Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2017 4:50:43 PM EDT
My local gun shop told me tons of libtards are coming in buying handsguns and AR's to protect themselves against Literally Hitler

When we get a Dem anti-gun president again do you think they will stand up for gun rights since they own one or gladly turn them in for the progressive cause??
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL

No.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, they honestly believe they get the clinton option.....  you know, laws don't apply to them cause they are the left.....  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I laugh at all of the idiots that think just because someone owns a gun, their values must be pro-Constitution, or will magically change in that direction.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
They will gleefully turn their firearms in when their glorious masters enact the great confiscation.

Watch the derp outside gun buyback programs. They're all too happy to rid themselves of the shameful ownership of icky guns.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]
How do they know they are liberals?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
No.

Simply buying a gun doesn't suddenly turn a leftist into a pro-2A strict Constitutionalist; all a leftist buying a gun means is now they're an armed leftist...who still doesn't like you.

Which is one of the reasons why I won't teach any of them how to shoot either.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a reasonable question to ask.  Many of the hard left types seem to be buying guns, and it's hard to believe that they'd relish giving up a tool in their perceived fight against fascists and capitalism. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
My sister has drank deeply of the kool-aid and is a raving liberal. She bought a S&W .38 revolver to have in the house for protection. I asked her about her stance on the 2nd, and she said "lots of democrats are pro-2A".

There is no hope for most of them, including her.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a reasonable question to ask.  Many of the hard left types seem to be buying guns, and it's hard to believe that they'd relish giving up a tool in their perceived fight against fascists and capitalism. 
View Quote

They can be anti-2A and still keep their guns. The poll is flawed.

They just don't want YOU to have guns.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They will gleefully turn their firearms in when their glorious masters enact the great confiscation.

Watch the derp outside gun buyback programs. They're all too happy to rid themselves of the shameful ownership of icky guns.
View Quote
They will want to keep theirs, while you turn yours in................
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's like Professor Bike Lock, he's completely against you having a gun but thinks it's totally kosher for him to have one because he's who he is.

If there was a gun ban they'd think they were above it because they're not "right wing gun nuts" so should be okay to keep theirs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]
lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#13]
The liberals will turn there icky gun's in and snitch on there neighbors
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#14]
They will remain liberal/democrat on everything else but be against gun bans.  The way of the world is that people oppose things that negatively affect them and really aren't all that altruistic.  It's one thing to vote to take away other people's things, and quite a different thing to vote to take away your own.  Very few people support the latter.

There is also a group of people who vote against guns because they don't understand them and are afraid of them.  Once they own them, they begin to understand and lose their fear.  They won't vote guns away then because their reason to is gone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
They don't like the rest of the constitution. What they want is to be armed in case the whole peaceful revolution thing doesn't work out. Should they assume power and gradually chip away at our culture and laws and constitution to the point that they can have the more "modern" and "progressive" system that they want, they will not see the need to be armed any more and will gladly hand them in.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Liberals don't stand for anything really, that's why they're liberals...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Some here really don't get it. The Left has never, nor will they ever care about rules or laws. They don't plan on complying with anything.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think most of them are buying guns. Just the more militant ones, war mongers etc. gonna have some epic battle with who I don't know. White nationalalists I guess. The police don't show to stop them. They'll eventually slow down like the occutards and dwindle to nothing. The guns will gather dust and be forgotten or pawned  by the time any legislation requiring turn ins should pass if ever does God forbid. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#19]
They will happily give up their guns as soon as the gov't takes ours away.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I am surprised we haven't heard about a bunch of those idiots killing themselves or others via negligent discharges.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No.

Simply buying a gun doesn't suddenly turn a leftist into a pro-2A strict Constitutionalist; all a leftist buying a gun means is now they're an armed leftist...who still doesn't like you.

Which is one of the reasons why I won't teach any of them how to shoot either.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#22]
A small percentage will change their views and ideology along the way, but most will not.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Their principals are constantly up for sale, of course they'll give em up the moment they feel they're in a safe space again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I just wish they would start fucking shooting already
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Good for thee, but not for me
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#26]
No liberal thinks gun rights are more valuable than gays, abortion, islam, illegal aliens, welfare or any other sjw cause.

Period. They only want guns to shoot the right and force leftism on a country.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I like how the question is (always) deliberately phrased to go straight to some sort of door-to-door confiscation

Will leftist gun owners support:
universal background checks
waiting periods
bans on the purchase of certain guns based on cosmetics
bans on the future transfer if over 10rd magazines.
increased training requirements for ccw
increased costs for ccw
a shift from shall to may issue
elimination of "Constitutional Carry"
elimination of reciprocity agreements
elimination of ccw by non-police altogether.
requiring a NICS check for ammunition
universal gun registration
licenses to possess
safe storage requirements
only allowing purchase of ammunition for registered guns
increasing the list of prohibited persons
and more.

Democrats consider NYC, DC, and European  gun laws "reasonable".
NJ has some of the most ridiculous gun laws in the nation, and their democrats are chomping at the bit to pass more when Christie is gone.

Democrats have always bought guns, and they continue to support the most onerous restrictions on them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe they will just keep theirs, all while supporting anti 2A democrats or even support the actual policies. Not like they haven't been hypocritical in many other areas.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Most liberals are perfectly happy with allowing people to buy, own and use guns. A sizable minority of them are not.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#31]
only a handful or two might , but they will still vote democrat. Although talk with them, A guy at work who always voted democrat voted for Trump after long discussions on the things Obama had been doing to this country, now he wants his own gun. He however was more conservative in a lot of regards, and very religious.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nope, they honestly believe they get the clinton option.....  you know, laws don't apply to them cause they are the left.....  
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Sure the liberals are buying guns.  They just woke up to the fact they can buy them for their own protection.  They just don't want us to know that they own guns.  And no, they will never support the 2nd. amendment.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Gun bans for their political opponents while they keep their guns.

Don't think that many are buying though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am surprised we haven't heard about a bunch of those idiots killing themselves or others via negligent discharges.
View Quote
It's pretty difficult to have a ND if you buy a gun, put a cable lock on it, put it in a drawer, and never even load it.  If we're REALLY talking about liberals...not moderates that extreme right-wingers have misidentified as liberals...that would be what these people are doing.  

If someone is buying a gun and actually shooting it, they aren't a liberal...because liberals do not "believe" in guns.  Yes...I'm 100% serious on that, as I've had numerous liberals tell me that line over the years.

To answer the OP though...no...someone that is REALLY liberal is not going to change their position on firearms and the second amendment.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#37]
You have to consider the Progressive Liberal mindset:

They will be anti-2A but they won't turn their guns in, no, they will not only believe they are the exception to the rule they will demand it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#38]
You don't have the correct option available.  They keep theirs, we lose ours.  Including confiscation.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Most liberals are perfectly happy with allowing people to buy, own and use guns. A sizable minority of them are not.
View Quote
Don't worry, we all know you're full of shit. Overwhelming majority want a complete ban on all guns.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Why did you buy guns OP?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#41]
No mindblowing changes, but it's still a step in the right direction.  Gotta start somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
If by "guns" you mean bolt action rifles and pump action shotguns that ONLY have hunting purposes...sure...some liberals might be ok with that.  Liberals (all of them) are 100% not in favor of private citizens owning semi-automatic 'x'...where 'x' = anything.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I laugh at all of the idiots that think just because someone owns a gun, their values must be pro-Constitution, or will magically change in that direction.
View Quote
My father in law is a flaming shit head liberal.  We fight all the time about politics.  He now owns an M&P 15-22 and a M&P Shield that he bought in the last few months.  He bought a year long membership to the local gun club.  He shoots twice a week.  He owns about 4,000 rounds of ammo now.

The other day I asked him if any of his opinions have now changed due to his gun ownership.  He actually said yes, he wouldn't support an assault weapons ban anymore or any kind of ammo ban.  He didn't realize how little 4,000 rounds is given his target shooting.  

So yes, their minds can be changed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I wonder how many are felons and are illegally obtaining them.

You know damn good & well its happening & to them the ends justify the means.

"Well it not like I'm going to rob a bank, I'm just going to kill Nazis"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#46]
There have always been liberal gunowners.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My father in law is a flaming shit head liberal.  We fight all the time about politics. He now owns an M&P 15-22 and a M&P Shield that he bought in the last few months.  He bought a year long membership to the local gun club.  He shoots twice a week.  He owns about 4,000 rounds of ammo now.

The other day I asked him if any of his opinions have now changed due to his gun ownership.  He actually said yes, he wouldn't support an assault weapons ban anymore or any kind of ammo ban.  He didn't realize how little 4,000 rounds is given his target shooting.  

So yes, their minds can be changed.
View Quote
Define "crazy shit head liberal." From my time here...I can say that some GD regulars idea of a "flaming shit head liberal" is the average persons idea of a conservative person.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My local gun shop told me tons of libtards are coming in buying handsguns and AR's to protect themselves against Literally Hitler

When we get a Dem anti-gun president again do you think they will stand up for gun rights since they own one or gladly turn them in for the progressive cause??
View Quote

They're probably antifa arming themselves to shoot anyone they consider to be a "nazi"

Quoted:

View Quote
That too.  Same way that anti-fa is against the freedom of speech for anyone who's not alt-left.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Nope.

They will go back to drinking Starbucks and happy to turn in their firearms because it is the right thing to do for the children.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I think they are a small minority of the left.  Of that minority, some will support the 2A and some will not.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top