Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
They just need to post more gun free zone signs.  This will keep them safe.

They say it's good enough for the masses so......

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Some animals are more equal than others.

ya beat me to it,Goerge.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

Hmm...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Would it be a sin to pray for "The Big One?"

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm still an advocate for pushing the state off into the ocean.

I agree.  Just let me get out first.  

Not here by choice, mind you.  Navy made me!!!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some animals are more equal than others.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I like it. Some classes are better than others - people just need to get used to that. Bring back segregation, YAY!

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess the pigs have taken over the barn yard.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess I'm a little late to this party but this is the part where I say something about some animals being more equal than others. I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to level things out with an equal protection argument. Hell, if you're imaginative enough it might ease restrictions for the plebes in KA.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]
This pisses me off to no end.

When I applied for a CCW and was denied, I was literally told that if my job was dangerous enough to require a CCW, then I should seek other employment.

Right back at you, fuggers!

Good Lord, do I hate this State.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Us and them

You just had to post that
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are lots of good people in CA, there are even places where you can get a CCW permit –– mostly in Northern CA.

From what I hear, northern CA is as redneck as AL and TN.

Sort of.  Born and raised in NorCal (tiny town called Pollock Pines) and I wouldn't have traded my childhood for anything...but now it's a "bedroom community" for rich city-workers (who have no trouble commuting two or three hours one way to work) and real estate prices/lack of work make it impossible for me to live where I was born.

We just considered ourselves mountain people.  It was a good town (3000 people) to grow up in...but it was a different time, and a different people.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
fucking hypocrites.

+1

Reminds me of when LEOs got national CCW.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Fucking hypocrites
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Remind me again why I'm not living in California.  

Cali citizens should be raising Hell.

What's good for the goose - is good for the gander.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fucking hypocrites.

+1

At least I can say that I came along after that was passed.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
fucking hypocrites.

+1

Hard to believe I was the first person to remind us about this.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm an advocate for eliminating immunity for LEO, Judges,  Prosecutors, and Elected Officials.

In a perfect world, I'd agree with you.

Pushing cali off the rift is one of my methods for achieving said world.

You and I think very much alike on very many issues. I'm starting to wonder if we're perhaps related.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm an advocate for eliminating immunity for LEO, Judges,  Prosecutors, and Elected Officials.

You and I think very much alike on very many issues. I'm starting to wonder if we're perhaps related.

I wouldn't discount the possibility. There are very few humans on this plant I lay claim to.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I lived in California for 8 months one time with my job, had to drive around unarmed the whole time. Unlike here in the great state of FL where you can have a weapon with you even without a permit. Hope I never have to go back.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hypocritical in gigantic proportions. BTW, why do they need to carry weapons? I thought gun control "worked"?

The asshat who was the primary guy behind AB23 (the CA AW and magazine ban) had a carry permit, and carried an M-9.

Perata?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The West Coast is more than welcome to secede and go it's separate way....please.

But then all the tough guys here in GD wouldn't be able to talk shit but then come here "for work" or " my wife made the vacation plans, not me, we can't change them"

Furthest West I have been is Texas, which I did not care for either.  No plans or desire to go to California.  Had a Californian work for me once.  Met others and most seemed to be the same.  Very goody two shoes, patronizing, judgmental, and God forbid they smelled a cigarette.  It was like the end of the world.  Sorry for the generalizations - just my experience.

I bet that goes over well in SC.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Isn't it a misdemeanor to illegally CCW in CA without a permit? If I couldn't get a CCW in CA well......

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Isn't it a misdemeanor to illegally CCW in CA without a permit? If I couldn't get a CCW in CA well......  

The way the law is written you could either be charged with a misdemeanor OR a felony, depending on how they wanted to charge you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I pray that my overlords will one day smile upon me, and grant unto me their divine blessing.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#31]
A Republican or Democrat who isn't a complete nihilistic whore should introduce a provision to make the entire state shall issue.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

"quote"Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca objects to the idea, noting that elected officials should have to go through the same process that requires them to show good cause for the permit. And, in an unusual show of agreement, both gun rights and gun control advocates agree that elected officials should not have special status.
At least the LA sheriff understands.
Roy
Fuck him. He's just another leftist politician, except with a badge and gun.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see who decides what is considered a "dangerous" job, and what will be sufficient to constitute "good cause"

The Sheriff of the County or the Chief of Police of the City already decides.  That will not change.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Under current law Californians who want to carry concealed firearms must apply to their county sheriff or police chief and show "good cause" for permission. That can include threats of violence or a dangerous job. Under the new bill, being an elected state official or a member of Congress would constitute good cause

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/03/should-california-lawmakers-get-special-status-to-carry-concealed-weapons.html?cid=6a00d8341c630a53ef014e86b4b42e970d

CCW for me and none for you.

I would guess that any State Senator or Congressman who wants a permit could already get one.  I see no reason for this new law.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hypocritical in gigantic proportions. BTW, why do they need to carry weapons? I thought gun control "worked"?

The asshat who was the primary guy behind AB23 (the CA AW and magazine ban) had a carry permit, and carried an M-9.

Perata?

Yes, Don Perata.  

Quoted:
I can't wait to see the body count from all the ND's and miscellaneous asshatery that group will come up with when they get their hands on guns.

One or two of them will probably end up killing an angry constituent.  You know they want to.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A Republican or Democrat who isn't a complete nihilistic whore should introduce a provision to make the entire state shall issue.

Wouldn't pass.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

This pisses me off to no end.

When I applied for a CCW and was denied, I was literally told that if my job was dangerous enough to require a CCW, then I should seek other employment.

Right back at you, fuggers!

Good Lord, do I hate this State.

What brain-dead, traitorous fucking cunts. What county do you live in? I'd have had an aneurysm trying to stop myself from foing something very stupid...

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Special perks for the anointed few is a liberal/progressive/fascist core belief.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't pass.

Exxxxxxactly, that's the idea.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Special perks for the anointed few is a liberal/progressive/fascist core belief.

And that's exactly what they are. If they had the votes, the budgets, and enough sway over popular opinion, they'd be rounding up gun owners and filling up mass graves out in the desert. I'd feel more comfortable trusting my life and freedom with Hitler or Mao Zedong than with these shitheads in office in this state. They piss me off to no end, more so than just about anybody I've ever had the displeasure of co-existing in the same universe with...

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't pass.

Why? Even bringing it up would just serve to cement the blissninnies in their anti-gun ways.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see who decides what is considered a "dangerous" job, and what will be sufficient to constitute "good cause"

From what I understand, it varies a lot by county.  There are some counties where it's about as close as you can get to shall-issue, and then of course San Diego and LA are basically no-issue.

When I lived in San Diego, I always heard that the La Mesa PD was pretty good about issuing permits.  You could forget about it in SD though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you are both sick individuals advocating killing a number of human beings which would make the Nazi Concentration Camp totals look mild.  So you want to kill 40,000,000 Americans.  Aren't you both special....
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't pass.

Why? Even bringing it up would just serve to cement the blissninnies in their anti-gun ways.

Because it would be guaranteed to kill the bill.  A poison pill, if you will.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are lots of good people in CA, there are even places where you can get a CCW permit –– mostly in Northern CA.

From what I hear, northern CA is as redneck as AL and TN.

You can find some real hillbilly/methbilly towns up past Chico.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#48]

There are millions of people who SHOULDN'T be allowed to carry guns.

Most California politicians would fall into that group.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
fucking hypocrites.

+1

Hard to believe I was the first person to remind us about this.

The first time it was voted on it lost by two votes.

Even the members here were against it.

Not the cops fault it didn't pass.

National reciprocity is not the same as nationwide LEO carry.  It's a step in the right direction, but the two aren't comparable.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Probably won't pass right now. Such bills have been introduced in the past and failed miserably.

Also, allowing the political elite to get preferential treatment could be used in future arguments for shall issue. I think the sheriff is trying to nip that in the bud, he's smarter than the politician

Aha... Here's where it gets interesting. The politicians who introduced the bill are rather amongst the more pro-gun members of the California legislature. We know that the 'normal' introduction method won't pass. So 'unusual' methods are required. I think you'll find that the politicians are just as smart as the Sheriff. There's a bit more to this than meets the eye. Which is the intent.

NTM
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top