Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/20/2006 6:36:15 AM EDT
Ever seen anything so freaky it defies explanation?  One of those weird things that just sticks in your mind?  Well post it here!  It doesn’t have to be a ghost story or Hillary Clinton or anything like that, although feel free to post such stories (I like em!).  Just anything you’ve ever seen that was weird or freaked you out.

The first time I ever saw “The Ring”, after the movie was over, and I mean the exact second it ended and the credits started to roll, the phone rang.  I just about had a fing heart attack.  If you’ve ever seen the movie, you know what I mean.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
tag, this could get interesting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
All i can think of is Tub Girl.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Shadow people.  Has happened to me several times.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

First thing that occurred to me, too.

Do yourself a favor: if you've never seen it, KEEP IT THAT WAY.

You're better off.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#6]
i had a nightmare once, and woke up completly paralyzed. i went away after about a minute. it was way nuts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]
My house is an old "company house" it was built around 1870.   Occasionally I see some things...  Been there for 19 1/2 years now,  I am kinda used to it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Shadow_Person.html

Oh helllll no.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i had a nightmare once, and woke up completly paralyzed. i went away after about a minute. it was way nuts.

I've woken up before my body as well   it freaks me the f'k out.   I've noticed it only happens if I sleep on my back
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're better off.

Well now I HAVE to see it!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Huh, so that is what is thrashing around over there in the corner?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Scrotal Inflation at a "Berkley People" parade.  WTF?

G
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:51:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're better off.

Well I found it and...

OH MY GOD! I'm gonna be sick!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're better off.

you WILL be sorry.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're better off.

Trust me, you DON'T.  If you go off and do something stupid like Googling "Tub Girl", don't say I didn't warn you !!!!

Seriously.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're better off.

Trust me, you DON'T.  If you go off and do something stupid like Googling "Tub Girl", don't say I didn't warn you !!!!

Seriously.

You should have warned me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Tub girl!

I still can't get that out of my mind and it's been a long time too...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're better off.

you WILL be sorry.

Believe me I AM  

I only saw it for like a second before I closed it but now it's like it's burned onto my retinas.

To be fair, I thought it was gonna be weird or freaky (due to the topic subject) not disgusting.

You guys made a believer out of me, I'll never doubt you again when you tell me I don't want to see something.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh helllll no.  

Holy SHIT!!!  Every hair on my body is standing on end!  That is exactly what I have seen several times!!  It happened several times in college and a few since then.  I thought I was just having nightmares or something.  I told my roommate about it, he didn't believe me.  One night he was having a hard time getting to sleep.  I was paralyzed by fear and couldn't talk or move.  I could barely breathe.   He heard me choking and flipped on the light.  He saw what he a shadowy "absence of light" flee from the room out the closed window.  We were in the dorms on the 5th floor.

Freaked the hell out of us both.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#21]
When I was a kid I saw what I guess is called a Shadow person. I called it "Mr. Wind" because I saw him on a windy day. It could have been my kid-imagination though I guess.

I've seen a UFO once. And I had an incident where I felt my house had something incredibly evil just outside it. I don't scare easily but I was about petrified when that happened. The room got very cold, very dark (unexplainably dark- it's never been that dark) and I felt this creeping dread and I could "feel" something just outside my window. I pray frequently but I literally prayed all night long until the day broke. My wife felt it too- I asked her about it the next day and she started crying and said she'd been up all night too but thought I was asleep so she didn't wake me.

I think that's about it.

Edit: The "Shadow person" I saw looked NOTHING like the one in that link!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh helllll no.  

Holy SHIT!!!  Every hair on my body is standing on end!  That is exactly what I have seen several times!!  It happened several times in college and a few since then.  I thought I was just having nightmares or something.  I told my roommate about it, he didn't believe me.  One night he was having a hard time getting to sleep.  I was paralyzed by fear and couldn't talk or move.  I could barely breathe.   He heard me choking and flipped on the light.  He saw what he a shadowy "absence of light" flee from the room out the closed window.  We were in the dorms on the 5th floor.

Freaked the hell out of us both.

wow you guys were on some good acid.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Sweet Jesus.    I wish I hadn't looked at tubgirl.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh helllll no.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#25]
goatse
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Strange Pics

Some more strange pics.

Another story:

I woke up in the middle of the night one time, and saw a black shape standing right next to my side of the bed, just kind of hovering over me.  After a few seconds it just disappeared.  I thought I had dreamed the whole thing.  It wasn't threatning or anything like that, nor was I scared.

A couple of days later, my wife woke me up in the middle of the night.  Apparently she woke up to a black figure hovering over her.  It freaked her out.  It really freaked her out when I told it had happened to me before as well.  We moved shortly thereafter.

In the same apartment, I woke up one night because I heard the doorknob on the closet turn(the closet was directly across from my side of the bed, and I could reach out and touch the door), so I stuck my hand out a couple of inches away from the door, and the door opened against my hand.  For the an instant, not even a second, I felt a push come from the door.  A considerable push.  I got slammed the door shut, grabbed my shotgun, flung the door open, and there was nothing there.  So I laid back down and watched the door for the rest of the night.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Strange Pics

Some more strange pics.

Another story:

I woke up in the middle of the night one time, and saw a black shape standing right next to my side of the bed, just kind of hovering over me.  After a few seconds it just disappeared.  I thought I had dreamed the whole thing.  It wasn't threatning or anything like that, nor was I scared.

A couple of days later, my wife woke me up in the middle of the night.  Apparently she woke up to a black figure hovering over her.  It freaked her out.  It really freaked her out when I told it had happened to me before as well.  We moved shortly thereafter.

In the same apartment, I woke up one night because I heard the doorknob on the closet turn(the closet was directly across from my side of the bed, and I could reach out and touch the door), so I stuck my hand out a couple of inches away from the door, and the door opened against my hand.  For the an instant, not even a second, I felt a push come from the door.  A considerable push.  I got slammed the door shut, grabbed my shotgun, flung the door open, and there was nothing there.  So I laid back down and watched the door for the rest of the night.

Happened to me on monday,  woke up at 330 because it felt someone touch my face, I looked up saw someone for a few seconds and that was it.  

I think the only one that really freaked me out was about 2 years ago, in the evening,  i wanled into my bathroom and heard a voice.  Just made a sound as if I startled them, but in turn It scared the shit out of me and i jumped back..     I gained my wits pretty quickly and said "please don't do that"   hasn't happened since.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#28]
One time after a really hard workout at the gym, I took a cap full of GHB to help me go to sleep. I awoke in the middle of the night paralyzed, i couldn't move and i felt the sound of rushing wind all around me. This demon voice was talking to me, coming from the direction of the end of the bed, but I couldnt really see anything but darkness that way. I was hit with a massive adrenaline rush, and I felt scared, and then i finally was able to get up and turn on the lights. I dismissed the entire thing as being half-in and half-out of consciousness, and watched TV until I fell back asleep.

The next day I met up with my gym partner after work and he said, "Man, I had the strangest experience last night...." and he DESCRIBED THE ENTIRE THING I WENT THROUGH!!! He had the exact same experience!!! Word for word, it was exactly like mine, at around the same time 3:00am or something...

When I told him I had the same thing happen, he looked at me kinda strange and I don't think he believed me... but it fucking freaked me out.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I was drifting off to sleep (alone) one night when my wife was working a 3rd shift job.
As I layed there, I heard a voice call my name twice, but in a loud firm whisper.
I heard: "Art..........<pause>   ART !"
It sounded just like my wife's voice, but whispering from the hallway as to not wake the kids.
Half asleep, I answered her... "What !?" . . .  

Then I realized she was at work...

I've seen what I thought were shadows, and have had things fall over that had been in the same place for days...
I remember being in the basement one time, and a goddamn broom handle fell over behind me as I passed the corner it was standing in for weeks...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're better off.

Well I found it and...

OH MY GOD! I'm gonna be sick!!!

Whatever you do... don't Google "Goatse" or "GoatseCX".
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Tagged.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
When I was a kid I saw what I guess is called a Shadow person. I called it "Mr. Wind" because I saw him on a windy day. It could have been my kid-imagination though I guess.

I've seen a UFO once. And I had an incident where I felt my house had something incredibly evil just outside it. I don't scare easily but I was about petrified when that happened. The room got very cold, very dark (unexplainably dark- it's never been that dark) and I felt this creeping dread and I could "feel" something just outside my window. I pray frequently but I literally prayed all night long until the day broke. My wife felt it too- I asked her about it the next day and she started crying and said she'd been up all night too but thought I was asleep so she didn't wake me.

I think that's about it.

I've felt the evil outside the window thing too.  I tell myself it was just my imagination, but it came on suddenly... out of the blue.  I wasn't thinking about anything even remotely bad then all of a sudden BAM, I feel like the devil himself is outside my window staring me down.

I'm not religious at all.  Closest description to what I am is Deist but I swear, I was believing in demons that night.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#33]
mothmanlives.com

Interesting site.  Mothman has always freaked me out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Tubgirl. "Can ya smell it?"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that's about it.

I've felt the evil outside the window thing too.  I tell myself it was just my imagination, but it came on suddenly... out of the blue.  I wasn't thinking about anything even remotely bad then all of a sudden BAM, I feel like the devil himself is outside my window staring me down.

I'm not religious at all.  Closest description to what I am is Deist but I swear, I was believing in demons that night.

Funny you should mention demons. I am religious and I do believe there was one no more than a foot from my head, outside my window that night. It was pure evil. I literally prayed until the morning light.

I never want to feel like that again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#36]
So is Tubgirl the girl in the tub with her ass in the air with a huge gieser of shit?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#37]
At my last apt I woke up to a dark figue standing at the end of my bed,I yelled at it "Boy you're about to get shot!" That woke my wife up and it was gone.

Only happened that one time.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Why is it that I love these threads here at arfcom, but don't know where to find a forum for stuff like this?

Is being curious of this kind of stuff going against God?  Just curious.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Sounds like Sleep Paralysis
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Give me a hint on what to expect.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me a hint on what to expect.....

You can expect What Q3131A said:

Quoted:
So is Tubgirl the girl in the tub with her ass in the air with a huge gieser of shit?

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Me too.
The dream paralysis thing has happened as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
"Boy you're about to get shot!"

Redneck bastard.  I can just hear the TX accent, too. LOL
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#46]
parking lot where I work covers over some old graves, they thought they moved all of them, but they couldn't have gotten all of them cause they were all over the place and unmarked, but back to the tale, the place is still got graves on three sides of it, but we have stools that flush by themsleves, soap dispencers that'll hose all the soap out, an ice/foutain drink machine that will shoot ice out, fawcets that seem to turn themselves on, and I just recently watched a ghost tape our surveillance dept. got, its not a full body type thing, but more like a 6' tall shadow that comes in the door and goes through several banks of machines strait to the drink station then slides on through the wall, and sometimes some of the girls that use the north ladies restroom late at night say that they get the creeps when they go in by themselves.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#47]
My brother suffers from sleep paralysis and it sounds like what a couple of people here have experienced. About once a week he'll wake up and not be able to move any part of his body but his head. He'll start shaking his head around and eventually be able to move his arms and legs.

He told me that the first time it happend he thought a friend was in his room and wanted to sit on the bed next to him. He tried to scoot over to make room but wasn't able to move his arms or legs. He turned his head and noone else was there. After a few seconds he was able to move.

That would creep my ass out, I don't think it's anything "supernatural" though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Tub girl wasn't as bad as I expected.

I was expecting a tub full of rancid severed body parts floating in blood or something.  Now that would have freaked me out.

Tub girl likes to give herself those "earthy" facials.  I wonder how soft her skin is .  How long before we see this technique shilled on late night infomercials:

"Hi, I'm Billy Mays with an incredible new way of softening facial skin".....splat
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#49]
The time I was watching my little brother play in a sandbox several years ago. The sandbox is in a large opening. The nearest woods are probably closer to 40yds away. My brother was sitting in front of me and I heard someone whisper my nate loudly in my ear. If it was a real person, I would have been able to feel their breath it sounded so close.

Or when My brother was really young, maybe 2. Sometimes when I would watch him he would ask who the man standing in the corner was. There was nothing or nobody in the corner. We had a dog then that would also be barking in that direction, as if something was there.

Or the time when I was about 14 and I was home all alone. My family was gone for the day. I was in my room upstairs and heard what sounded like someone walking up the stairs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#50]
I’ve had sleep paralysis several times; the first time freaked me out because I was face down on my pillow suffocating and couldn’t move my head to breath. I finally gained the ability to move again right before I was about to pass out from lack of air.

A few years later I had a sleep paralysis experience coupled with what I assume was a sort of waking dream. I woke up paralyzed as I had several times before only my light seemed to be on and I heard my dresser drawers opening and closing. I opened my eyes and a strange looking woman was standing about me and started laughing, the drawers started moving in and own quickly and my light kept flickering on and off. This went on for what felt like minutes when I finally was able to move I jumped up out of my bed, only the woman was gone and the drawers were all closed. Only strange part about it was I’m fairly sure I went to sleep with my light off.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top