Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2004 7:28:33 AM EDT
Hey all I've decided to get back into paintball and I want to set up a new marker. I was out playing a bit with a couple guys I know who are into PB like most of us are into guns. Had a good time too. Anyway they play a lot of non traditional games mostly senerio type stuff.

Anyway one of the guys has an A5 and it's set up real pimp and it's pretty damn accurate as well(4in groups at 100yards).

So anyway I'm looking to set up a marker and I'm looking for options. What I'm looking to do is set up a marker that will give me accurecy at like 100+yards but will also work real nice up close and personal. So anyone with some ideas I'd love to gear it.

Also we plan on doing a lot of sniping in games so a gun that could be set up with a bipod would be slick if it's possible.
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd suggest an A5 with a flatline barrel and e-grip or response trigger.  I'll mess up the link, but this site has some great info and ideas.  
http://beta.a5ownersgroup.com/forum/index.php?
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
A5s are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Forget the flatline, IMO.  If by chance youhit someone at the extreme range the flatline can produce, the velocity of the paintball is not enough to break it.  I speak from exerience.

I use a Tippmann 98 "Messiah".  It came with a few factory upgrades.  I love it.  It is VERY reliable.  While others are fine tuning their Spyders, or tinkering with their $1000+ markers... I am out in the woods shooting away.

Be sure you get a motorized hopper, carry reloads, a squeeji, and extra air.  There is no bigger rush than being in a bunker and running out of air (which is quite audiable) and hearing "Rush him, he is out of air" while you are screwing in your new tank.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2004 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]
if you are lookin for 100yrds you can just forget it now. ive been paintballin for many years and have been in a few tournys. if you want accuacy, i would recomend a WGP autococker. with no less than 12" barrel, preferably 14". the 16" ers arn't much more accurate and just drop velocity. if you wanna go with rapid fairly accurate fire, i would have to say to go with an Angel....but then your talkin bout $1000+. but even with my KAPP flame autococker with an E trigger frame ....your still not lookin at 100yrd shots with accuracy or even ball breakage for that matter....but you should always use hpa with the topend markers. tipmans and spiders are decent and reliable but i would definatly go with a spyder over a tipman anyday. the flatline barrel system is a waste of money if you want an electronic trigger frame or rappid fire....youl break all your paint before it leaves the barrel. but once you use even just a plain old wgp verticle feed autococker youll never go with another marker like a spyder or tipman...
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Check RAP4.com...

Cool markers...
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I would love to get back into the sport, but it sucks in my area. Everyone thinks they are tournament players and the attitude sucks. You would swear these guys get paid toplay.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey photoman, where are you playing?

I haven't played in 2 years, but I've still got my marker and equipment. I've been trying to get some local guys together, but we don't have anywhere to play.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 3:17:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys if your looking to play, look on A5og.net there are a lot of players on there from all over the US. Not speedball players,  mil simers, you guys would probably fit right in.hey
There are quite a few of us going out this weekend to play, about 20 or so. We are out in Los Angeles area, so I know what your talking about with the speedballers attitudes, it pisses them off whem someone in camo paints em up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#9]
There's definitely a smattering of wisdom in this thread.

Any useful advice I could give has already been said:

-Forget the Flatline: I purchased one and it's more or less exactly as described by the post's author. Instead, take a look at the response trigger as an option to beef up a Tippmann.

-I'd buy either a Tippy 98, if you're pinching pennies, or head to WGP country for some reasonably priced autococker action. But if you're willing to drop some dough for the good stuff, however, Knight makes a fantastic autococker that IMO can stand tall against "Angelic" opposition, and for more than 50% less.

Oh, and forget about playing over 100 yards out. The paintball "sniper" is a romantic fantasy, not the best gun or years of practice could make you efficient at that range.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
My turn-- Been using an A5 for about a year now.  This I know from my own experiences: All I do is play with either Tippman 98 or A5 equipped guys. While it is true that the Flatline can cause barrel breaks, its mostly because of poor paint to barrel matching. The barrel likes a certain type of size and paint shell. For example -- I paly with a guy who ran Diablo formula 13 paint through his flatline A5 all day. Not only did he back me up with 10 to 15 balls per second  - full auto with an E grip, but he broke NO paint -- 1400 rnds. Now he ran out of Diablo and switched to a different brand , I think it was from PMI, and all he did was break every other ball. So the Flatline in full auto does work , it just is a finicky barrel.  But  when you do have it sorted out, you will out range almost every other player on the field. Just know the limitations of the gun,barrel, and paint at the outter limits of distance. You will have a 50 to 75 foot advantage over a non Flatline equipped gun and thats all you need to pick him off.  Flatlines do not like high wind as well. If you "cant" the gun to the left while aiming , you can "hook" the balls around a tree to pick someone off... Seen that happen to myself, can't believe he nailed me like that.  The A5 will have a higher rate of fire over the custom 98, fact.  The A5 needs no electric hopper.  I have as many options available to bolt onto the A5 as I do with my AR15 -- Stocks, forward grips, sights, slings, ect....Diffinately go to that above mentioned site for the A5owners group.  Spend time sifting through  the posts--they are hard core about that marker and honest about its pros and cons.  For the record, I  have two barrels I use. One is a J&J 14" cermamic  coated and a Lapco 12" Bigshot.  I use a 92/4500 psi High pressure air remote system with the Formula 13 paint.  Only 2 balls broke in about 4000 rnds.  Gotta a BSA 30mm red dot sight , and a JCS folding MP style stock. Get the A5 .
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#11]
One more thing about range....Almost every paintball marker out there will give you about 125 to 150 feet max range.  I'm talking level to the ground --Not lobbing. The Flatline ( 98 or A5 ) will give you out to 180 with good ball breaking velocity. The thickness of the paint shell will also play into this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top