Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 1:56:50 PM EDT
Anyone have luck with any particular company or website. Mostly interested in getting my credit score, without an actual credit inquiry that may lower my score before applying for a loan. Is that possible?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
www.anualcreditreport.com

from the .gov free for once per year

$15 ish to get the 3 ficos scores

ETA: and no stupid junk forcing you to sign up for any BS
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't get your score for free, but you are entitled to a free report from each of the three bureaus each year at annualcreditreport.com.

For around $7-$8, you can get your score with the report as well.

It does not affect you credit score.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
no such thing. I use a service that amex provides for $11/mo, but you have to me an amex member for that (paranoid about Identity theft). You are entitled for one free report a year form the major agencies (Equifax, experian, transunion). DONT USE FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM. THEY SUCK. Tried getting a free report from them once, found a $20 charge on my bill, and it took me 45 mins to cancel their service that I used for the one free report only.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Here it is:

Free

ETA: Doesn't provide "score"
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
no such thing. I use a service that amex provides for $11/mo, but you have to me an amex member for that (paranoid about Identity theft). You are entitled for one free report a year form the major agencies (Equifax, experian, transunion). DONT USE FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM. THEY SUCK. Tried getting a free report from them once, found a $20 charge on my bill, and it took me 45 mins to cancel their service that I used for the one free report only.

They charged me $60 a year later.  One nice email telling them I didn't authorize the charges and they corrected it the next day.

but yeah, don't do that.  freecreditreport.com is not free at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top