Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/29/2004 11:42:56 PM EST
Had one of my wisdoms pulled today, and just wondering what I need to do to prevent dry scokets. And if it does happen what kind of pain in I in for and for how long...

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:46:09 PM EST
Rinse your mouth a couple of times a day with warm saltwater. Avoid mouthwash and anything else that might irritate the area for a while.

Hopefully they told you that, or gave you instructions before you left the office?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:47:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By warp_asylum:
Rinse your mouth a couple of times a day with warm saltwater. Avoid mouthwash and anything else that might irritate the area for a while.

Hopefully they told you that, or gave you instructions before you left the office?

Yeah got a paper but want to know if there are things they don't tell you lol.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:47:53 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:50:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By olyarms:

Just be thankful they're doing them one at a time. I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled in one sitting. That really sucked for like a month afterward.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:50:38 PM EST
I started smoking again the next day, never had a problem. The doctors are a bunchg of LIARS!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:54:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By METT-T:
I started smoking again the next day, never had a problem. The doctors are a bunchg of LIARS!

Forgot about that. They do tell you not to smoke, don't they. I actually waited 4 days I think before I started again. That was 6 years ago, and I finally quit for good (hopefully) only a couple of months ago. I wish I hadn't started again after the wisdom teeth deal.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:55:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By METT-T:

Lol. Are you trying to tell me to use a straw etc, you trying to cause great pain to me. LMAO

I don't smoke so not a worry
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:58:18 PM EST
Oh yeah, if they gave you any kind of hardcore painkillers (ie vicodin, percoset, or any opiate-based painkiller), be very careful with them. I made the mistake of using the whole bottle (over the course of the first week) at the time, and it was really, really weird coming off of them. I had to take lots of advil coming off the painkillers and I still felt freaky for a while.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:04:08 AM EST

Oh yeah, if they gave you any kind of hardcore painkillers (ie vicodin, percoset, or any opiate-based painkiller), be very careful with them. I made the mistake of using the whole bottle (over the course of the first week) at the time, and it was really, really weird coming off of them. I had to take lots of advil coming off the painkillers and I still felt freaky for a while.

Nope no pain pills, wouldn't taken anything more than Ibuprofen, just don't like putting alot of drugs into me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:07:52 AM EST

Nope no pain pills, wouldn't taken anything more than Ibuprofen, just don't like putting alot of drugs into me.

Roger. I had all 4 done, so I needed something powerful for that first week. I hope I never need painkillers like that again. Chasing the dragon did not agree with me!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:08:03 AM EST

Just be thankful they're doing them one at a time. I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled in one sitting. That really sucked for like a month afterward.

How odd. I was eating solid (albeit smooth going) food 36 hours afterwards. Although it was about a week b4 I had chips or anything like that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:10:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By MoparMike:

How odd. I was eating solid (albeit smooth going) food 36 hours afterwards. Although it was about a week b4 I had chips or anything like that.

I could eat ok, but my mouth felt like it had 4 holes in it for that first month... probably because it did!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:28:28 AM EST
I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled, and due to circumstances, it was 3 hours before I got the pain medication prescription filled. Needless to say, the anesthetic had completely worn off by this time, and I discovered why tooth-pulling is such a popular method of torture. I gulped down two pills (Lortabs, I think they were 7.5mg), and went home and went to bed. Those were the only thing I took for pain, and the next day, I went shooting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:33:58 AM EST
Advice I got from a girl before I got mine pulled: Don't suck on anything. Yeah, not a problem

Seriously though, I never had any problems, never even took painkillers for that one. I was eating solid food inside of two days.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:36:36 AM EST
You guys have some kind of tolerance for pain. I'm fine with the cuts and bruises and what not, but break a bone or pull some teeth and I turn into a 12 year old girl!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:38:22 AM EST
I got two of mine pulled in the Navy (by an excellent dentist!) and ignored the "don't use a straw" order two days later. Sucking down a big gulp from 7-11 and all of the sudden I felt something touching my tongue......It was the "soft scab" from the tooth hole! I almost threw up right there but managed to pull my car over..Talk about disgusting!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:41:47 AM EST

You guys have some kind of tolerance for pain. I'm fine with the cuts and bruises and what not, but break a bone or pull some teeth and I turn into a 12 year old girl!

Lol, right now I have a sprained ankle and on the other foot a sprained tow. I'm scraped and bruised to shit, and the only thing that bothers me is I'm not sure how long it will be till I get back on my bike
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:56:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

Lol, right now I have a sprained ankle and on the other foot a sprained tow. I'm scraped and bruised to shit, and the only thing that bothers me is I'm not sure how long it will be till I get back on my bike

Bike? As in, motorcycle?

<runs away screaming>

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:58:37 AM EST
I had 4 pulled at the same time with novicane. The last one required a hammer and chiesel to knock out.

No pain meds needed afterwards.

I thinky'all are just pussies
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:01:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
I had 4 pulled at the same time with novicane. The last one required a hammer and chiesel to knock out.

No pain meds needed afterwards.

I thinky'all are just pussies

12... year old... girl
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:05:40 AM EST

Bike? As in, motorcycle?

<runs away screaming>

My friends call me crash, cause I crash a lot and get scabs on top of scabs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:08:32 AM EST

Bike? As in, motorcycle?

<runs away screaming>

My friends call me crash, cause I crash a lot and get scabs on top of scabs.

Are you sure your name isn't Charles Bronson?

..Because you have a DEATH WISH!
Top Top