Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/28/2014 4:43:37 PM EDT
I have begun wearing mine pretty much all the time. I used to leave it on the table here in my den with my other edc items, but lately I have just been compelled to always have my primary on me. Is this too much cray cray, or what a lot of you also do?

It is an XD .45 in FDE btw.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm in street clothes I generally keep it on, but in a hoodie and sweats it's close by. I'm not that paranoid.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't, but should
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually leave mine on me when I come back home

If I had never left the house I always have something close
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
nope....
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If I had to do that - it would be a clear indication that its time to move.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Got a cheap holster with strap & a 1-1/4 nylon sling as a belt, so's I can carry my Sig 220 around with me everywhere in my place.  Never know when the zombies are gonna strike.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]
a few seconds away
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a cheap holster with strap & a 1-1/4 nylon sling as a belt, so's I can carry my Sig 220 around with me everywhere in my place.  Never know when the zombies are gonna strike.
View Quote

See he gets it!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
If I have on pants, I have a gun.

The end.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope, but if someone decides to kick the door down, I will be sure to let them know someone is home
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I had to do that - it would be a clear indication that its time to move.
View Quote

Bad things only happen in bad areas?

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#12]
When I'm out on the property, yep. If I'm in for the night, it's nearby but not on me.

Sunday I spent the day in the shop. I OC my G17. It's more of tactical dress up while doing chores than anything. The rest of the time, I CC a G26.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#13]
LCP in my pocket right now. The only time I'm not carrying it is when I'm showering or sleeping.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I do. Pistolwear holsters are great for home carry and do not require a belt.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
If I have my clothes on it is on me. If I am naked then it is nearby. If I make a habit of not carrying it then I will not have it when I need it. If I make a habit of carrying it then I will have it when I need it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I always have a .45 within reach at the house.  It might be on my hip, or it might be sitting on the table next to me, but it's always there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have begun wearing mine pretty much all the time. I used to leave it on the table here in my den with my other edc items, but lately I have just been compelled to always have my primary on me. Is this too much cray cray, or what a lot of you also do?

View Quote

why 'ontcha come a knockin' and find out
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Most of the time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#20]
No, but I keep them accessible at all times.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Pants on ? Check

not in the office? Check.

yea i got a gun
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Yea usually (live way in country, not in ghetto)
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which version do you use?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably not the best line to use with the OP....

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If I have on pants, I have a gun.

The end.
View Quote

Amen, I live way out in the country.... Evil people will do evil things. Period!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes, G19 on me at all times. If I am at home, my AR is close to me as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Street clothes = Gun on my hip.
PJ's or sweats = within arms reach.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#28]
ive seen evil eye to eye. I am always armed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump card without the shoulder strap. Carrying a P229 in it right now while wearing sweat pants.

eta: At waist level, not under my arm like the website shows.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#30]
my little Kahr PM9 disappears in my pocket, so I just leave it there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Not there yet... Something always close though...
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#33]
On my hip or within arms reach.  I don't care what I am called.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I live in a good area and have had 2 houses in my area had their doors kicked in during the day. I carry everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Not on me, but the answer is yes, more so than when out. Just my circumstances.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Shit seems to go down at night and at peoples homes so yeah.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#38]
When i'm at home i dress like this 24/7 you never know when you might need to fight a world war.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#39]
AR within reach.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#40]
My Sig P220 is on my hip whenever I'm up and around in the house or on the property. During the night, the P220 is on the nightstand and the Rock River Elite is propped up in the corner.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I live in a good area and have had 2 houses in my area had their doors kicked in during the day. I carry everywhere.
View Quote

I live in a "good area" and we had a drug related drive by homicide..real close by in broad daylight..
Damn drug trash skanks and the landlords that rent to them!

Neither Perp nor "victim" lived around here. "Victim"was visiting girlfriend (one of said skanks).
Still unsolved the perp was last seen driving away in a Cadillac Escalade.On the positive side AFTER the homicide the skanks WERE evicted!

Why I usually keep more then just a "handgun" at the ready...

So just walking around the house? Not so much..answering the door/gate on the other hand...ALWAYS!

FWIW home invasions happen VERY quickly usually perps gain entry in less then one or two minutes if your door frames are not reinforced if you have no alarms gates/bars/dogs or worse yet you just open the door for anyone who knocks and let them in you are truly screwed! Nowadays its realy not too paranoid to always carry even at home. I've read about cops going to the aftermath of a bad home invasion and never not carrying at home after what they saw..watch some you tube/live leak vids of home invasions, they will truly creep you out.Usually nowadays its MULTIPLE perps.. 5 shot j frame or Ruger .380 LCP might not be enough...rifles and shotguns or at least full size full capacity pistols FTW! OPSEC and all but I keep ALL nearby me, pretty much all the time.

Where I live my place is all reinforced/ kind of fort like; beefed up door frame/alarm/dog/gate/fence etc. the place survived a cat 4 hurricane didint lose so much as a shingle LOL! As well the police/fire have about a 5 minute response time or less once they are called...

Not a bad area as I have a Doctor that lives right across the street from me, the rest of the area is made up of similar types and retired professionals/entrepreneurs even an artist/painter with an art school she has  students enrolled in overseas and there are muliti million dollar estates on the water just down the road a piece from me, but yeah shit does happen everywhere these days.

Tend to carry around home during hurricane season if one is coming as we've had people casing the neighborhood that I had to
give the stinkeye to who were driving around to see who is staying and who is going. Of course me and my neighbor ALWAYS stay here
to guard the hood and he's got a brand new Spikes he just built that he'd just love to try out on any wannabe looters LOL!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#42]
S&W 625-2 on my hip right now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

And here all this time I've been wasting my money on professionally-made, fitted holsters...
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Nope.  There is always one pretty close though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Trump card without the shoulder strap. Carrying a P229 in it right now while wearing sweat pants.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the PT 1 that I run and bike with.  Carry a Glock 26 in it.  Don't wear it in the house.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Hell no!!  I just went sailing and lost every single gun.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I posted not long ago about hearing somebody (or so I thought) in my garage, and how foolish I felt for having to run to the bedroom to retrieve a gun, instead of having it on me.

Well, guess what... I still don't wear it when I'm at home.  

One reason is that my holsters require a belt, and often I'm wearing sweatpants or something else that I can't or don't want to wear a belt with.  Also, AFAIK, there has never been a forcible entry in my neighborhood - although I fully realize that it could happen.  The bottom line is that I've made the decision, for the time being, that it isn't worth it... but every time the subject comes up here, I think about finding a way to comfortably carry around the house.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#49]
I've got a small one around the house so the safest and most accessible in on my hip while I'm awake.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I posted not long ago about hearing somebody (or so I thought) in my garage, and how foolish I felt for having to run to the bedroom to retrieve a gun, instead of having it on me.

Well, guess what... I still don't wear it when I'm at home.  

One reason is that my holsters require a belt, and often I'm wearing sweatpants or something else that I can't or don't want to wear a belt with.  Also, AFAIK, there has never been a forcible entry in my neighborhood - although I fully realize that it could happen.  The bottom line is that I've made the decision, for the time being, that it isn't worth it... but every time the subject comes up here, I think about finding a way to comfortably carry around the house.

View Quote

Remora holster doesn't require a belt. I carry inside my sweatpants all the time around the house, stays put and I can draw the weapon if needed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top