Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:41:54 AM EDT
This little prick needs to be put to death. I wonder if his crying like a little bitch will get him any sympathy.

Carlie Brucia's Murderer Weeps, Asks To Be Spared
Man Abducted, Raped, Killed 11-Year-Old

POSTED: 8:52 am CST February 14, 2006
UPDATED: 11:14 am CST February 14, 2006

SARASOTA, Fla. -- A weeping Joseph Smith apologized Tuesday for the abduction, rape and murder of 11-year-old Carlie Brucia two years ago in Sarasota, Fla.

He told a judge he had taken large amounts of cocaine and heroin that day in hopes of killing himself.

Carlie's February 2004 abduction drew worldwide attention because it was caught on a car wash surveillance tape. Smith was convicted in November. Jurors recommended by a 10-2 vote that he be executed.

Smith told the judge he had been a heroin addict since he was 19 and had unsuccessfully tried to quit several times. He said his wife had kicked him out of their home in January 2004 and he had lost his job when in the hours before abducting Carlie he tried to overdose.

Attorneys are on the second day of arguments before the judge who will ultimately sentence Smith on March 15. Under Florida law, he must give the jury's recommendation "great weight."

Smith's lawyers are fighting to save him, urging the judge to consider his mental problems and prolonged drug abuse before sentencing him.

Monday, prosecutors read a letter from Carlie's mother, Susan Schorpen. She could not appear because she is jailed on drug charges. Schorpen said she had institutionalized herself three times, and was trying to self-medicate with drugs to numb the pain of losing her daughter.

The judge will sentence Smith March 15.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Take him out back and give a 230gr brain fart.

ETA:What could possibly make two jurors hold out on the death penalty for this scumbag?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Did Carlie's crying sway him?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Tough shit. Give him the chair.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Forgiveness is between man and God, it is our job just to arrange the meeting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
String him up
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Fry him.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
String him up

Draw and quarter the SOB.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ETA:What could possibly make two jurors hold out on the death penalty for this scumbag?

Exactly...take him out back behind the courthouse and put one in his head.  If that kind of swift justice was executed every time, it might actually be a good deterrent. (maybe)

I didn't know they made 9mm in a 230 grainer
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#10]
That POS needs to get eviscerated and have his innards force fed to him...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/skygod99/nuke.jpg

I say we test a nuke on em..

Too quick and painless. Dunk his balls in hydrochloric acid and then systematically inject corrosive substances into all the majors joints on his body.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Fry him.  

+1

Fuck him.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly...take him out back behind the courthouse and put one in his head.  If that kind of swift justice was executed every time, it might actually be a good deterrent. (maybe)

Can I? Please? I'll buy my own ammo and pay my own travel costs.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/skygod99/nuke.jpg

I say we test a nuke on em..

No, there might be innocent crickets in the desert who would be killed in the blast.  No point in sacrificing crickets for that guy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I? Please? I'll buy my own ammo and pay my own travel costs.

I'll donate to your travel cost as well
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#16]
edit.  I'm a dumb ass.  Didn't read it carefully enough.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Damn.....  that's just about a perfect response to his self-pitty filled rambeling.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope he's dead meat.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Walk him out back and hang him on a meat hook. Let him dangle untill he falls off... from rot.

Maybe the next guy who "tries to commit suicide" before abducting/butchering and little kid will do a better job on himself and save the state some trouble.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Short rope. Tall tree. Plenty for the maggots to eat.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Come on guys, the guy was obviously not in the right frame of mind,
and he was on cocaine and herion at the time.

I mean

dammit I can't even keep up the sarcasm.

fuck this guy.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Raped and killed a 11 year old girl.

That's a wolf right there. He dies.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I agree. He should be speared.

Hell, give me the spear and I'll do it myself.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Fry his ass in peanut oil and serve him to the other death row shitbags! A absolutely hate it when killers repent and ask for sympathy just before they’re going to get theirs. Piece of shit needs to die painfully.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Only after we put his hands in a meat grinder.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Drown him in the shitter of a service station on I-95. I volunteer to stand on the back of his neck.

I say go for that, then revive him back, then repeat a few more times......
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Screw him!

LOCK HIS ACCOUNT, BEEKEEPER!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only after we put his hands in a meat grinder.

Honestly... not harsh enough.

Put his peener in the meat grinder. Then hands. Then... bullets.

There is a special place in hell for those who abuse children.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Immunity and one hour
I will cover all my expenses
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#32]
slow, hand crank meat grinder- one extremity at a time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#33]
So he was trying to kill himself with herion and cocaine.... looks like he FUCKED UP BIG TIME!  
He should have opted for the tried-and-true pistol in the mouth method.

This case is a little too close to me on several levels, as the event happened less than two miles from my house, Carlie and my daughter are similar looking (so much that when grandma saw the news report about Carlie she broke down in tears thinking the worst for her grandaugher).

I am not an angry person but am a firm believer in torture ending in death of ALL child rapists and killers. I don't care if the perp is the parent or a stranger - kill 'em all. This is one of the few things that will really cause problems with me if I were ever called for jury duty. It is also one of the reasons I am damn glad my law firm doesn't do criminal defense, I just hate those fucking bastards so damn much it cannot be measured.

Child rapists and killers can burn in hell, LITERALLY!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Forgiveness is between man and God, it is our job just to arrange expedite the meeting.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Honestly, I read that and felt happy.  I'm happy that the jury only consisted of two clueless libtards who stand by a flawed principle.  So often the majority on juries are ignorant.

There is no way to punish scum like that appropriately; there just isn't.  I generally don't even post on topics like this because I don't know how to articulate my feelings.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#36]

I wonder if his crying like a little bitch will get him any sympathy.

No.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't know what to feel.

You are already a fucking child murderer/abducter/rapist.

So you are already so low that even scum calls you scum.

But to pull this nancy boy crying for your life bullshit,

AND to expect any type of sympathy for it.

It boggles the mind.

And WORSE is that someone out there is saying

"well.. maybe we should..."

Bring public executions back.

Meet bad man, BANG!

end of story. even has a moral.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Beat him to within an inch of his life.

Burn him the rest of the way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Gasoline and match.  I'll provide both to save the taxpayers the money.

If something like this ever happens to my daughter, they better get the Incredible Hulk to hold me back.  The sonofabitch will never make it through the trial alive.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm thinking a 10'x10' cement block room with a drain in the floor, a Louisville Slugger, handcuffs, and decent citizens lined up to take their 15 minute turns in the room with this prick.

It could be done just like jury duty...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

One of two reasons:

1. They are morons
2. They have moral issues sentencing anyone to death, even someone who raped and murdered a little girl.

Knowing you are giving someone a death sentence is a hell of a responsibility to bear.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

And that is the key question here.

The judge ought to look him dead in the eye and ask how much attention he paid to that little girl's pleas for life. How much compassion did he show when he began to violate her? How much mercy did he show when he killed her? What feelings of compassion were stirred in him when he saw the awful realization in her little eyes that she was about to die??

I don't want to kill anyone. I would prefer to go my entire life never having harmed another human being.

But if the governor asked me to shoot a guy like this one, I would have no problem pulling the trigger.

Some sunsabitches just need killin.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The judge ought to look him dead in the eye and ask how much attention he paid to that little girl's pleas for life. How much compassion did he show when he began to violate her? How much mercy did he show when he killed her? What feelings of compassion were stirred in him when he saw the awful realization in her little eyes that she was about to die??

I don't want to kill anyone. I would prefer to go my entire life never having harmed another human being.

But if the governor asked me to shoot a guy like this one, I would have no problem pulling the trigger.

Well said.

(side note: I agree with what I highlighted in green... if I can go my life without killing or even hating someone too bad, I'd die a happy man... Sometimes I think sentiments like that get lost in the Internet Bravado)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Death by Chi-Chi!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I say shoot him in the face with a shotgun and give him an open casket funeral.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Remember the burning Monk on the cover of the Rage Against The Machine album?

That's to good for him.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

+1

Hang the rotten bastard!

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.

(side note: I agree with what I highlighted in green... if I can go my life without killing or even hating someone too bad, I'd die a happy man... Sometimes I think sentiments like that get lost in the Internet Bravado)

Agreed, like when I go to the car dealership. I don't wanna be an asshole but they FORCE me to be one..
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Put him in jail. Let him be somebody's bitch.  Then kill him.  Unless his boyfriends do it first.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top