Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2011 6:52:24 PM EDT
Has anyone made any purchases from Botach Tactical? They seem to  be very competative and have a large variety of merchandise, But i had heard that they are not very good in sending out there merchandise? Im just trying to get input on them.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I refuse to order from them no matter how tempting the price might be.  Too many horror stories posted on here.  It is apparently a roll of the dice on whether you will actually get your order or not.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]

They're lying douchebags and I would never consider placing another order with them.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
OH SHIT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU FOOL?!?! YOU WILL KILL US ALL!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
A $24 membership here will allow you to search all the horror stories about botach,

Consider it an investment.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Run away, far away. Best deal? They will take your money and tell you it is on the way, then you will never get it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Stuff on their site is often out of stock (but not identified as such).  Sometimes, it is so out of stock that they can't even backorder it, and instead of automatically refunding your money, you may get an email asking you what to do.  Whatever you ask them to do could take quite some time.  Sometimes they don't tell you about out of stock items until they already shipped part of your order, then they seem to forget later that they already charged you shipping for the whole order and, when they ship the miracuolously back in stock item, they may charge shipping again.

Not evil people.  They just have some horrifying system that no single person can figure out.

Contrary to what they may claim, they HAVE charged me for items that were never shipped in past.

If you really feel you need to order something from there, call them and make sure it is in stock before ordering.  Generally if it is all in stock, your order will go smoothly.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A $24 membership here will allow you to search all the horror stories about botach,

This.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Good to go.

Buy with confidence.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#10]
you'll probably never see the stuff you order
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I refuse to order from them no matter how tempting the price might be.  Too many horror stories posted on here.  It is apparently a roll of the dice on whether you will actually get your order or not.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#12]
HoSmash Tactical? - stay away
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

That
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I have ordered from them over 20 times and have never had what I call a problem. I shrug at some of the rants and it reminds me of why I got out of the gun business years ago. Some people will not be satisfied no matter what you do for them. Do they have the best customer service? No. I buy from them when their price is simply too hard to beat. I bought an EOTech XPS they had on sale last year. With the 25% off and $50.00 rebate, it was $325.00. They have never failed to send me something I paid for so I am satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#15]
How do they stay in business?  Somebody reading this must know something about their inner-workings.  I too have been suckered in  by the Botach in the past, only to get the same frustrations that others have.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

How do they stay in business?  Somebody reading this must know something about their inner-workings.  I too have been suckered in  by the Botach in the past, only to get the same frustrations that others have.

I've heard a few people say shady arms dealing somewhat sanctioned by the government with the retail acting as a front.........

just repeating what has been said....

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#17]
They suck. Big. Hard. Goat. Ass.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I always wonder about people who start these threads.  Half the time I think they are actually working for the company they are asking about to see if the hive still hates them or not.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a problem with an order from them years ago that they quickly rectified.

The past 4 orders I've made with them have been fine.
Had merchandise in stock and shipped quickly.

No complaints from me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't do it. No matter how tempting. Just try one of the companies advertising on this site to order from. Botach Tactical is the worst company I have ever done business with. EVER!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#21]
FWIW, I ordered twice from them about 5 years ago, no problems.  Others have horror stories.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I've ordered from them on 2-3 occasions.  No problems either time.  Got a new $1000+ trijicon there for about $650.  Never a problem with them .... although I have READ some bad reviews.

http://sites.google.com/site/rainmakerventures
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I haven't had any issues.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#25]
The funny thing is this question is asked constantly. Especially since its only asked about Botach.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I've ordered a few times and never had any problems with Botach. Optics Planet on the other hand is fucked up.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Botach is OK as long as you never order from their website.  Always call and ask if the item is in stock and if it is order it right then and there.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Two orders of Eotac clothing placed online by me within the last two weeks.

i had read the reviews of Botach and their website orders but the prices were better than anywhere else on the web and Eotac clothing also had good reviews.

So my first order was to test Botach and Eotac.  Pants and vest showed up promptly.

So I placed another order for the same pants in additional colors.  I even found an online coupon for 15% off that worked, so I used the money saved to add another pair of pants ot my order.  

Both online orders were painless and troublefree.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I think i've ordered about 5 times with no problems and once with problems.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have ordered from them over 20 times and have never had what I call a problem. I shrug at some of the rants and it reminds me of why I got out of the gun business years ago. Some people will not be satisfied no matter what you do for them. Do they have the best customer service? No. I buy from them when their price is simply too hard to beat. I bought an EOTech XPS they had on sale last year. With the 25% off and $50.00 rebate, it was $325.00. They have never failed to send me something I paid for so I am satisfied.

My experience, exactly.

Oh, well, more good deals for those who don't believe everything they hear on the interwebz.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#31]
All sorts of hit or miss, their CSRs are either idiots or lying weasels and you never know which you'll get, shipping to the east coast is pretty freaking steep. Haven't ordered from them for a while, but last time I had an issue with them I contacted Yahoo shopping, which handles their checkout process, whined at them unmercifully for facilitating Botacs awful business practices, pointed them at Better Business and other online resources that catalogued Botac complaints, and then demanded they drop Botac as a client and reimburse me. Guess they leaned on Botac cause I was quickly contacted by email and refunded.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I ordered a few times from Botach w/o any problems.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Few days ago I placed an order 4 an acog, next day got an email saying it was out of stock and that they'd inform me when the optic was back in stock. In the email they also listed similar scopes that were in stock, in case I would be interested in an alternative. Credit card was not charged. I have no problem with how they handled it at all accept I would prefer they had a system that showed you what's in stock BEFORE placing an order.

It does appear to me Botach has been working to address their faults, or past faults. At their prices I'm willing to look their direction any time I'm shopping for an optic.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Refuse to buy from them again after hearing product designers say that Botach asked for demo equipment, then found identical hardware on the website with the KZ name on it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I think we need to tack one of the hundred or so threads about this topic from the last couple years.

Short answer: if you want to order from them, do it over the phone and ask them to make sure what you want is really in stock.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:09:36 AM EDT
[#36]
If you are gonna order from them expect issues and use a credit card so you have the option to chargeback if and when they screw you over.

Here is how horrible one transaction was I had with them.  They charged me up front for everything but didnt ship like $40 worth of the stuff.  I then through email get them to confirm they didnt ship it and it will be going out separately in a couple days.  About 10 days go by and I get nothing so via email I ask them again what is going on and now get a response that I actually received the stuff in the originally shipment and I must be lying.  

This after 2 people told me it was not in stock in the first place.  So I proceed to contact my credit card company to chargeback for the amount they were trying to screw me on.  I won the chargeback no questions asked and about a month later received an email from these clowns apologizing for this and they issued me a refund on top of the chargeback refund.  

Then about a week after this I received the stuff in the mail from them.

Not sure how they are in business with them handling transactions in this fucked up of a manner.  Must be some good government contracts they have.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Ive spent at least $8,000 with Botach in the last 10 years, maybe more as I used to buy a lot of Surefire lights from them when they ran them on sale. $500 two weeks ago, everything showed up the next week as ordered. Ive had 2 issues EVER with them. They charged my credit card on a Wednesday and then didnt ship my order the next day. I called them up the following Tuesday and was told one of the items was out of stock and they were holding my order til it was in stock. I cancelled the item, they refunded the difference and shipped the rest of my order. Another time they charged my credit card twice, once for the whole amount of the order $1200 ish and a second time minus a $5 item I had ordered. I spoke to them on the phone and they explained their system was screwed up and would do that sometimes and they'd get it fixed ASAP. After a week I called my credit card company and explained the situation and they took care of the problem.
I have no problems with them, but I always pay with a credit card and if  the order isnt shipped within a week I call them for an explanation.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:39:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Shit I just ordered from them..... I hope I do not have any problems.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:57:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Fucking serious?

Quoted:
I always wonder about people who start these threads.  Half the time I think they are actually working for the company they are asking about to see if the hive still hates them or not.

There does seem to be an unproportionally large number of Botach threads lately...

Quoted:

Good luck!

This brings up an interesting question, though...  doesn't anybody ever research vendors?

It just seems like common sense to me to search for potential problems when I'm giving my money to a business I know little about.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:03:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Avoid them like the plague.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:06:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I got my last order... and it only took a couple of months.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:08:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

So how long have you worked for them?

I ordered once, and it was a fucking nightmare. It has nothing to do with me being "hard to satisfy".

Apparently a lot of people have had the same experience.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:23:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Run away, far away. Best deal? They will take your money and tell you it is on the way, then you will never get it.

This.

Google Botach, if you are curious....

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:25:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I've never had a problem with them in over 10 years.

Maybe I'm special.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#45]
i ordered something but never got it - but they didnt charge me either, i even called them

wtf?   not a way to run a business

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#46]

I've ordered from them three or four times, never had a problem.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:20:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Plenty of troll accounts in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#48]
I've ordered from them 3 times. Each time was off the website. I've received all my orders as ordered. The most recent was one of their email special. A 2 point tactical sling for $9.99. I ordered 3.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Fucking serious?

Quoted:

There does seem to be an unproportionally large number of Botach threads lately...
Quoted:

Good luck!

This brings up an interesting question, though...  doesn't anybody ever research vendors?

It just seems like common sense to me to search for potential problems when I'm giving my money to a business I know little about.

got complacent, havent had any problems to slap me back into shape.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I've ordered a few times and never had any problems with Botach. Optics Planet on the other hand is fucked up.

This

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top