Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 7:10:38 AM EDT

Team Texas BBQ Rub and Pop's Blazin Smokers were side by side at the cookoff.  We are all friends and members of the same BBQ forum.

This chicken took first place.  Very tasty.

Steve and Bill (Team Texas BBQ Rub) slice up some awesome ribs.

Jeff (Pop's Blazin Smokers) prepares his ribs for turn-in.

These ribs took 4th place.

Before slicing.

Craig (Team Texas BBQ Rub) adds Texas Pepper Jelly to the ribs.  The jelly (pineapple) melts into a glaze.  Great stuff.

Looks good.

Hungry yet?

This chicken took 10th place.

These ribs took 13th place.

Last day for the ARFCOM discount at Texas Pepper Jelly!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It can't be food pr0n with you guys in the pic.   Either the food alone or some nice ladies.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
ok, I'm hungry now!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#3]
You totally suck!  You need to put a warning about awesome looking food (open with caution ).  FOOD PR0N isn't good enough.  Too close to lunch for that, my friend.

Makes the ham and cheese sandwich I'm about to have look pretty crappy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, that looks GOOD!!!!!  Thanks for sharing some pics.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Mmmm,
Delicious looking. You are not helping my fitness and Dieting goals.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You totally suck!  You need to put a warning about awesome looking food (open with caution ).  FOOD PR0N isn't good enough.  Too close to lunch for that, my friend.

Food pr0n is always about awesome looking food.  And it tasted even better than it looked.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Gee that looks good

what lens did you use for these pictures?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Food pr0n is always about awesome looking food.  And it tasted even better than it looked.  

I know Food pr0n is one thing but what you posted was just too graphic for this board.  I've sent a message to the mods to have this thread locked for that reason.

If those ribs took 13th place I don't want to see the ones that won.

I just sent my wife to the store to get some ribs.

I bet it DID taste good.  My mouth is watering just looking at the pics again.

mmmmmmm, TX BBQ.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn....Pappas BBQ for lunch today I guess!

HH
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd hit it! Ahem I mean I'd eat it!

You mean there are BBQ forums?

I could use a few pointers myself.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#11]
thats just not fair
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#12]
If it were not for the pics of guys with the food, I would have a chub by now.

Nice looking food!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Can you please tell me what BBQ forum it is?  I love to BBQ, but never have anything going on around here, that I know of.

btw, those ribs are perfectly cooked, what is their secret?!?  

Thanks!

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#14]
i think arfcom needs a bbq section
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#15]
The forum is Texas BBQ Rub forum.  The BBQ hive mind over there is top notch.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

HH

Pappa's?  Er...   What part of town are you in?  We can find a better BBQ place for you to go to.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I already found it through the Jelly link and ordered up some Rub! Woooo Wooooo!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Another reason I love this state.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I already found it through the Jelly link and ordered up some Rub! Woooo Wooooo!

BigDozer66

It is some amazing rub.  I usually sit and eat it straight out of the bag while I am watching the pit.  Drives my wife up the wall.  You can also use it when you make smoked-baked-mashed-taters.  Smoked-mashed-baked tater thread from the archives.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Pappa's?  Er...   What part of town are you in?  We can find a better BBQ place for you to go to.

Richmond and S. Post Oak....Pizzatola's maybe?  Not as close as Pappas BBQ, but they've got great ribs.

Any other spots?

HH
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Richmond and S. Post Oak....Pizzatola's maybe?  Not as close as Pappas BBQ, but they've got great ribs.

Any other spots?

HH

Luling City Market is usually pretty good.  They are pretty close to you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#22]
So how about posting the recipe?

That looks GOOD!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So how about posting the recipe?

That looks GOOD!!!

Start with Texas BBQ Rub and Worstershire suace.  Give the rubs a good coat of worstershire sauce and rub in a generous amount of BBQ rub.  Let the ribs sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes while you get the pit going.

Get a stable fire going in your firebox.  You want a good bed of coals and a this stream of smoke.  Too much smoke and your meat will have an overpowering smoke flavor.  Your pit should be no hotter than 225*.  Too hot and you will boil the fat out of the meat and end up with a dry hunk of shoe leather.

Put the ribs on the pit (meat side up) and leave them alone for three hours.  NO PEEKING.  Every time you open the lid, you let out heat.  The meat does not start dancing when you close the lid, you don't need to check on it.  Keep your fire steady and your pit temp at 225*.

At the three hour mark, wrap the ribs in aluminum foil and put them back on the pit.  Some folks like to add apple juice to the foil at this stage, I just wrap them.  Cook for 2 more hours at 225*.

After 2 hours, unwrap the ribs.  Get a jar of Texas Pepper Jelly and put it (lid removed) next to the ribs in your pit for a few minutes .  This will soften the jelly enough that you can pour it over the ribs.  Coat the ribs with jelly and put them back on the pit for one more hour.  The jelly will turn into a yummy, yummy glaze.

Remove the ribs from the pit and enjoy!

That is known as the 3-2-1 method.
3 hours unwrapped
2 hours wrapped
1 hour unwrapped with jelly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top