User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:38:14 PM EST
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Define "crazy shit head liberal." From my time here...I can say that some GD regulars idea of a "flaming shit head liberal" is the average persons idea of a conservative person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My father in law is a flaming shit head liberal.  We fight all the time about politics. He now owns an M&P 15-22 and a M&P Shield that he bought in the last few months.  He bought a year long membership to the local gun club.  He shoots twice a week.  He owns about 4,000 rounds of ammo now.

The other day I asked him if any of his opinions have now changed due to his gun ownership.  He actually said yes, he wouldn't support an assault weapons ban anymore or any kind of ammo ban.  He didn't realize how little 4,000 rounds is given his target shooting.  

So yes, their minds can be changed.
Define "crazy shit head liberal." From my time here...I can say that some GD regulars idea of a "flaming shit head liberal" is the average persons idea of a conservative person.
Voted for Obama twice, voted for Bernie then voted for Hillary, believes in universal health care, believes all college should be free, believes more government is better then less government, etc etc.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:42:11 PM EST
[#2]
Quoted:

Voted for Obama twice, voted for Bernie then voted for Hillary, believes in universal health care, believes all college should be free, believes more government is better then less government, etc etc.
View Quote
Ah...then it sounds like an accurate description of him.  Free college, lol. I love to hear the argument in support of that one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:44:54 PM EST
[#3]
Quoted:
LOL

No.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:45:45 PM EST
[#4]
Some will certainly come to the pro 2a side. Some are already there. A great many others though will not.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:48:18 PM EST
[#5]
Quoted:
No.

Simply buying a gun doesn't suddenly turn a leftist into a pro-2A strict Constitutionalist; all a leftist buying a gun means is now they're an armed leftist...who still doesn't like you.

Which is one of the reasons why I won't teach any of them how to shoot either.
View Quote
Exactly! It's why I don't teach any of them to shoot either. The leftists rabidly attack the second amendment and any agenda they don't agree with so fuck them!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:48:47 PM EST
[#6]
Will.you get any smarter if that happens?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:49:30 PM EST
[#7]
Quoted:
I laugh at all of the idiots that think just because someone owns a gun, their values must be pro-Constitution, or will magically change in that direction.
View Quote
Gun laws, any law for that matter, do not apply to them, the laws apply to you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:50:41 PM EST
[#8]
they'll turn theirs in and the outcry will be anyone who doesn't is a terrorist/nazi/fascist
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:56:06 PM EST
[#9]
Quoted:
I am surprised we haven't heard about a bunch of those idiots killing themselves or others via negligent discharges.
View Quote
They are probably scared of the guns and just put them away in a closet and never touch them after buying them
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:01:19 PM EST
[#10]
I dispute the premise that they are rushing to buy guys in quantity. The firearms market is in a slump if all the crazies losing their minds over Trump were rushing out to buy guns and stacking deep I think there would be a lot more sales than there currently seems to be.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:01:25 PM EST
[#11]
Don't fool yourself for one damn second. Those same liberals will gleefully use their guns to see that yours are taken. THEN they will help load you into the train cars for your trip to the FEMA (re-education) camp.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:02:54 PM EST
[#12]
Quoted:
You have to consider the Progressive Liberal mindset:

They will be anti-2A but they won't turn their guns in, no, they will not only believe they are the exception to the rule they will demand it.
View Quote
How will they implement different gun control laws from person to person based on political affiliation?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:03:24 PM EST
[#13]
Poll fail.  Liberals have no problem with breaking laws. They just won't comply, they're doing it now. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:04:31 PM EST
[#14]
Poll fail.  No option for:  "they will maintain their anti-gun status publicly, but will not turn in their guns, even if they are made illegal".  Nearly all libtards are hypocrites; it is one of their defining characteristics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:05:44 PM EST
[#15]
Quoted:
Exactly! It's why I don't teach any of them to shoot either. The leftists rabidly attack the second amendment and any agenda they don't agree with so fuck them!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Simply buying a gun doesn't suddenly turn a leftist into a pro-2A strict Constitutionalist; all a leftist buying a gun means is now they're an armed leftist...who still doesn't like you.

Which is one of the reasons why I won't teach any of them how to shoot either.
Same here, I absolutely will not train one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:06:00 PM EST
[#16]
Quoted:
Poll fail.  No option for:  "they will maintain their anti-gun status publicly, but will not turn in their guns, even if they are made illegal".  Nearly all libtards are hypocrites; it is one of their defining characteristics.
View Quote
Would you turn in yours if made illegal?

No need to answer, it's a rhetorical question, unless I'm way off the mark and the answer is yes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:17:08 PM EST
[#17]
Quoted:
Nope, they honestly believe they get the clinton option.....  you know, laws don't apply to them cause they are the left.....  
View Quote
This right here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:28:25 PM EST
[#18]
Some will inevitably be sucked into gun culture and move a little further right.  Most will not.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:36:50 PM EST
[#19]
Sell them at pennies on the dollar to the government for destruction.
Use the proceeds to buy weed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:38:56 PM EST
[#20]
The Lefties buying guns are arming themselves so that they can kill you if you continue to stand in the way of their Leftist utopia. Don't ever think otherwise. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:34:03 PM EST
[#21]
Quoted:
Ah...then it sounds like an accurate description of him.  Free college, lol. I love to hear the argument in support of that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His argument is that when we made high school free and mandatory for everyone it raised the decency of living across the nation to new highs.  He literarily said it worked for the high school grades why wouldn't it work for college.  My counter argument was that a high school degree is basically worthless because everyone has one.  So if everyone had a BS or BA it would also then become next to worthless.  So you are back at square one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:50:00 PM EST
[#22]
Quoted:
His argument is that when we made high school free and mandatory for everyone it raised the decency of living across the nation to new highs.  He literarily said it worked for the high school grades why wouldn't it work for college.  My counter argument was that a high school degree is basically worthless because everyone has one.  So if everyone had a BS or BA it would also then become next to worthless.  So you are back at square one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's pretty much that way already.

If we say at any given time there are 2 good jobs, 5 ok jobs, and 1 bad job.

We have 10 people.  If 7 go to college, then they will take them 2 good jobs and the 5 ok jobs. Of those that don't go, 1 will take the bad job and 2 will be unemployed.

If all 10 go to college, there are still only 8 jobs and 2 are still unemployed.

So everyone may be more educated, but the job situation is still the same.  The only difference is that now they are in debt and unemployed, whereas In his free college scenario they are just unemployed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:50:42 PM EST
[#23]
I'm 33 now, but I used to be really liberal when I was a teenager. My exposure to very conservative/libertarian viewpoints through joining various gun boards gradually turned me into a conservative, though I'm sure that landing a decent job and paying "real" taxes helped a lot with that, as my tolerance for fiscal waste and welfare leeches grew less and less over time as I worked for my own dollar.

Part if it wouldn't have even come about unless I had started buying guns at the age of 19/20. I'm ashamed to admit it now, but my very liberal younger self believed there was a chance that Bush would lose the 2004 election and would not turn over power to Kerry (lol).

I started out being one of the young liberal trolls on several gun forums, and eventually learned to shut up and listen to the older members who had built businesses, lives, and generally knew more about living than I did.

I'm not saying that this will happen to every leftist who buys guns, but it may for some.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:13:42 PM EST
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm 33 now, but I used to be really liberal when I was a teenager. My exposure to very conservative/libertarian viewpoints through joining various gun boards gradually turned me into a conservative, though I'm sure that landing a decent job and paying "real" taxes helped a lot with that, as my tolerance for fiscal waste and welfare leeches grew less and less over time as I worked for my own dollar.

Part if it wouldn't have even come about unless I had started buying guns at the age of 19/20. I'm ashamed to admit it now, but my very liberal younger self believed there was a chance that Bush would lose the 2004 election and would not turn over power to Kerry (lol).

I started out being one of the young liberal trolls on several gun forums, and eventually learned to shut up and listen to the older members who had built businesses, lives, and generally knew more about living than I did.

I'm not saying that this will happen to every leftist who buys guns, but it may for some.
View Quote
As Winston Churchill said "anyone who is not a liberal at 20 years of age has no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 has no head"

Not sure what that says about the younger me though
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:16:57 PM EST
[#25]
I know a few liberal gun owners who favor gun bans and have the guns for me not for thee attitude, they don't want us to legally have them but its okay for them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:23:55 PM EST
[#26]
There are a bunch of libtard gun owners on arfcom who openly support background checks, full auto restrictions, suppressor restrictions and many other anti 2A policies. Some of them are turncoat LEOs!!!

One of them will claim she is a "classical liberal", whatever the hell that means.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:24:43 PM EST
[#27]
I have no problem with the left exercising their 2A rights. I only ask in return that they accept the right exercising their 1A rights. Is that fair?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:26:33 PM EST
[#28]
FPNI
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:28:55 PM EST
[#29]
Quoted:
There are a bunch of libtard gun owners on arfcom who openly support background checks, full auto restrictions, suppressor restrictions and many other anti 2A policies. Some of them are turncoat LEOs!!!

One of them will claim she is a "classical liberal", whatever the hell that means.
View Quote
"Classical liberal" means conservative or even more so libertarian.  Not liberal at all, just the opposite.  She literally cannot be that if she supports gun control.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:29:34 PM EST
[#30]
Radical liberals like Anti-Fa will buy guns and use them to murder people who disagree with them. In short they will become a terrorist group. Moderate liberals will buy guns to protect themselves, but they still feel they are the only ones responsible to have guns, and nobody else should have them. And classic liberals are totally anti-gun because they don't trust themselves to have guns because they know they are crazy and might kill some random people for not agreeing with them, and they think everyone else is just as crazy as they are, so nobody should have guns besides the well trained police and military. Anyways, the crazy liberals buying guns will use them to kill people to push their agenda of creating a communist government. Once their objective is achieved, they will happily turn in all their guns for their Utopia.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:33:02 PM EST
[#31]
Quoted:

They can be anti-2A and still keep their guns. The poll is flawed.

They just don't want YOU to have guns.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:33:05 PM EST
[#32]
Quoted:
"Classical liberal" means conservative or even more so libertarian.  Not liberal at all, just the opposite.  She literally cannot be that if she supports gun control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The quintessential "classical liberal" is TJ.

“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness,
enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind.
Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.” - TJ
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:39:27 PM EST
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... real retarded right!!!!???

They are among us!!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:04:15 PM EST
[#34]
They think they will get a crack at killing us with them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:10:54 PM EST
[#35]
I didn't vote because your poll lacked the obvious answer. Liberals want guns to use against everyone they oppose, not because they believe in the second amendment. They are communists and they want to abolish our Constitution and our republic form of government. Once they achieve their goals, they'd gladly accept gun bans and bans on liberty. Except they will probably keep their illegal guns just because they believe that laws only apply to other people.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top