones come in.  They were betting on Danica being more popular, but that didn't happen.  Mt Dew gave up a huge part of the races on the sport's "most popular driver" last year and Nationwide took over.  But there was not thread on that.  

But here you guys are, talking about Danica even though most of you hate her.  But...  you're talking about her.  That's the point.  Sponsors will jump at the chance to be on her car.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"Hi Danica, have a seat over here and lets discuss your future."

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1385/94/1385948633872.png
View Quote

Lol.  I would destroy her.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's not their market.  Sponsors leave all the time and new ones come in.  They were betting on Danica being more popular, but that didn't happen.  Mt Dew gave up a huge part of the races on the sport's "most popular driver" last year and Nationwide took over.  But there was not thread on that.  

But here you guys are, talking about Danica even though most of you hate her.  But...  you're talking about her.  That's the point.  Sponsors will jump at the chance to be on her car.  
View Quote

Last I recall from the employee meetings, the demographic they're going after now is primarily female, mid-20s to 40s, interested in starting her own business.  They've also done a lot of rebranding to be seen as more LBGT friendly and upped the charity participation to appeal to that market.  Danica was a byproduct of the old Candace Michelle/Sports 'n Boobs mindset that has all pretty much left the company.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I never understood GoDaddy's sponsorship anyway.  The NASCAR crowd doesn't seem to be their market.  On the other hand when I went by her souviner trailer at Daytona in February they were selling the hell out of GoDaddy shit so they get a bunch of other advertising.
View Quote

I see everyone saying this, but what exactly do people think GoDaddy is looking for?

They want small business's to create websites. I know everyone sneers at race fans and thinks they are beer swilling inbred hicks clinging to guns and religion, but in actuality they are more likely than the national average to be small business owners. NASCAR and Indycar are both good fits for GoDaddy, but with as stale as both series have become they are not bringing in new fans, GoDaddy has reached about everyone they can with those two series. It's time for them to spend that money elsewhere, they want to expand in Asia a primary sponsorship in Sprint Cup just isn't a great fit for them right now.

I've got a feeling they will be sponsoring a pair of Haas cars next year, just not as primary sponsors.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#32]
The only racing I watch is the odd sports car racing I can get (Speed World Challenge). I haven't seen it on recently, but when it was on lunchtime every Sunday my ass was on the couch with a beer and a sandwiche watching the regular sports sedans then watching the sports cars come on the next hour.

50 minute races, road course, production cars I can buy in the show room modified for racing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you guys really want to see the body of a 14 year old boy, you should join the clergy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I see everyone saying this, but what exactly do people think GoDaddy is looking for?

They want small business's to create websites. I know everyone sneers at race fans and thinks they are beer swilling inbred hicks clinging to guns and religion, but in actuality they are more likely than the national average to be small business owners. NASCAR and Indycar are both good fits for GoDaddy, but with as stale as both series have become they are not bringing in new fans, GoDaddy has reached about everyone they can with those two series. It's time for them to spend that money elsewhere, they want to expand in Asia a primary sponsorship in Sprint Cup just isn't a great fit for them right now.

I've got a feeling they will be sponsoring a pair of Haas cars next year, just not as primary sponsors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, NASCAR has a very broad fan base.  I have been to Daytona three times with my little camper and always spring for the "Geico Premium" infield spots (grass, electric, water, cable etc).  Our camper is out of place with the others as most are some serious RVs, most costing well into the half million dollar range.  Those fans also have skybox seats and drivers for their RVs (who drive to the track, park, set up and go to a hotel for the week).  Those people are not the target for Go Daddy.  

If you walk down the road, you find the people in tents who are making this their family vacation.  They are also (yes, I know I'm stereotyping here) not the target for Go Daddy.  

I've been to Daytona, Darlington and Bristol and the middle ground is in the stands which are the people that come for the day to watch the race.  The stands are empty most of the time.  

There are a bunch of companies which have a market that covers a broad spectrum and that's why it works for them.  Go Daddy doesn't have a market in NASCAR.  It has nothing to do with Danica.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GoDaddy does not have the money to be an associate sponsor on a F-1 team. They have not turned a profit in the last 4 or 5 years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Nascar is failing to put asses in seats and viewers on TV. The cars suck to look at , The big retarded fin on top of the rear window looks retarded . The fact that all brands run the same sheet metal with a decal package . There is little brand definition .  The great idea that we needed a bunch of generic mile and a half racetracks in new markets was retarded . Atlanta is the #7 TV market in the country and the took away a race and gave the remaining race a shit date . Atlanta Motor speedway does a 4 payment plan for tickets . I am thinking that is a sign prices are too high for what is a sporting event .
View Quote
LOL some of the sheet metal/carbon is shared.  each manufacturer was allowed to shape certain parts of the car how they wanted.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I know many have told me it's not plausible but it will never appeal to me unless I can buy something similar from the dealership. Same reason I never liked the high level drag cars
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'd bet she shaves her bush.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her showing skin would be the only thing she could do to get me interested.  She sucks at driving a race car and is a huge bitch.  She might as well be a Bush brother.

I'd bet she shaves her bush.

Kurt or Kyle?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Her showing skin would be the only thing she could do to get me interested.  She sucks at driving a race car and is a huge bitch.  She might as well be a Bush brother.

View Quote

Yep.

We ran into her at the barber motorsports track a few years back and she was a fairly unpleasant person, in front of quite a few people.

I guess fan perception isn't a big priority for her.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
in before the crash
View Quote

Too late
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#42]
I hate to say "I told you so"...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
NASCAR has improved a lot the last few years.  Danica is a top marketing draw and will get sponsors.  Go daddy has been shifting marketing gears under the new CEO and this is not a surprise.

Besides, she looks better in blue.

View Quote

I knew her sponsorship was going to be in trouble when GoDaddy folded on their SuperBowl ad and replaced it with a bland, tofu-laden pajama boy narrated ad.
Superbowl GoDaddy Girls will be a thing of the past just like Gillette, Hav-A-Tampa cigars, Serta mattress ads  (the Joey Heatherton ones) , now that the flannelled vagina crowd is in control
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

She looks a lot like India Summer.
View Quote

Yeah she does.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck Godaddy and their useless services, and fuck that stuck up, no-talent broad too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#46]
To be successful in Nascar you either need skill or personality.

Unfortunately....
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Darlington has never closed.  Wilkesboro is a cool track but would need millions in renovations since the last super latemodel race I went to in 2011 showed.  Iowa needs a cup date bad as short track racing produces some of the best races.  Need to have the cars lightened up as well so they can go to a softer tire that degrades and you'd have more racing, strategy, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They need to return to the old rules, reopen Darlington and North Wilkesboro, and let them race. I watched the race at RIR last weekend for the first time in a few years and even though thats always been one of my favorite tracks to watch a race at, it still sucked.

Quit talking about Danica, she sucks. Talk about the drivers who are getting shit done.

Darlington has never closed.  Wilkesboro is a cool track but would need millions in renovations since the last super latemodel race I went to in 2011 showed.  Iowa needs a cup date bad as short track racing produces some of the best races.  Need to have the cars lightened up as well so they can go to a softer tire that degrades and you'd have more racing, strategy, etc.

I'm nostalgic for Rockingham, Kyle Petty and Mello Yello.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fuck Godaddy and their useless services, and fuck that stuck up, no-talent broad too.
View Quote

Show us on the doll where go-daddy and Danica touched you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

That plus Go Daddy went IPO. Now they have to explain how they spend all this money on crazy ads, yet don't really make any money.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They need to return to the old rules, reopen Darlington and North Wilkesboro, and let them race. I watched the race at RIR last weekend for the first time in a few years and even though thats always been one of my favorite tracks to watch a race at, it still sucked.

Quit talking about Danica, she sucks. Talk about the drivers who are getting shit done.
View Quote

You forgot Rockingham.

Don't let it happen again.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top