Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/14/2009 1:33:49 PM EDT
I have a funny story. Hopefully someone can throw in their two cents and tell me the trend I've been noticing isn't isolated. A friend of mine (who collects guns) had a party. His girlfriend is a drama/theatre typre girl and has lots of gay friends. Half a dozen or so of them were over at this party when for some reason the subject of gun ownership is brought up. Bracing myself for the worst, I thought for sure all these gay guys (who were the emo-looking, decidedly un-Mr. Slave sort) in the middle of what is is a party house full of vocal leftists weren't sympathetic to stereotypically manly pursuits. But one of them asks to see my friends guns. We go to his room and shut the door to muffle the noise downstairs, and these gay guys start rattling off what guns they have at home (including some EBR's). My buddy hands them his AR to look at and they're already familiar with the terminology of "assault weapons" ie charging handle, magazine, flash suppresor. So I was rather perplexed by the guys' opinions on gun and remembered that that was not the first time I've run into some flamboyant guys who liked guns. A friend of the bartender where I used to work was gay, and he had a vast knowledge of guns that surprised me.

So anyway what I'm getting at is do you all think guns are an emerging trend with gays or do I just run into the ones who like shooting?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Armed gays dont get bashed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
all the gays I know are hard left gun haters...maybe you just run into them...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I think there is a good possibility you are gay.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
There are plenty here who like guns. I wouldn't hazard a guess at the overall percentage who are pro-gun, though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Go look up the "Pink Pistols" (I think that's the name of the organization, at least).
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#6]
There are even like three or four Democrats who own guns.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There are even like three or four Democrats who own guns.

I did a google search for Kobra optics yesterday and one of the results (pg 1 I think) was from Democratic Underground.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are plenty here who like guns. I wouldn't hazard a guess at the overall percentage who are pro-gun, though.

This. I think they're probably more pro-gun than the average liberal group, but I really don't know what the overall numbers are.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Different strokes for different folks.  Not every gun owner fits nicely into the right wing stereotype.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
When my friend worked at a large gun shop, he introduced me to a gay guy that frequents the shop. The guy carried a USP45 concealed and even owned an MP5K. He was a pretty good dude, even with the man purse and bright pink shirt
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I have no problem with it.

People can do whatever they want as long as I feel that my cornhole is safe.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Different strokes for different folks.  Not every gun owner fits nicely into the right wing stereotype.

+1 and +1 to pink pistols as well. They are a great organization and I think that the group could be the perfect "in" to get more firearms into the hands of what has historically been a left leaning community. Gay or straight, one more gun owner is one more gun owner. I have gun owning gay friends who are significantly more pro-gun than some of the "conservative" while male fudds that I've met.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Go look up the "Pink Pistols" (I think that's the name of the organization, at least).

Yep. They're big time RKBA advocates.

A man can like men and still support the basic tenets on which our country was founded.

(No, I'm not gay)

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#14]
and this surprises you why???

stereotypes aren't always 100% true yano.  My old roommates boyfriend is a very active Republican and guess what....he's flamingly gay.  Not all gays are Democrats.  LOL and on a funny side note, he doesn't see why all the prissy queens are pushing for gay marriage nor does he see the advantage to it or the point.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
and this surprises you why???

stereotypes aren't always 100% true yano.  My old roommates boyfriend is a very active Republican and guess what....he's flamingly gay.  Not all gays are Democrats.  LOL and on a funny side note, he doesn't see why all the prissy queens are pushing for gay marriage nor does he see the advantage to it or the point.

Because these guys are what you'd call "prissy queens". And they liked guns. That is what surprised me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Good to hear.

At least they seem to take their safety into their own hands instead of the "I would rather die than touch a gun" Martyr attitude.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Theory:

Anti-gunners live in a fantasy world where everyone is their friend and its generally safe and cops will magically prevent anything bad from happening to you.

Queers know that the world is not a safe place and you have to keep your wits about you and defend yourself.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#18]
In before someone says they would rather have gay people unarmed
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a funny story. Hopefully someone can throw in their two cents and tell me the trend I've been noticing isn't isolated. A friend of mine (who collects guns) had a party. His girlfriend is a drama/theatre typre girl and has lots of gay friends. Half a dozen or so of them were over at this party when for some reason the subject of gun ownership is brought up. Bracing myself for the worst, I thought for sure all these gay guys (who were the emo-looking, decidedly un-Mr. Slave sort) in the middle of what is is a party house full of vocal leftists weren't sympathetic to stereotypically manly pursuits. But one of them asks to see my friends guns. We go to his room and shut the door to muffle the noise downstairs, and these gay guys start rattling off what guns they have at home (including some EBR's). My buddy hands them his AR to look at and they're already familiar with the terminology of "assault weapons" ie charging handle, magazine, flash suppresor. So I was rather perplexed by the guys' opinions on gun and remembered that that was not the first time I've run into some flamboyant guys who liked guns. A friend of the bartender where I used to work was gay, and he had a vast knowledge of guns that surprised me.

So anyway what I'm getting at is do you all think guns are an emerging trend with gays or do I just run into the ones who like shooting?

A bit of both.....I have been into firearms since I can remember [about 40 yrs]. Also the LGBT is both understanding that the 2nd amend is their only real defense in life....and shoot is alot of fun as well.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey StonerStudent, what do you think about the book coming out that says Obama killed his gay lover to cover it up?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#21]
There were two lesbians locally who ran a gunshop called Lavender Guns.  They were advocates for CCW and ran handgun safety classes.  Unforunately, the shop only lasted a couple years.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have no problem with it.

People can do whatever they want as long as I feel that my cornhole is safe.

Yep.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Have a close friend who is pretty damn gay, also very liberal, much more so then myself.

At any rate he wants to go shooting with my girlfriend and I at some point, he wants to learn to use a gun and get one to protect himself.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#24]
No reason why there can't be gay gunners.  No reason to piss off a gun owner because of what they do in bed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Have a close friend who is pretty damn gay, also very liberal, much more so then myself.

At any rate he wants to go shooting with my girlfriend and I at some point, he wants to learn to use a gun and get one to protect himself.

so are you liberal or gay?

because if your liberal you need to leave.

and if your gay you need to post pics!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Anna....

Isn't the young lady in your Avatar a lesbian?   (No offense, but I thought that was the reference in the Oleg Volk pic....very attractive young lady––-regardless of your orientation, and {from the Volk Pics...assuming they are true to life} more than capable of protecting herself against any comers...armed or unarmed...)

AFARR

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a friend who is gay.  hardcore gun owner.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Everyone needs guns. It keeps things polite.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hey StonerStudent, what do you think about the book coming out that says Obama killed his gay lover to cover it up?

It's bs.......there is no way the Dem leadership would back Obama for president if they even thought he met be gay. The only big secerts are the one we don't know....both sides know their people and what their hiding.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's bs.......there is no way the Dem leadership would back Obama for president if they even thought he met be gay. The only big secerts are the one we don't know....both sides know their people and what their hiding.

On an unrelated note, what are you doing in Belgique now?  I thought you were Suisse?  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I suppose it's like any group, some like guns, some don't, some probably don't care one way or the other.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

On an unrelated note, what are you doing in Belgique now?  I thought you were Suisse?  

Actually I forgot to change locations....I'm back in Louisville right now. Next week I be in Atlanta, Brussels Frankfurt, Zurich.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
aArmed gays dont get bashed.

+1 Speaking as a homosexual, not those faggots, god hate them flamboyant faggots.
I was able to get away with a lot at school without suffering the gay bashing or even people getting lippy (i am talking about hooking up with a guy in the middle of school which drew HUGE crowds. and no one ever said a word to me about it, course the guy i hooked up with got his ass kicked countless time when i dumped him cause he was a fag.

reason being, i was the psycho with guns. No one messes with the psycho with guns, reguardless of his sexuality.
Sadly though here my kind of gays are far and few between...last date i was about to go on canceled and flipped out when he realised i had guns....sheesh

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#35]
We need the biggest tent we can possibly build to preserve our gun rights.

So yes, I would encourage as many gay and lesbian people as possible to exercise their second amendment rights and join the NRA.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I work with a few butch lesbians..I've managed to give them a case of the EBR disease...I've even taken them to the range a few times..they are all short so I tell my wife I'm training my very own midget lesbian hit squad.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Here's an interview with the Pink Pistols NY organizer. Worth a watch. He knows his shit.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I like mine.

But I almost think I like knives better. They are like sharp jewlry. I ordered another one today.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I work with a few butch lesbians..I've managed to give them a case of the EBR disease...I've even taken them to the range a few times..they are all short so I tell my wife I'm training my very own midget lesbian hit squad.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Once you teach your friend how to shoot, you'll also have created another pro 2nd Amendment type.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#41]
It all depends, gay or straight, on how they vote.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Heck, I work with a guy at my FMS/OMS (Army 30+ level maintenance shop) shop every day who's (As they used to say)..."As queer as a three dollar bill" () but, he's about the biggest gun-nut we have in a shop FULL of gun-nuts!

He reloads, refinishes old guns, owns a shitload of firearms AND (The thing I really hate about him! lol) thinks "barry" is the best thing that ever happened to the country ().

Anyway, dude's a gun-nut to the bone (And my BOSS on the small arms team! lol) so, I "Forgive" him his other failings.......
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I shared a cubicle with a VERY liberal lesbian for almost 2 years.  She was hard-core Democrat and didn't really like Mormons.  Despite our obvious differences we got along really well, partly because we shared a warped sense of humor.  

One day she was telling me about how her neighborhood had some break-ins and it was then she confided in me that she kept a .38 in her nightstand.  I was beyond shocked because I never would have guessed it.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#44]
The guy on Fear Factor that was gay was an excellent shot with the AR15...

He was like the only one that completed the challenge.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We need the biggest tent we can possibly build to preserve our gun rights.

So yes, I would encourage as many gay and lesbian people as possible to exercise their second amendment rights and join the NRA.

So would I.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
all the gays I know are hard left gun haters...maybe you just run into them...

Depends on where you are looking.  I know plenty of gays who are conservative and the ONLY issue that gives them any association with the left is gay marriage.  Gay's aren't exactly the type of crowd to sit around eating government cheese and scream "my baby didn't do nuffin!".
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

yeah, right..jk

guns don't care what the owners sexuality is and neither do i
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#48]

I've always loved guns, but I am pretty new to gun collecting.

Here is my small, yet growing collection.  Tactical Tilly is in place of my Bersa in lieu of it being fixed.

Here's a better picture of the Colt at the bottom of the pic:

Here's my Bersa.  I miss this gun, and can't wait until it's fixed.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, right..jk

guns don't care what the owners sexuality is and neither do i

http://www.pinkpistols.org/local.html

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

because if your liberal you need to leave.

I've never really considered myself liberal. Arfcom sometimes makes me feel like I must be but being around true liberals makes me feel like a right winger.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top