Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/2/2006 7:24:15 AM EDT
With Kerry's attempted swipe at Dubya, and Dean saying "Bush is the most incompetent president we've had in our lifetime..."

Whatever happened to the slightest hint of respect for the office of the President? I don't remember Republicans calling Clinton the "Rapist in Chief" or President Skirtlifter or anything like that...

What happened to common decency? And one day... what are the Dems going to say when their boy is in office and the Republicans are saying the same things about their President...?

We live in some ridiculous times my friends.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#1]
If the shoe fits, wear it.

The president is a public servant, not an office due "Respect" unless you're in the military.

I have no problem saying that Clinton was a lying, disrespectful piece of libtard trash.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
To Dems, hating on Bush is just like hating the war but "respecting the warriors."  They lust for the office and hate anyone else who has it.

In the final analysis, they are liars and thieves.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Whatever happened to the slightest hint of respect for the office of the President? I don't remember Republicans calling Clinton the "Rapist in Chief" or President Skirtlifter or anything like that...

Are you talking about republicans in general, or elected officials?  I believe it is inappropriate for elected officials to not refer to him by his title - but for the general population, I think all bets are off.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If the shoe fits, wear it.

The president is a public servant, not an office due "Respect" unless you're in the military.

I have no problem saying that Clinton was a lying, disrespectful piece of libtard trash.

I disagree, the President is the Commander in Chief of the military. He is due a modicum of respect.

Also, you are not (to my knowledge) a public servant or anything. This isn't about talking heads on TV or political cartoons or you or I calling someone an idiot... These are high-ranking political figures, slinging arrows at the leader of the free world.

And when Chavez calls Bush the "Devil" they circle the wagons.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:29:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you talking about republicans in general, or elected officials?  I believe it is inappropriate for elected officials to not refer to him by his title - but for the general population, I think all bets are off.  

Agreed, I tried to clarify in my later post.

The elected officials trashing the President are really who I am targeting with this thread.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Whatever happened to the slightest hint of respect for the office of the President?

It was last respected with Reagan...........and all respect was lost with Clinton.

It's that simple.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Elected officials used to act with dignity and class and fade into the sunset with a change in leadership for the most part. Especially ex-Presidents. But Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton have made it fashionable to act like trailer trash post-presidency. Does ANYONE think that GWB will be doing the circuit and slamming a future pres like those two buffoons have? GHB sure didn't do it. Nor did Reagan, or Ford, or etc...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I personally do not feel that I should respect anyone that I don't know or have a reason to. Respect is something that is gained, it is not included when you become elected president. Many presidents have gained the respect of their citizens in our county's past. Clinton and Bush are probably not good examples. They BOTH lied to us, and actually, Bush's lie was much worse: people died. Clinton lied about his personal life, something that really shouldn't matter, unless your some puritan prude who is all about sex after marriage and that junk. The funny thing with those people are, most of them break their own rules... Clinton has more respect from me than the moron who is our president now. And yeah, he's our commander in chief... GOD SAVE US!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
With Kerry's attempted swipe at Dubya, and Dean saying "Bush is the most incompetent president we've had in our lifetime..."

What happened to common decency? And one day... what are the Dems going to say when their boy is in office and the Republicans are saying the same things about their President...?

I didn't read any of the other replys but i agree.  I have argued with many people about Buch and other political things.  I have even argued with Canadians when i was visiting friends up there.  In my arguments I always say one thing.  

"No matter if I agree with what our President is doing, he is still our President and desirves my and every Americans respect."

WE elected him and gave him his job.  NO President has ever made every American agree/like them, this is impossible to do.  Trying to lead America has to be one of the most dificult tasks an American can face.  For doing so, he has my respect.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, I personally do not feel that I should respect anyone that I don't know or have a reason to. Respect is something that is gained, it is not included when you become elected president. Many presidents have gained the respect of their citizens in our county's past. Clinton and Bush are probably not good examples. They BOTH lied to us, and actually, Bush's lie was much worse: people died. Clinton lied about his personal life, something that really shouldn't matter, unless your some puritan prude who is all about sex after marriage and that junk. The funny thing with those people are, most of them break their own rules... Clinton has more respect from me than the moron who is our president now. And yeah, he's our commander in chief... GOD SAVE US!

Go back to DU please!

How many times do we have to slap you guys around about the whole "Bush lied people died" thing???
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#11]
As a member of the military, I have profound respect for the position and would follow orders without question, but I do not respect the man.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#12]
If you remember correctly, MORE people voted against bush...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Please do go away. Adults are talking. KTHXBYE
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]
The first time anyway...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Why defend him? Do you really think he is a good president? (I do think kerry is an idiot... most people probably do though)
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The problem is that Bush goes on national TV and fucks our language, without lube.

Its come to a point where you're hard pressed to find anyone, who thinks Bush was the best man for the job. Lesser of two evils, yes. Both times. But thats not much consolation.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#18]
btw macman, those pink ribbons are for middle aged women, or senior citizens... Are you like 80 years old?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Why defend him? Do you really think he is a good president? (I do think kerry is an idiot... most people probably do though)

Actually, I started this thread to discuss the office of the President, and how the current occupier of said office is being insulted regularly by elected officials, whereas Billy-Jeff Clinton got treated with kid gloves comparatively, even as he screwed up constantly throughout his eight year term as President.

Your user name is appropriate.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
btw macman, those pink ribbons are for middle aged women, or senior citizens... Are you like 80 years old?

You really are ignorant aren't you?

They're to support breast cancer research you flaming moron.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:55:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I know this is a "gun" site, and I'm a "gun guy", and I know that liberals aren't very gun friendly, or at least I'm told... But does that mean you are ALL conservative? I think 99 percent of the people on this sight are conservative...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#22]
OK, I would be a moron if i didn't know that, but I do, so get a ribbon for prostate cancer or something you lance armstrong loving sissy!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh god, your a red-wings fan too... This is worse than I thought...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:]
Actually, I started this thread to discuss the office of the President, and how the current occupier of said office is being insulted regularly by elected officials

Snipped to focus on that point.

The position should be respected, absolutely.

The man can be slammed, but I think everyone is best served by waiting until he leaves office.

Citizens have a different set of rules. We should be able to slam any elected official.

Elected officials should not lower themselves to that level. Mudslingers should be tossed out of office ASAP. Find a solution, don't add to the problems.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Mods... how much rope does this idiot need?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Oh god, your a red-wings fan too... This is worse than I thought...

ROFL. Blues fan?

Don't worry, you'll get an NHL franchise in St. Louis soon enough!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
"Bush is the most incompetent president we've had in our lifetime..."

I guess Dean was born in 1981.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Mods... how much rope does this idiot need?

Assuming you're talking about the other guy and not me I was going to "report" one of his posts but I decided not to since I could conceivably have snared a troll that could have made this thread go to 100 pages...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Give him a break.  He disagrees with you. Debate him, don't dismiss him.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
OK, I would be a moron if i didn't know that, but I do, so get a ribbon for prostate cancer or something you lance armstrong loving sissy!

Hey sperm-burper, one of the ladies on this site is fighting off breast cancer. The ribbons you see are to offer her support.

But I suppose a mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging nimrod such as yourself wouldn't understand that.

Have a good time here. It won't be long.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Debate a 3-year old?

But Daddy... I don't wanna stop drinking the Koolaid!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Eh? I debated. He, like many liberal idiots, changes the subject every time you try to debate them on a subject.

He's one of the weakest liberal trolls I've ever had the "pleasure" to "converse" with.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#34]
"Well, I personally do not feel that I should respect anyone that I don't know or have a reason to. Respect is something that is gained, it is not included when you become elected president. Many presidents have gained the respect of their citizens in our county's past. Clinton and Bush are probably not good examples."
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I know this is a "gun" site, and I'm a "gun guy", and I know that liberals aren't very gun friendly, or at least I'm told... But does that mean you are ALL conservative? I think 99 percent of the people on this sight are conservative...

No, we have a wide range of political ideologies here.  However, I would be willing to bet that 99% of our members here are better informed than those who get their talking points from sound byte, hyperbole-laced, bumperstickers based on selective memory.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Let's not pretend people did not give Clinton shit. I never voted for the man but I remeber him being refered to as Slick Willy and generaly being bashed about. Bottom line is whoever is in office is going to get shit slung at them.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#37]
The office deserves respect, IMHO. The man who holds that may be a different story. Anyone remember GWB try to give the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, a back rub during the G-8 Summit in July? (watch the video). What was he thinking?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#38]
InsurgentSlime drugged and groped me!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#39]
gropage... mmm...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Well I for one plan on calling Hillary alot of disrepectful things if she gets elect in 08.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#41]
I good 'ol lincoln was around, he'd be a blues.... maybe blackhawks fan!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#42]
I have to admit, I hate watching the news, and I don't really talk too much to people who do, or at least about it. I guess I just can't trust what I hear on TV... Everyone says this station is this, or don't listen to the communist news network, or that isn't true, blah blah blah. How do any of you really know what the hell is true? Of course we know when they play a recording of the poor bastard saying whatever dumb stuff they do, but is it really in context? I've hear clips where Clinton, Hillary, Both Bushes, and pretty much everyone else have made idiots of themselves... What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#43]
And Kerry of course, duh.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:25:37 AM EDT
[#44]
God I hate bumper stickers... ESPECIALLY political ones...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Bush still won the election fairly.
Read up on Arrow's Impossibility Theorem for more info.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#46]
You're right, it was "fair" because the rules were followed. But doesn't this and other close elections show that we should go with popular vote? It still makes no sense that MORE PEOPLE voted GORE than BUSH, and bush wins? I understand the system, but that is SOOO STUPID!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's not pretend people did not give Clinton shit. I never voted for the man but I remeber him being refered to as Slick Willy and generaly being bashed about. Bottom line is whoever is in office is going to get shit slung at them.

Of course not. But nor did I hear elected officials calling Clinton anything too bad... Slick Willy was something that followed him from his governorship of Arkansas.

In short, as I said in a later post, Nobody was calling Clinton the "Rapist in Chief" or anything equivalent to insulting GWB's intelligence...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Repubeican or Demorat ( ) One sends us to war with the wrong people for profit and personal revenge in the name of freedom the other damns us to failure and insults us ... how long are we going to let both of these groups of vampires divide the people of the United States against one another.

Wake up! Trust God. Not these idiots.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You're right, it was "fair" because the rules were followed. But doesn't this and other close elections show that we should go with popular vote? It still makes no sense that MORE PEOPLE voted GORE than BUSH, and bush wins? I understand the system, but that is SOOO STUPID!!!

Again, Arrow's Impossibility theorem applies.
There is no method of voting that is consistently fair and consistently democratic.
There will always be anomalies.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#50]
gotcha, but I just want to say AMEN nasty nate!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top