Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/15/2001 9:25:03 AM EDT
It is my understanding that with a class 3 license you can legally own both full auto and silenced weapons, is this correct? Also, how hard was it to get and where do I get the paper work.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:29:29 AM EDT
I was just going to ask this! Also, what states allow this. I live in WI and was thinking about getting a gemtech for my 92fs. thanks ARben
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:38:19 AM EDT
Class III is a license for dealers who sell NFA items(full auto and sound suppressors) if I'm not mistaken, it's the dealer type you must seek out once you've gotten all your forms inorder or want to get all the facts straight before you start jumping through the various hoops like: getting the correct forms, getting the head law enforcement official to sign off on your request, getting the forms sent off to the BATF, getting fingerprinted, and whatever else is mandated. It's not you who gets the Class III license unless you're looking to be a dealer of NFA goodies.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:39:27 AM EDT
Depending on where you live, you can own suppressors and full-auto weapons [i]without[/i] a Class III dealers license. All the dealers license does is eliminate the rigamarole of going through the "chief law enforcement officer" approval and the background check requirement. You still have to pay the $200 transfer tax, even as a dealer. Some states, however, do not allow private citizens to possess (legally) FA weapons or suppressors. I'm not sure which states those are, though. Arizona allows both.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:00:11 AM EDT
Good topic to brag on. I just sent out my form 4 to the ATF today. Time to wait 3+ months until my baby is 100% mine.
Top Top