Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 9:25:03 AM EDT
It is my understanding that with a class 3 license you can legally own both full auto and silenced weapons, is this correct?  Also, how hard was it to get and where do I get the paper work.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I was just going to ask this! Also, what states allow this. I live in WI and was thinking about getting a gemtech for my 92fs.
thanks
ARben
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Class III is a license for dealers who sell NFA items(full auto and sound suppressors) if I'm not mistaken, it's the dealer type you must seek out once you've gotten all your forms inorder or want to get all the facts straight before you start jumping through the various hoops like: getting the correct forms, getting the head law enforcement official to sign off on your request, getting the forms sent off to the BATF, getting fingerprinted, and whatever else is mandated.

It's not you who gets the Class III license unless you're looking to be a dealer of NFA goodies.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on where you live, you can own suppressors and full-auto weapons [i]without[/i] a Class III dealers license.  All the dealers license does is eliminate the rigamarole of going through the "chief law enforcement officer" approval and the background check requirement.  You still have to pay the $200 transfer tax, even as a dealer.  Some states, however, do not allow private citizens to possess (legally) FA weapons or suppressors.  I'm not sure which states those are, though.  Arizona allows both.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Good topic to brag on.  

I just sent out my form 4 to the ATF today.  Time to wait 3+ months until my baby is 100% mine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top