Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/13/2006 2:13:11 PM EDT
Say goodbye to his chocolate salty balls...

link
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
THEN I PULL OUT MY GUN!  If Chef does not come out of the closet I am going to shoot someone!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking crybaby.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]

___________________________________________________________________________________
By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer 1 minute ago

NEW YORK -
Isaac Hayes has quit "South Park," where he voices Chef, saying he can no longer stomach its take on religion.
ADVERTISEMENT

Hayes, who has played the ladies' man/school cook in the animated Comedy Central satire since 1997, said in a statement Monday that he feels a line has been crossed.

"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," the 63-year-old soul singer and outspoken Scientologist said.

"Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored," he continued. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."

"South Park" co-creator Matt Stone responded sharply in an interview with The Associated Press Monday, saying, "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology... He has no problem — and he's cashed plenty of checks — with our show making fun of Christians."

Last November, "South Park" targeted the Church of Scientology and its celebrity followers, including actors
Tom Cruise and
John Travolta, in a top-rated episode called "Trapped in the Closet." In the episode, Stan, one of the show's four mischievous fourth graders, is hailed as a reluctant savior by Scientology leaders, while a cartoon Cruise locks himself in a closet and won't come out.

Stone told The AP he and co-creator Trey Parker "never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin."
___________________________________________________________________________________

Rather diplomatic way to say, "Hey Issac, STFU!".

BC
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
So he quit over Scientology??  

As Eric Cartman would say, he can go get "F'ed in the A"!!

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]

"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," the 63-year-old soul singer and outspoken Scientologist said.

Gee.. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

First, it's not a religion - it's a cult.

Second, he didn't have any problem making money off of shows taking swipes at other religions.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
It'll be interesting to see if his character has a strange demise in the show.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
What a douchebag.  I bet they have fun with it
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Time for a bigger and better Chef
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]
They can get rid of Chef and bring in Chef's long lost brother............
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]
And he just does it now.  I think somebody from the head office called Isaac and reminded him that Scientology had the dirt on him. If he was really "outraged" he would have quit when the show aired.  Sucks too because he had a great voice.  If this ends up killing Southpark, I swear to God I'm going to call the ATF and tell them that the scientologists are making illegal machine guns.  The ATF is currently 1-0 against religious cults.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]
BWAHAHAH HE'S A SCIENTOLOGIST

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If this ends up killing Southpark, I swear to God I'm going to call the ATF and tell them that the scientologists are making illegal machine guns.  The ATF is currently 1-0 against religious cults.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

audition for a voice replacement - plenty of people can fill in...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They can get rid of Chef and bring in Chef's long lost brother............

Introducing...

Ving Rames as ...

Chef Marsellus Wallace!

SBG
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I would never be associated with a show that made fun of BS (mechaStreisand).  Musicals are my religion......

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I would never be associated with a show that made fun of BS (mechaStreisand).  Musicals are my religion......

And nightstalker leaps forth from the closet!

SBG
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#18]
   Chef.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Que?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#20]
See ya!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
BWAHAHAH HE'S A SCIENTOLOGIST

Really,  what a loser.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#22]
bummer. I liked Isaac Hayes, too bad he can't take the jokes like he dishes them out
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I broke the dam.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife and I both broke the damn!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#25]
It kinda sucks but he didnt make the show IMO
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh well.

Max
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Stone told The AP he and co-creator Trey Parker "never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin."

Truer words were never spoken.

Decribes liberals and folks like the REV-hrend JACKKK-Snn to a TEE.

SG
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#28]
He hasn't been on in quite awhile.

They'll manage to get past him leaving. I just wonder whether they'll kill him off or go the route of 'chuck' on happy days.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Que?

I was just getting carried away with it all.  Until someone gores your ox or pokes you in the eye it's all fun and games.  For some people the turn-off could be simply making fun of a beloved person, like Billy Graham or Bob Hope.  You'd think Chef could have figured out, (especially after Team USA) that these guys will gig ANYONE that exposes their soft underbelly of dogma.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Probably.  He needs it for being such a crybaby and a hypocrite.

Maybe the Scientology yacht will capsize with Chef on it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#31]
"Fudge 'em"
One thing you can say about Matt and Trey, they are equal opportunity. Charlie Murphy get's my vote for the new voice of Chef. He's done a recurring character on The Boondocks, who is "ethnically challenged", and does the voice over for the Travis Barkley cell phone commercial.  Isaac Hayes is an ass-hat. Maybe this will inject new vitality to the show.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
And he just does it now.  I think somebody from the head office called Isaac and reminded him that Scientology had the dirt on him. If he was really "outraged" he would have quit when the show aired.  Sucks too because he had a great voice.  If this ends up killing Southpark, I swear to God I'm going to call the ATF and tell them that the scientologists are making illegal machine guns.  The ATF is currently 1-0 against religious cults.

Actually the ATF got their asses handed to them by a religious cult. It was the FBI that had to finish the job the F-troop couldn't do. Either way, scientologists against the ATF... we win either way.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#33]
You know they are going to stick it to him in the "Kill Off" show, or how ever they write him out. They are going to be unmerciful!

It will be a blast!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Not a problem

GM
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Stone and Parker kick ass. I like that instead of saying "Oh well, too bad we lost him" they do the whole "he never bitched when we made fun of other people" line. Nice.

South Park kicks ass.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

He isn't a douchebag but either a giant douche or a turd sandwich.  Poll to follow.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He isn't a douchebag but either a giant douche or a turd sandwich.  Poll to follow.

I thought he was the biggest douche in the universe....or does that other turd sandwich still have that distinction?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Not a problem

GM

Thats a great idea.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Stone and Parker kick ass. I like that instead of saying "Oh well, too bad we lost him" they do the whole "he never bitched when we made fun of other people" line. Nice.

South Park kicks ass.

I do applaud them for not pulling the old "creative differences" bullshit.

Parker and Stone both seem to be straight shooters and cool guys.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Screw you guys I'm going home.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#42]
[Cartman]
Chef is a bitch
He's a real big bitch
He's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world...[/cartman]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#43]
What's funny is that the Tom Cruise stuck in the closet is airing this wednesday. Interesting. No?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought he was the biggest douche in the universe....or does that other turd sandwich still have that distinction?

John Edwards has that distinction still.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It kinda sucks but he didnt make the show IMO

He contributed. I'll miss Chef and all but "Oh Well..."
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer 1 minute ago

NEW YORK -
Isaac Hayes has quit "South Park," where he voices Chef, saying he can no longer stomach its take on religion.
ADVERTISEMENT

Hayes, who has played the ladies' man/school cook in the animated Comedy Central satire since 1997, said in a statement Monday that he feels a line has been crossed.

"Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored," he continued. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."

"South Park" co-creator Matt Stone responded sharply in an interview with The Associated Press Monday, saying, "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology... He has no problem — and he's cashed plenty of checks — with our show making fun of Christians."

Last November, "South Park" targeted the Church of Scientology and its celebrity followers, including actors
Tom Cruise and
John Travolta, in a top-rated episode called "Trapped in the Closet." In the episode, Stan, one of the show's four mischievous fourth graders, is hailed as a reluctant savior by Scientology leaders, while a cartoon Cruise locks himself in a closet and won't come out.

Rather diplomatic way to say, "Hey Issac, STFU!".

BC

Did anyone else read all those quotes to the "chef" voice in your head?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Stupid scientologists...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I'd say Chef will be dying a painful death...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#49]
i bet there are a lot of people out there who can impersonate the chef voice to a T
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#50]
cue in chefs cousin Mr. T
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top