Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch.  Matt and Trey will use this incident to their advantage and roast the scientologists over it.

Chef will get kidnapped and brainwashed on the show then die during a rescue attempt by the boys.  OH my God,  They killed Chef.  Those bastards.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Watch.  Matt and Trey will use this incident to their advantage and roast the scientologists over it.

Chef will get kidnapped and brainwashed on the show then die during a rescue attempt by the boys.  OH my God,  They killed Chef.  Those bastards.  

GM

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Scientologist.......nuff said.

They're only a few hundred years away from its members flying their saucers into someone's biodome.

24th Century ROP'ers.

That's why I draw down on Thetans at will.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like Chef wanted more than "tree-fity" to cover his upper level scientology degree.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#6]
His charachter was trite anyways.  No loss.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum.

That's what was missing...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Mr Hayes was on Opie and Anthony on XM radio a couple of weeks back.  

They asked him about the scientology show and he said that it was no problem.  That"s  just the way Mat and Trey are: nothing is sacred.  If you don't understand that, then you have a problem.

Then, I assume, the robots came and tested him for Theetens (sp) and told him to quit.

^%$^$*cult *(%(%(s
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," the 63-year-old soul singer and outspoken Scientologist said.

Gee.. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

First, it's not a religion - it's a cult.

Second, he didn't have any problem making money off of shows taking swipes at other religions.

Pretty well put right there.  It's a shame Chef was pretty damn funny.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Fudge em.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe it’s just my sense of humor but I think it would be hilarious if they replaced Isaac Hayes with Charley Pride.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait a second Isaac Hayes is gay?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#14]
"Stick'em in your mouth and suck'em!"
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Asshole.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Mr Hayes was on Opie and Anthony on XM radio a couple of weeks back.  

They asked him about the scientology show and he said that it was no problem.  That"s  just the way Mat and Trey are: nothing is sacred.  If you don't understand that, then you have a problem.

Then, I assume, the robots came and tested him for Theetens (sp) and told him to quit.

^%$^$*cult *(%(%(s

+1

I thought I heard that on a rebroadcast. Sudden change of heart?

I'm gonna miss Chef, but I'm sure his demise is going to be great!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
cue in chefs cousin Mr. T

That or James Earl Jones.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#18]
fuicking scientologists.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
fuicking scientologists. hypocrites

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I hope they bring back Mr. Derp instead of trying to replace chef.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They can get rid of Chef and bring in Chef's long lost brother............

Wolfgang!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:14:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They can get rid of Chef and bring in Chef's long lost brother............

Wolfgang!

Or they can bring in his dad.

"Dammit woman dont be goin and givin that loch ness monster no tree fiddy, at least start out at a buck two five!"
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:27:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You know they are going to stick it to him in the "Kill Off" show, or how ever they write him out. They are going to be unmerciful!

It will be a blast!

It will be better than Salisbury Steak Day!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:31:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Maybe it’s just my sense of humor but I think it would be hilarious if they replaced Isaac Hayes with Charley Pride. Cowboy Troy

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#25]
How ever will Southpark replace the deep voice of Chef ? This will put the show into a tailspin until they find a replacement for the voice of Chef.I am guessing the tailspin will last all of 45 seconds.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Too bad Sherman Helmsley (aka George Jefferson) is dead....

He would make a great replacement for Chef, either as Chef's brother or cousin.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:22:22 AM EDT
[#27]
[cartman]Chef has sand in his vagina[/cartman]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:37:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Maybe chef will become a Rajneeshie-oligist, and try to poison the whole town.  He will succeed in making everyone sick, but only Kenny will die.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:53:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/bella101/106.jpg

Actually, I don't believe he is dead.

He's not listed in www.imdb.com as dead, and he voiced a character in a Family Guy episode last year......

Sherman Hemsley
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Maybe Mr. Slave will replace him in the cafeteria.

and put Gerbil stew and hot dogs on the menu........
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#31]
I am going to erase all my Rockford Files episodes with Gandolf "Gandy" Fitch!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#32]
They need to hire Avery Brooks (Captain Sisco from Star Trek - DS9) . Awesome voice.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#33]
That's HELLA lame.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#34]
UH maybe you guys should watch SP lately. Chef has'nt been a large part of the show for four years. In fact he's been almost completely absent. The show has just moved on. Now they have butters and Mr. Slave and a sex changed Mrs. Garrison etc. "oh it's all gooey"
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It'll be interesting to see if his character has a strange demise in the show.

I'd say Chef will be dying a painful death...

I doubt that.  Mary Kay Bergman was the voice of every female character except Bebe before her untimely end.  The voices aren't the same but the show must go on.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#37]
watched SP last night and they are playing the scientology episode next week as part of the most vulgar episodes. I wonder if its going to air again because of this?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum.

One of the best episodes ever.

Parker and Stone are brilliant.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's not listed in www.imdb.com as dead, and he voiced a character in a Family Guy episode last year......

Sherman Hemsley

I just saw him on a reality TV show.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
They need to hire Avery Brooks (Captain Sisco from Star Trek - DS9) . Awesome voice.
www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200307/brooks02/320x240.jpg

Hawk in "Spencer for Hire".
Much more menacing than an intergalactic landlord.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Also a drama professor at Rutgers University.
He does a kickass Othello.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Also a drama professor at Rutgers University.
He does a kickass Othello.

I saw him play Othello at the Folger Shakespeare Theatre in DC in about 1991.  Andre Braugher (sp?) played Iago.  Good play.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sherman Hemsley

I just saw him on a reality TV show.  

Maybe he was thinking of the woman who played his wife on the Jeffersons, she died a few years ago (she was over 20 years older than the man who was playing her husband in the show)
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Chef's Quitting Controversy

Monday , March 20, 2006

By Roger Friedman

Isaac Hayes' Quitting Controversy

Isaac Hayes did not quit "South Park." My sources say that someone quit it for him.

I can tell you that Hayes is in no position to have quit anything. Contrary to news reports, the great writer, singer and musician suffered a stroke on Jan. 17. At the time it was said that he was hospitalized and suffering from exhaustion.

It’s also absolutely ridiculous to think that Hayes, who loved playing Chef on "South Park," would suddenly turn against the show because they were poking fun at Scientology.

Last November, when the “Trapped in a Closet” episode of the comedy aired, I saw Hayes and spent time with him in Memphis for the annual Blues Ball.

If he hated the show so much, I doubt he would have performed his trademark hit song from the show, “Chocolate Salty Balls.” He tossed the song into the middle of one of his less salacious hits and got the whole audience in the Memphis Pyramid to sing along.

I can tell you, Hayes was very pleased with himself, was in a great mood and, as always, loved his fans' coming up to him and asking him about Chef.

As recently as early January, before his stroke, Hayes defended the "South Park" creators in an interview with “The AV Club,” the serious side of the satirical newspaper, The Onion.

AV Club: They did just do an episode that made fun of your religion, Scientology. Did that bother you?

Hayes: Well, I talked to Matt [Stone] and Trey [Parker] about that. They didn't let me know until it was done. I said, 'Guys, you have it all wrong. We're not like that. I know that's your thing, but get your information correct, because somebody might believe that [expletive], you know?' But I understand what they're doing. I told them to take a couple of Scientology courses and understand what we do. [Laughs.]

The truth is, Hayes has a sly sense of humor and loves everything about "South Park." It’s provided him a much-needed income stream since losing the royalties to the many hits he’s written, such as “Shaft” and “Soul Man,” in the mid-1970s.

Even though he’s one of America’s most prolific hit writers, Hayes has been denied access to profits from his own material for almost 30 years.

But it’s hard to know anything since Hayes, like Katie Holmes, is constantly monitored by a Scientologist representative most of the time. Luckily, at the Blues Ball he was on his own, partying just with family and friends. He was very excited about having gotten married and about the impending birth of a new child.

Friends in Memphis tell me that Hayes did not issue any statements on his own about South Park. They are mystified.

“Isaac’s been concentrating on his recuperation for the last two and a half, three months,” a close friend told me.

Hayes did not suffer paralysis, but the mild stroke may have affected his speech and his memory. He’s been having home therapy since it happened.

That certainly begs the question of who issued the statement that Hayes was quitting "South Park" now because it mocked Scientology four months ago. If it wasn’t Hayes, then who would have done such a thing?

For the rest of the article:  www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188463,00.html

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#45]
South Park may have the last laugh after all.

'South Park' has Chef's surprise

By MARISA GUTHRIE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Chef returns to 'South Park,' but with whose voice?
Contrary to popular assumption, "South Park" fans have not seen the Chef sling his final serving of hash.

The character, who until last week was voiced by Isaac Hayes, is back tomorrow in the first of several new episodes of Comedy Central's top-rated show.

The episode, "The Return of Chef" (10 p.m.), has the school-cafeteria cook returning after a hiatus to the bucolic town that Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman call home. According to a brief description released by the network, the gang is happy "to have their old friend back, [but] they notice that something about Chef seems different. When Chef's strange behavior starts getting him in trouble, the boys pull out all the stops to save him."

Work on the episode began last week, after news broke of Hayes' decision to quit the show because it skewered the Church of Scientology, of which he's a member.

"There is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry toward religious beliefs and others begins," Hayes, 63, said in a statement last week.

A Comedy Central spokesman would not confirm or deny that Chef's voice in tomorrow's episode is provided by Hayes, but he did reiterate that Hayes is no longer involved with the show. However, it would not be difficult to weave together existing dialogue from Hayes. And it is not unusual for Parker and Stone to deliver episodes at the last minute.

It's unclear whether tomorrow's episode involves Scientology.

But Parker and Stone's penchant for topical sacred-cow-bashing is well-known. So it would not be a stretch to assume that "Chef Returns" is the latest salvo in the battle between "South Park" and the religion that counts Tom Cruise and John Travolta among its devotees.

Rumors swirled late last week that last Wednesday's scheduled rerun of "South Park," which caricatured Cruise and Travolta and had Stan being crowned the new savior by Scientology leaders, was pulled because of threats from Cruise. The network said the episode was yanked to make room for two Chef-centric episodes.

Parker and Stone are obviously enjoying the controversy.

"So, Scientology, you may have won this battle, but the million-year war for Earth has just begun," the duo said in a statement on the yanked episode. "Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail!"

The spokesman said it's "undetermined" if Chef will remain a character in the series.

Tomorrow's episode is the first of seven new half-hours of "South Park." The remaining seven will begin airing in October.

Originally published on March 21, 2006
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
South Park may have the last laugh after all.

'South Park' has Chef's surprise

By MARISA GUTHRIE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Chef returns to 'South Park,' but with whose voice?
Contrary to popular assumption, "South Park" fans have not seen the Chef sling his final serving of hash.

The character, who until last week was voiced by Isaac Hayes, is back tomorrow in the first of several new episodes of Comedy Central's top-rated show.

The episode, "The Return of Chef" (10 p.m.), has the school-cafeteria cook returning after a hiatus to the bucolic town that Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman call home. According to a brief description released by the network, the gang is happy "to have their old friend back, [but] they notice that something about Chef seems different. When Chef's strange behavior starts getting him in trouble, the boys pull out all the stops to save him."

Work on the episode began last week, after news broke of Hayes' decision to quit the show because it skewered the Church of Scientology, of which he's a member.

"There is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry toward religious beliefs and others begins," Hayes, 63, said in a statement last week.

A Comedy Central spokesman would not confirm or deny that Chef's voice in tomorrow's episode is provided by Hayes, but he did reiterate that Hayes is no longer involved with the show. However, it would not be difficult to weave together existing dialogue from Hayes. And it is not unusual for Parker and Stone to deliver episodes at the last minute.

It's unclear whether tomorrow's episode involves Scientology.

But Parker and Stone's penchant for topical sacred-cow-bashing is well-known. So it would not be a stretch to assume that "Chef Returns" is the latest salvo in the battle between "South Park" and the religion that counts Tom Cruise and John Travolta among its devotees.

Rumors swirled late last week that last Wednesday's scheduled rerun of "South Park," which caricatured Cruise and Travolta and had Stan being crowned the new savior by Scientology leaders, was pulled because of threats from Cruise. The network said the episode was yanked to make room for two Chef-centric episodes.

Parker and Stone are obviously enjoying the controversy.

"So, Scientology, you may have won this battle, but the million-year war for Earth has just begun," the duo said in a statement on the yanked episode. "Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail!"

The spokesman said it's "undetermined" if Chef will remain a character in the series.

Tomorrow's episode is the first of seven new half-hours of "South Park." The remaining seven will begin airing in October.

Originally published on March 21, 2006

I saw acommercial for it last night and it sounded like the same voice. Should be interesting
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Bizarre about the stroke. Those Scientoligists are bizarre.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top