Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/7/2018 10:52:09 PM EDT
I've seen a few posts in GD from people saying that they don't care much about bumpstocks being banned, or that they think they should be banned because they bypass machinegun regulations. "If you want to own a machinegun, do it the proper way or lobby to change the laws."

Guys, it's not about bumpstocks. The bill that just passed in Florida outlaws devices that allow the gun to fire at a faster rate. It doesn't specify bumpstocks, it just bans devices that can increase rate of fire.

If Rick Scott signs it into law, judges are the ones who ultimately get to decide what "increases rate of fire" means. Judges are the ones who get to decide what sort of things qualify as "increasing rate of fire". It doesn't matter whether or not something actually changes rate of fire, the ones who get to decide what that means are the same sorts of people who think that AR15s are designed to accept mounted chainsaws.

This is not a ban on bumpstocks. It's a ban on everything. Floridians can kiss everything goodbye, and I really do mean everything. Adjustable triggers, two-stage triggers, match triggers, forward grips, adjustable stocks, aftermarket buffers and buffer springs, aftermarket BCGs, everything. Fuck it, how about things that make it easier for you to aim and get a good sight picture, thereby acheiving faster accurate followup shots? Red dot sights, flashlights, laser pointers, tritium sights, scopes, compensators, flash hiders, suppressors, rubber butt pads.

If an anti-gun judge decides it can increase rate of fire, it's gone. It doesn't need to make sense, and they don't need to coherently justify why they think it increases rate of fire. If a judge decides it can help you shoot faster, it's gone.

So I don't want to hear any bullshit about how if you can't just buy a new machinegun then you shouldn't be able to buy a device that makes it work like a machinegun. I don't want to hear any bullshit about how it's just a stupid toy gimmick so what's the big deal? This is zero sum game. Florida is their trial run to see if they can enact europe-style draconian gun control under the cloak of just banning bumpstocks.

And just in case you still think there's nothing to worry about, remember that Trump has recently signalled his support for further gun control. We absolutely could see nationwide europe-style gun control passed into law under President Trump. Quit being lazy, join the NRA, join the GOA, donate a sum of money you can realistically afford to the NRA-ILA and GOA, and harass all of your elected officials (national level, state level, and local level) even if where you live is as deep red as it gets.

By this time next year, the nation should be arguing over whether or not to remove suppressors and SBRs/SBSs from the NFA. Not whether or not to pass an AWB.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
What bill?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent post, sir.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Surprise surprise its about control.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
the NFA owners here will just call us GAY to get a real gun.

SO i guess we need to fight the NRA, NFA owners, Fudds AND the GOP to just keep our guns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the NFA owners here will just call us GAY to get a real gun.

SO i guess we need to fight the NRA, NFA owners, Fudds AND the GOP to just keep our guns.
View Quote
THIS

Fucking sellouts and Oppositional-Defiant cuckolds EVERYWHERE. Motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've seen a few posts in GD from people saying that they don't care much about bumpstocks being banned, or that they think they should be banned because they bypass machinegun regulations. "If you want to own a machinegun, do it the proper way or lobby to change the laws."

Guys, it's not about bumpstocks. The bill that just passed in Florida outlaws devices that allow the gun to fire at a faster rate. It doesn't specify bumpstocks, it just bans devices that can increase rate of fire.

If Rick Scott signs it into law, judges are the ones who ultimately get to decide what "increases rate of fire" means. Judges are the ones who get to decide what sort of things qualify as "increasing rate of fire". It doesn't matter whether or not something actually changes rate of fire, the ones who get to decide what that means are the same sorts of people who think that AR15s are designed to accept mounted chainsaws.

This is not a ban on bumpstocks. It's a ban on everything. Floridians can kiss everything goodbye, and I really do mean everything. Adjustable triggers, two-stage triggers, match triggers, forward grips, adjustable stocks, aftermarket buffers and buffer springs, aftermarket BCGs, everything. Fuck it, how about things that make it easier for you to aim and get a good sight picture, thereby acheiving faster accurate followup shots? Red dot sights, flashlights, laser pointers, tritium sights, scopes, compensators, flash hiders, suppressors, rubber butt pads.

If an anti-gun judge decides it can increase rate of fire, it's gone. It doesn't need to make sense, and they don't need to coherently justify why they think it increases rate of fire. If a judge decides it can help you shoot faster, it's gone.

So I don't want to hear any bullshit about how if you can't just buy a new machinegun then you shouldn't be able to buy a device that makes it work like a machinegun. I don't want to hear any bullshit about how it's just a stupid toy gimmick so what's the big deal? This is zero sum game. Florida is their trial run to see if they can enact europe-style draconian gun control under the cloak of just banning bumpstocks.

And just in case you still think there's nothing to worry about, remember that Trump has recently signalled his support for further gun control. We absolutely could see nationwide europe-style gun control passed into law under President Trump. Quit being lazy, join the NRA, join the GOA, donate a sum of money you can realistically afford to the NRA-ILA and GOA, and harass all of your elected officials (national level, state level, and local level) even if where you live is as deep red as it gets.

By this time next year, the nation should be arguing over whether or not to remove suppressors and SBRs/SBSs from the NFA. Not whether or not to pass an AWB.
View Quote
... you're absolutely right
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
741 As used in this section, the term "bump
742 fire stock" means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
743 device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic
744 automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of
745 fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such
746 semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory,
747 or a device.

EVERYTHING is now banned in Florida.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven’t read the bill but if what you said is true, You forgot semi-auto as increased rate of fire compared to bolt action and bolt action is increased rate of fire compared to muzzle loaders, so it could end with black powder rifles..... scary.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#9]
It's pretty unreal how the dumbfucks who think they are so cool and edgy tell us that  bumpstocks are gay and useless, how they don't care if they are banned. Then they tell us how pro 2A they are.   Fucking unreal.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#10]
After reading the text, I don't come to the same tin foil hated conclusion but maybe I'm just reading it wrong.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Florida passed a worse 'bump stock ban' than MA did.

Wow.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#12]
In before move to a free state.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea cause the NRA was sooo helpful  I am an endowment member, never another penny from my cold closed wallet. Our only hope is Scott doesn't sign this piece of garbage, but than I have a better chance of waking up to 12" of snow tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
After reading the text, I don't come to the same tin foil hated conclusion but maybe I'm just reading it wrong.
View Quote
One could quite readily argue lube increases the rate of fire. Light triggers increase the rate of fire. Altered buffer weights increase the rate of fire.

We successfully fought such terminology in MA, hope Florida is able to avoid signing of this bill.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#15]
A faster rate than what

Manufacturers will just sell the rifle with all the "goodies" stock.  Then you won't be changing anything.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because you're not reading it from the point of view of a gun grabbing, anti-constitution judge or politically biased prosecuting attorney.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Butthurt is skrong.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess the way this law reads they could ban Jerry Miculek’s trigger finger.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Butthurt is skrong.
View Quote
Stay fucking classy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's pretty unreal how the dumbfucks who think they are so cool and edgy tell us that  bumpstocks are gay and useless, how they don't care if they are banned. Then they tell us how pro 2A they are.   Fucking unreal.
View Quote
That trash element has been on this site for a long time.

They are the same accounts that post how they are against constitutional carry, want universal background checks so it covers FTF sales, want to up the purchase age, require "training" to be able to own a gun, think suppressors are "dangerous" and need to be NFA......it goes on and on.

The "compromise" idiots and general concern trolls are nothing new here if you have been paying attention. The best entertainment is the "I'm a liberal gun owner but..." trash here.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I guess the way this law reads they could ban Jerry Miculek’s trigger finger.
View Quote
No, the way it reads is that Jerry's finger will be provided as evidence that the device cannot speed up the rate of fire faster than a person can fire.  Save all of his videos as evidence.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What bill?
View Quote
Lol we’re screwed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Don’t worry, it can never happen where you live.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Your not reading in liberal.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A faster rate than what

Manufacturers will just sell the rifle with all the "goodies" stock.  Then you won't be changing anything.
View Quote
Yes... a faster rate than what - will be decided by anti-gun judges and prosecutors.

Then the manufacturer will be changing the rate of fire at the factory.

It's a shitty bill no matter how you look at it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#26]
This is the gateway drug to BAN ON ALL SEMIAUTOMATICS
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They are the same accounts that post how they are against constitutional carry, want universal background checks so it covers FTF sales, want to up the purchase age, require "training" to be able to own a gun, think suppressors are "dangerous" and need to be NFA......it goes on and on.

The "compromise" idiots and general concern trolls are nothing new here if you have been paying attention.
View Quote
Instagram Operators being led around and influenced by snarky shills, who were planted here to sway our opinion as an ideologically homogeneous group.

Sounding "edgy" convinces lower-IQ motherfuckers to giggle and snort, then try to follow in those footsteps. Real fucking edgy. Alinsky got it right: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The "compromise" idiots and general concern trolls are nothing new here if you have been paying attention.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I do, I use my ignore button as a reminder who is anti freedom. I generally still read their posts, but know they are how they are.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I guess the way this law reads they could ban Jerry Miculek's trigger finger.
View Quote
Don't be silly. It does not.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Gov't lost its mind today. Three weeks since a known kid with a known problem did a known thing and wasn't stopped by the very people who are clamoring for gun control.
I am optimistic this will get struck down. But if it somehow gets upheld it will be a mess.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Because you're not reading it from the point of view of a gun grabbing, anti-constitution judge or politically biased prosecuting attorney.
View Quote
That's true.  Should be interesting to see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

CHRIS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess the way this law reads they could ban Jerry Miculek's trigger finger.

CHRIS
Belt loops just got banned.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Which state is the next to fall? Which state becomes ground zero for the next American Revolution...
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bump stock hillbillies had to open the door!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#36]
OP gets it.  Many do not
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#37]
shit just got real

something says now that they got the green light  it works

if I were to compose a book I would say that now that you know you can get what you want by having an event where the law was told to stand down

it could just happen again in several other states to get the same result.

moms everywhere would turn out,  my guess,  not that this would ever happen.

Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Sad, even the gunshine state ain't safe.

Anti gunners have all free states in their sights.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A faster rate than what

View Quote
...and that's the loophole... I guess I will have to manufacture my own ar15 that is designed on purpose with a minimum capable rate of fire...Also, if you read the law, if you practice hard enough, you can have a rate increasing device.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Surprise surprise its about control.
View Quote
Yep...gun control never works so therefor there's never enough.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#41]
"...a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit..."

Well, at least you get to keep and use your finger.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No, the way it reads is that Jerry's finger will be provided as evidence that the device cannot speed up the rate of fire faster than a person can fire.  Save all of his videos as evidence.
View Quote
That's kind of how I read it.... or if you can pull the trigger fairly fast and only fire the bump stock at or below your capability, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Read from a salivating gun grabbing generational communist judge's point of view...
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What bill?
View Quote
You serious?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A faster rate than what

View Quote
Or you could just build your AR from a virgin or 80% lower and then whatever trigger you install becomes the baseline for rate of fire for THAT gun.

Point is this ill conceived and poorly written law could mean just about anything any gun grabber wants it to mean.

Gov. Scott (R) is about to turn millions of Floridians into potential felons.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#46]
What's next?

Shoestrings?

Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#47]
As an MG owner, I support bumpstock rights.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's how I read it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#50]
I know a 20 year old that just got into guns, by Oct 1st, he'll still be 20, but won't be able to buy guns anymore?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top