Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 7:33:12 AM EDT
On CNN.

"Chuck de Caro and his wife, former Headline News anchor and CNN correspondent Lynne Russell, were on a road trip and spending the night at an Albuquerque motel when de Caro killed the man during what Russell called an attempted robbery.

Albuquerque police said they have yet to question de Caro, who had surgery for his wounds.

Officer Fred Duran said no charges were expected to be filed against de Caro. Russell said her husband fired in self-defense."
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

On CNN.
"Chuck de Caro and his wife, former Headline News anchor and CNN correspondent Lynne Russell, were on a road trip and spending the night at an Albuquerque motel when de Caro killed the man during what Russell called an attempted robbery.

Albuquerque police said they have yet to question de Caro, who had surgery for his wounds.

Officer Fred Duran said no charges were expected to be filed against de Caro. Russell said her husband fired in self-defense."
View Quote
Sounds like her husband's CCW saved their lives. Most at CNN believe Americans should not be allowed to defend themselves much less carry a gun from DC to Cali as the story said they were doing. It will be interesting how they will spin this.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On CNN.

View Quote

Both from DC, both carrying legal permits to carry a handgun
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On CNN.

Do as I say, Not as I do.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Again?

They sure get into a lot of gunfights lately.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
privilege has its privilege

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#6]
And yet they would rather I not have and exercise a carry permit

Amazing what armed self defense can do aintit
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On CNN.

Yet CNN is liberal, anti-gun.  Go fucking figure.  More equal animals.  Liberal assholes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I love New Mexico, but ABQ is one place I stayed that seemed to have some serious issues.

I had to sign a separate waiver specifically stating I'm responsible if my room is robbed.

In the evening, I thought I'd walk around downtown, which seemed clean and well kept, but saw few people, and once I saw a couple groups of Police with "Gang Unit" stenciled on their jackets, I figured that might be part of it.

In the morning while taking an offramp to a restuarant, I saw 3 police heading down an embankment. One had a camera, one a had a pole, and one had a blanket.  That's never good.

That same morning a son was shot to death in a donut shop while he was in getting donuts and coffee for him and his dad.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn abq, you scary.

Seriously,  seems like lately abq is trying to become Detroit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On CNN.

Yeah, DC issues those now.

Also, VA issues out of state permits that have pretty good reciprocity with other states.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Lynne Russell was reserve LEO ...
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Some animals are more equal than others"   Animal Farm  EVERYONE needs to read it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Good
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yet CNN is liberal, anti-gun.  Go fucking figure.  More equal animals.  Liberal assholes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
On CNN.

LOL, just because someone draws a paycheck from a certain company doesn't mean they believe in the company ideology.

Especially correspondents.

You may be surprised to know that some fairly liberal channels and papers have some VERY conservative employees, especially when it comes to columnists.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Lynne Russell was reserve LEO ...
View Quote

And has an amazing rack.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I love New Mexico, but ABQ is one place I stayed that seemed to have some serious issues.

I had to sign a separate waiver specifically stating I'm responsible if my room is robbed.

In the evening, I thought I'd walk around downtown, which seemed clean and well kept, but saw few people, and once I saw a couple groups of Police with "Gang Unit" stenciled on their jackets, I figured that might be part of it.

In the morning while taking an offramp to a restuarant, I saw 3 police heading down an embankment. One had a camera, one a had a pole, and one had a blanket.  That's never good.

That same morning a son was shot to death in a donut shop while he was in getting donuts and coffee for him and his dad.
View Quote

Surprisingly ABQ is one of the safer cities in NM. If you think it's bad, go hang out in LC. The downtown area is one of the worst areas, BTW.

Also, dupe
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Dupe:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1764129_Former_CNN_journalist_kills_man_in_shootout.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top