Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/6/2016 3:20:04 AM EDT
Anyone bought Kirkland brand winter clothing before from Costco? Snow pants/softshells/jackets

Quality?
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 3:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
If they're anything like their dress shirts, they look and feel cheap, and they're poor-fitting.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 3:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
lots of folks swear by their jeans and khakis.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 3:39:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If they're anything like their dress shirts, they look and feel cheap, and they're poor-fitting.
View Quote
Agreed.

The Kirkland dress pants are weirdly cut as well. Must be a lot of squat motherfuckers with very small packages.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 4:15:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Imagine all the ladies you'll get with those kirkland jeans on........jeans out of a huge carboard bin are the best jeans.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

this....

big box stores are not the place to buy clothes...

Every article of clothing i've ever bought has fitted so poorly they often times got worn once and ended up in the donation bin...(always forgot to return them).

Some things fit so poorly Im thinking they are factory seconds or thirds.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Lookin' like boss though, in head to toe Costco.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#7]
You get what you pay for.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a few of the softshells. Built nice, fit great.

Costco stuff is just sized in real sizes, so you have to buy by actual tape measurement, not what you "normally buy" and run average sized, so if you have a "black guy ass" it's not going to fit in the pants which is the issue I have, otherwise they'd be the only jeans I bought for non-trying to impress people things like outdoor work and such.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Softshell's are the only thing I've bought from there as far as clothes. They've held up good so far and fit fine.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I get Kirkland branded socks there. I seem to get good service from them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I get Kirkland branded socks there. I seem to get good service from them.
View Quote

This.  Winter socks, boot socks - I've never had any issues.  Soft shells for warmer winter days - also okay, but I had to examine the stitching to find the perfect one, because quite a few were loosely stitched.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Softshell's are the only thing I've bought from there as far as clothes. They've held up good so far and fit fine.
View Quote

Back when they used to carry Black Diamond soft shells they got great.  After 2 years of huge sales they started making the Kirkland ones, which are very odd fit.  Tight in shoulders, longer sleeves, I can't wear them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had fine luck with their jeans and dress shirts. They run a little smaller/tighter than other brands in the same labeled sizes, but I keep a few of their plain white dress shirts in the rotation for wear under suit coats, and I buy their jeans for weekends around the house.  No need to spend name-brand money on stuff like that, for me anyway.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#14]
OP, just find the best brand of clothing you want then go on eBay and buy them for 60-90% off.  I got five pairs of banana republic khakis/dress pants for $85 shipped on eBay.  retail was $60 each.

nobody buys clothing on eBay so it s cheap and shit if they list it as an auction.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

I bought about a half dozen, NWT, wool dress slacks in different colors from ebay.  

Made in Italy.  Good quality.  No complaints.

Also, I have a soft shell I bought from Costco a few years ago for like $20.  For $20?  Would buy again.

Only pockets are the side pockets.  No interior or sleeve pockets.

Also, dress shirts are okay. Not great, but okay. On par with what you'd get from a mid-tier department store.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Their plain white undershirts are pretty rockstar.  Can't speak for their other offerings, though.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Agreed.  

The Kirkland dress pants are weirdly cut as well. Must be a lot of squat motherfuckers with very small packages.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  

I think they're European cut.  At least the ones I bought were.

Since I'm a 34x30 (with a massive package) they fit me fine.

I dress to the right, if that helps your assessment.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Their "chino" pants are great. The fit and cut are great for business casual, some chinos I bought at various mall shops fit and look too casual. Difficult to explain, but easily seen.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  

European cut and massive package----i'm calling BS.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I have had good luck with their jeans. Through normal daily wear, I can get about 5 years out of a pair, before they start going to shit. I am 5'11" (6'0" with my back adjusted), they fit me just fine, in all areas, including junk. YMMV though...
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I've noticed significant variations in their dress shirts of exact same labeled size with different colors. Sleeve length is inconsistent. I'm a tall guy and need a dress shirt to have proper fit or I look like a lerp.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  

GD =

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.  

I'll take your word for it - career checks out...

http://m.newser.com/story/208807/anesthesiologist-mocked-sedated-patient-pays-big.html

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Been wearing their jeans for years, have a outcoat that has been nice and warm.

Tried their socks, didn't like, to short for me, so I buy gold toe socks now, but am happy with their jeans.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#25]
It's cheaply built but good for burning up.

I have the jackets and some shirts embroidered with my logo for me and my two part timers. It works.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  

I'll take your word for it - career checks out...

http://m.newser.com/story/208807/anesthesiologist-mocked-sedated-patient-pays-big.html

LoL. That's horrible.  I make fun of my fellow healthcare workers, never patients.

And you promoted me--I'm a nurse anesthetist, but I do lot's of GI cases.  

You sir, are deplorable.  

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I buy there jeans for work pants and they hold up well
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I buy there jeans for work pants and they hold up well
View Quote

I do the same and I agree. Plus they stretch!

When they have them Costco has a sheep skin type lined hoodie that is about a fifth the price of a Carhartt one and warmer. They changed them this year and the sizes are all weird but they are still nice.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#29]
The $20 softshell is a bargain.

I need to hit my softshell again with some Nikwax spray for this season.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Only their undershirts and v necks, impressed.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Their "chino" pants are great. The fit and cut are great for business casual, some chinos I bought at various mall shops fit and look too casual. Difficult to explain, but easily seen.
View Quote

Agree.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I really like their T shirts, socks and jeans. I also like their "cool" brand synthetic T shirts, they work great under a vest and uniform all day.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#33]
The Kirkland T shirts are pretty good.
I pretty much wear a black t-shirt every day and have found the kirkland ones to be very durable
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a couple friends that were comparing the Kirkland softshells to the Cabelas brand softshells...seems extremely similar, but not the same.  Might be coming from the same factory?
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#35]
They are selling Orvis brand sweaters for ~$20 that normally go for $90 at my local Costco. Their $12 flannels are pretty good for kicking around.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a soft-shell jacket. I like it, as it does it's job for a fraction of what a reputable brand would cost you.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Costco sold a shitton of Levi 514 jeans and I picked up a couple of pair...really bad quality, seams cut wrong, same size pants fit differently. How did Levi (Chicom) let that happen?
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't buy much winter gear being here in Florida.
Most of the clothing I have bought at Costco has been fine.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#39]
With Costco if you don't like it or it doesn't fit, just take it back even 6 months later.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You get what you pay for.
View Quote
Your statement also applies to situations where you get ripped off.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#41]
The soft shell is Columbia.

The undershirts are good. I use the sneakers at work where anything I buy lasts a year before being worn out. The sweaters are THE SHIT! Awesome and warm, been lasting and haven't shrunk like my sweaters normally do.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#42]
I just went and checked

They had Gerry outwear like snow pants and parkas, $30 for fleece lined stuff with zip cuffs etc. Gerry is an original in outdoor gear.  Fleece tops too.
Orvis button up barn coats for $30
Adidas hoodies

They cary decent name brands for a decent price

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I have a few of their flannels they hold up great. Also gym shorts
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#44]
I will no longer by men's trousers in the Kirkland brand.  Every pair has a zipper that is about 1.5 inches shorter than every other brand of trousers I have.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I grabbed a soft shell for $20.  Keep it in the truck as a spare jacket.  It's been good.  

My only advice - don't buy Kirkland brand expecting Arcteryx.  Understand the money you spend and the product you receive.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OP, just find the best brand of clothing you want then go on eBay and buy them for 60-90% off.  I got five pairs of banana republic khakis/dress pants for $85 shipped on eBay.  retail was $60 each.

nobody buys clothing on eBay so it s cheap and shit if they list it as an auction.
View Quote

Counterfeit.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Love their jeans.  Better fitting than Wranglers and about the same price.  Levi's just plain suck in the fit period.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Back when they used to carry Black Diamond soft shells they got great..
View Quote

I love mine.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, same here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top