Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/19/2002 5:54:11 PM EDT
I just completed the 200 mile round trip to Indy and back for the sole purpose of shopping at the Indy 1500 Gun Show. My primary goal was to find a holster for my Glock 27. One of the first tables I passed after stepping inside the exhibition hall had a large selection of Glock holsters. Instead of buying one right then and there, I thought I'd visit other tables and return later, so I wouldn't have to carry the bag all day. When it was time to return to that table, I couldn't remember where it was! So I walked all over the two halls trying to find the damn thing without luck. Then I located a table with some Uncle Mikes holsters and a sign reading, "50% off all holsters and grips". I figured this was my best chance. Sure enough, there was a box for a Size 12 and after confirming the discount applied I paid $13 for the new holster. A few minutes ago, I tried to slip the Glock into the holster and no way would it fit. I looked on the little identification tag and it says "Size 36!" DOH! Size 36 is made for "2" Small Frame 5-Shot Revolvers with Hammer Spur". I have no one to blame but myself for not inspecting the merchandise. But, I'm still pissed. 200 miles of driving, $2 for parking, $7 to get into the show, and $13 for a holster that's as useless to me as teats on a boar. Anyone need this holster? I am willing to trade for something like an AR15 or 10/22 mag. PS, I did get a deal on a NIB Taurus Model 627 seven shot revolver, .357 mag. Mrs. Commissioner is sitting in the same room as me right now, and I am trying to work up the nerve to tell her about the addition to the collection! She already knows about the botched holster purchase.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:05:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2002 6:07:02 PM EDT by gunnutt]
Do me a favor....if you find a method that works with the Mrs., let me know. I'm trying to justify the recent purchase of a RAS for my M4. [xx(] BTW, how are those shows? It's about 3hrs for me, but am trying to work it so it falls on a day when I'm in Indy on business.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:15:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:18:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle: You'll eventually end up with a box of holsters that you don't use anyway. Now all you have to do is pick out a nice box to keep them in.
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:36:14 PM EDT
Yeah, I just bought a Gould and Goodrich Leather Paddle Holster off of Ebay for my Beretta 92F. I was so happy with my purchase that I polished the whole holster with parade wax as soon as I got it out of the box. Then I went to place my gun in it. You guessed it, too tight. On close inspection, this is a holster for a Beretta 92"D". A far as I know, those are the no safety, bobbed hammer models. NUTZ! Any one got a paddle holster to trade?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:11:09 PM EDT
Did the guy you bought the holster from look like this?[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/postPics/govtthug.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:28:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: Did the guy you bought the holster from look like this?[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/postPics/govtthug.jpg[/img]
View Quote
Hehehehehehe, I was about to ask the same thing!! ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:44:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gunnutt: Do me a favor....if you find a method that works with the Mrs., let me know. I'm trying to justify the recent purchase of a RAS for my M4.[xx(]
View Quote
Hah gunnut try "patriotic fervor" on for size. Tell her that you are building up a "Homeland Defense Rifle" as appropriate for your standing in the unorganized militia. [USA]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:05:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:12:49 AM EDT
Is it an Uncle Mike Kydex holster for a 2" barreled snubnose revolver. Belt or paddle?? I might be interested if it is. Let me know through email. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:29:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By riddler: Is it an Uncle Mike Kydex holster for a 2" barreled snubnose revolver. Belt or paddle?? I might be interested if it is. Let me know through email. Thanks!
View Quote
You have mail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:51:47 AM EDT
As a long time worker & visitor of gunshows, allow me to give a few hints I've learned the hard way: 1) Take the firearm you're buying a holster/mag/sights/whatever for. I took my G3 to buy mags for & found four or five mags that wouldn't lock into place. W/O the gun I would've been screwed. 2)Get the guy's business card if you want to shop around & write the price on the back of it & maybe the location if it's a large show. Working for a dealer I hate when some yahoo says "I can get that for $X cheaper over there." But if a guy had a card & price on it, it wasn't so unbelieveable. 3)Don't bitch & moan about the price on something. Either buy or not but shut up about the price if you don't like it. 4)Don't believe everything a "dealer" tells you. He/she may not actually be trying to lie to you, it may be a honest mistake. Either way you were given bum info. 5)If you buy a lot of ammo, don't carry it around! That stuff gets heavy in a hurry! Some dealers will write your name on it & hold it under their table AFTER you've paid for it to be picked up later. And don't forget it! I've learned these the HARD way so maybe I can help someone avoid these painful lessons.
Top Top