Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 12:56:50 PM EST
Anyone have luck with any particular company or website. Mostly interested in getting my credit score, without an actual credit inquiry that may lower my score before applying for a loan. Is that possible?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:58:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/6/2008 12:59:39 PM EST by CousinIT50]
www.anualcreditreport.com

from the .gov free for once per year

$15 ish to get the 3 ficos scores

ETA: and no stupid junk forcing you to sign up for any BS
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:58:56 PM EST
You can't get your score for free, but you are entitled to a free report from each of the three bureaus each year at annualcreditreport.com.

For around $7-$8, you can get your score with the report as well.

It does not affect you credit score.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:02:18 PM EST
no such thing. I use a service that amex provides for $11/mo, but you have to me an amex member for that (paranoid about Identity theft). You are entitled for one free report a year form the major agencies (Equifax, experian, transunion). DONT USE FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM. THEY SUCK. Tried getting a free report from them once, found a $20 charge on my bill, and it took me 45 mins to cancel their service that I used for the one free report only.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:04:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/6/2008 1:05:00 PM EST by Mazeman]
Here it is:

Free

ETA: Doesn't provide "score"
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:04:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By conflictandsecurity:
no such thing. I use a service that amex provides for $11/mo, but you have to me an amex member for that (paranoid about Identity theft). You are entitled for one free report a year form the major agencies (Equifax, experian, transunion). DONT USE FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM. THEY SUCK. Tried getting a free report from them once, found a $20 charge on my bill, and it took me 45 mins to cancel their service that I used for the one free report only.

They charged me $60 a year later. One nice email telling them I didn't authorize the charges and they corrected it the next day.

but yeah, don't do that. freecreditreport.com is not free at all.
Top Top