Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 4:30:49 PM EDT
My girlfriend just gave me a new glock e tool and i was wondering if any one had an opinion of them.  This thing feels very sturdy.

Any one else get anything good for sweetes day?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
For what day?

I been looking at those tools, try it out?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people say the Glock shovel is too wobbly and loose. I like it because it is light, and when you humping a lot of pounds, it's going to make a difference.
You lucky stiff, I wish my wife would give one of those for my BD. All I get now is a peck on the cheek.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not actually used it yet but it looks very solid. There is no wobbly or looseness to it. But i will let you know if i break it
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
nice gift on your g/fs part. I'll stick with my issued e-tool... Glock has a saw but you can't use theirs for a toilet.

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
pic?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My girlfriend just gave me a new glock e tool and i was wondering if any one had an opinion of them.  This thing feels very sturdy.

Any one else get anything good for sweetes day?

I have two for back packing and camping and for the extra support you need for the morning business.  Anyway, I won't go anywhere without it now, like an outhouse in your ruck.  Also, they are balanced for thowing, like a Spetsnaz fighting shovel.  Literally, the first time I threw it I nailed a tree at 15 yds, stuck perfectly.  They also have a nice saw, which is very useful.  Definitely worth it if you are concerned about weight and even if you're not.

bd
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
nice gift on your g/fs part. I'll stick with my issued e-tool... Glock has a saw but you can't use theirs for a toilet.

J

Negatory, works fine.  

bd
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#11]
They are awesome and fold flat.  Nice saw and pretty sturdy would make a good club in fight.  Too pretty to dig with though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Negatory, works fine.  

bd

how can you use the glock e-tool for a toilet?   This should be an entertaining  response.

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

... and for the extra support you need for the morning business.  Anyway, I won't go anywhere without it now, like an outhouse in your ruck....

Explain.  I can understand digging a cat hole, but support?????

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#14]
with a usgi e-tool the handle is shaped like a triangle. You jam the shovel end in the ground over your hole. You fold the handle at a 90 degree angle and you sit your ass on hollow spot in the triangle and support yourself with your feet. Since the glock e-tool has no triangle, i don't see how it would work at all unless you jammed the handle up your ass  so you wouldn't need a toilet.

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
with a usgi e-tool the handle is shaped like a triangle. You jam the shovel end in the ground over your hole. You fold the handle at a 90 degree angle and you sit your ass on hollow spot in the triangle and support yourself with your feet. Since the glock e-tool has no triangle, i don't see how it would work at all unless you jammed the handle up your ass  so you wouldn't need a toilet.

J

gotcha.  
might have to try that one of these days.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Negatory, works fine.  

bd

how can you use the glock e-tool for a toilet?   This should be an entertaining  response.

J

Fold the shovel blade in the 90 deg. position and place the flat part of the blade under one hamstring in a squat. Use the shovel handle as a support.  It works quite well actually and it sounds much easier than aiming your ass through the USGI e-tool handle. That sounds, well, like a pain in the ass.

bd

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

J

To think, all these years I've been doing it exactly opposite - handle on the ground and sitting one asscheek on the back of the shovel.  This clearly shows the versatility of the thing.

I figure that's what the Glock guys do - but they likely shove the handle in the ground like a stake.
Top Top