Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/14/2011 11:20:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
fucking hypocrites.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Some animals are more equal than others.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#4]
horseshit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Hypocritical in gigantic proportions. BTW, why do they need to carry weapons? I thought gun control "worked"?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Some much for "equal protection" under the law.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see who decides what is considered a "dangerous" job, and what will be sufficient to constitute "good cause"

That would be any Democrat lawmaker who feels threatened by the Tea Party and right wing extremists.

Fucking bastards, do as I say - not do as I do.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#8]
What if you feel threatened by your elected "representatives"? Does that count as a good cause?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#9]
He wants a gun to protect him from a little fisticuffs....   If threatened fisticuffs is how low they set the bar, anyone can get a CCW.

I've had guys physically come up to me ready to punch me out," said state Sen. Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana), co-author of a new permit proposal.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#10]
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Eta, beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#11]

"I've had guys physically come up to me ready to punch me out," said
state Sen. Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana), co-author of a new permit proposal.

Not me
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
fucking hypocrites tyrants.

This law is tyranny in the flesh.

ETA: Someone submitted the following comment.

If the gun control these tyrants have imposed on the people of California works, there is no reason for them to go armed. If their restrictions on the liberties of the citizens do not work, they should be repealed and every law-abiding citizen should enjoy the "privilege" the legislators seek to claim for themselves.

This proposal reeks of hypocrisy and false elitism. Support for this measure should be a permanent disqualification from any office of power or trust.

Righteous revolutions have been built on less. Speed the plow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see who decides what is considered a "dangerous" job, and what will be sufficient to constitute "good cause"

From what I understand, it varies a lot by county.  There are some counties where it's about as close as you can get to shall-issue, and then of course San Diego and LA are basically no-issue.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I would want a CCW to protect myself against Charlie Sheen.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Special treatment for those in the ruling class.  fuck the demoncraps.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Why does it not surprise me that with everything all F'ed up in Cali the lawmakers are thinking of themselves.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#17]
"quote"Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca objects to the idea, noting that elected officials should have to go through the same process that requires them to show good cause for the permit. And, in an unusual show of agreement, both gun rights and gun control advocates agree that elected officials should not have special status.

At least the LA sheriff understands.

Roy
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#18]
They just need to post more gun free zone signs.  This will keep them safe.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm still an advocate for pushing the state off into the ocean.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Ah, how I love knowing I don't have to deal with that shit anymore. Thank God.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Typical fucking liberals.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#22]
oink oink
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The West Coast is more than welcome to secede and go it's separate way....please.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A sufficient check to the Sheriff's reelection campaign is pretty much always good cause.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Fucking leftist trash.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Now the real question is, how many of these mouth breathers can legally own a firearm?

Or know which end "is bad for the children?"
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The West Coast is more than welcome to secede and go it's separate way....please.

But then all the tough guys here in GD wouldn't be able to talk shit but then come here "for work" or " my wife made the vacation plans, not me, we can't change them"

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"quote"Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca objects to the idea, noting that elected officials should have to go through the same process that requires them to show good cause for the permit. And, in an unusual show of agreement, both gun rights and gun control advocates agree that elected officials should not have special status.
Roy
The Sheriff wants to keep everything quiet so he can control CCW to what he perceives as his advantage, politically speaking.  These guys were infringing....on his territory.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hypocritical in gigantic proportions. BTW, why do they need to carry weapons? I thought gun control "worked"?

The asshat who was the primary guy behind AB23 (the CA AW and magazine ban) had a carry permit, and carried an M-9.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

But then all the tough guys here in GD wouldn't be able to talk shit but then come here "for work" or " my wife made the vacation plans, not me, we can't change them"

I live 46 miles from the CA border.  I studiously avoid travelling to CA unless I'm absolutely required to do so –– their gun laws have probably cost the state several thousand dollars from me alone.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Roy
The Sheriff wants to keep everything quiet so he can control CCW to what he perceives as his advantage, politically speaking.  These guys were infringing....on his territory.

Also, allowing the political elite to get preferential treatment could be used in future arguments for shall issue. I think the sheriff is trying to nip that in the bud, he's smarter than the politician. I think the politician could easily get the permit by applying in the correct county, and using some appropriate pressure.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Furthest West I have been is Texas, which I did not care for either.  No plans or desire to go to California.  Had a Californian work for me once.  Met others and most seemed to be the same.  Very goody two shoes, patronizing, judgmental, and God forbid they smelled a cigarette.  It was like the end of the world.  Sorry for the generalizations - just my experience.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Furthest West I have been is Texas, which I did not care for either.  No plans or desire to go to California.  Had a Californian work for me once.  Met others and most seemed to be the same.  Very goody two shoes, patronizing, judgmental, and God forbid they smelled a cigarette.  It was like the end of the world.  Sorry for the generalizations - just my experience.

same.

Never been to cali, had the same experiences.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

There are lots of good people in CA, there are even places where you can get a CCW permit –– mostly in Northern CA.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#35]
facist tyrants.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#36]
They are special people and special people get special rights.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

There are lots of good people in CA, there are even places where you can get a CCW permit –– mostly in Northern CA.

From what I hear, northern CA is as redneck as AL and TN.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#38]
having your rapist getting out and telling you he is coming for you, doesn't mean your in any real danger. NO CCW FOR YOU !
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#39]
All animals are equal. Some animals are more equal than others.

How Orwellian.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Some animals are more equal than others.

Quoted:

Some much for "equal protection" under the law.  

These.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh my, how surprising. I am shocked. Shocked I tell you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm an advocate for eliminating immunity for LEO, Judges,  Prosecutors, and Elected Officials.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#43]
That goes against the basic principles of our national existance. Lawsuit on the way!!!  Oh wait, they're pigs right? Then it's ok.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm an advocate for eliminating immunity for LEO, Judges,  Prosecutors, and Elected Officials.

In a perfect world, I'd agree with you.

Pushing cali off the rift is one of my methods for achieving said world.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#45]
I can't wait to see the body count from all the ND's and miscellaneous asshatery that group will come up with when they get their hands on guns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Comment added.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Roy

I hope that's sarcasm, because that celebrity-courting cocksucker Baca gives permits to celebrities and poeple that line his election campaign pockets and no one else.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#48]
What a bunch of hypocrites.

Those clowns should be pushing for shall-issue status for everyone in California.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#49]
equal protection under the law.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Us and them
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top