Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/19/2003 3:42:30 PM EDT
OK, here it is finally. This is a result of a deal I worked out with Barrett at the Shot Show.

Couple things:

If you can find them cheaper, great. I don't care. This is the best deal "I" was able to work out and I think it's pretty good.

If you want one just post as being "in" and email me for details: [url][email protected][/url]

DO NOT post as "in" unless you are damn sure. Otherwise you could screw the whole thing by backing out at the last minute.

This is gonna be a group buy on 20 rifles total. I'm gonna try and leave the offer open for 2 months or until we have 20 people who are "in."

Please ask questions regarding the rifles HERE. The BDU group buy swamped my mailbox with questions about the product.

If you decide you want one, when you place the order please include your actual name AND your username. Otherwise things get confusing on my end.

Please ask questions regarding ordering by email.

Here are the prices.

Group Buy is going to be for 20 Rifles.

Team Member prices:

1. M82A1 $6,470 + 100 s/h
2. M95 $4,680 + 100 s/h
3. M99-1 $2,980 + 100 s/h
4. M99 $2,780 + 100 s/h

Non Team Member prices:

1. M82A1 $6,490 + 100 s/h
2. M95 $4,700 + 100 s/h
3. M99-1 $3,000 + 100 s/h
4. M99 $2,800 + 100 s/h

Rifles come with brake, bipod, scope rail, clean kit and the M82A1 ships in the air/watertight case.

If you are NOT a Team Member you can become one by paying $20.00 and get the Team Member price. Or in other words you can basically become a Team Member at "no cost" by particiapting in this Group Buy. I just need verification that you sent a payment to become a Team Member. You do NOT have to have your Team Member status activated to get TM pricing.

I will accept checks, money order and and credit cards (4%).
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a good thing Texas law lets you protect two firearms from creditors, even if you file for bankruptcy.  With almost unendurable anxiety and trepidation, I'm in.  

M82A1.

$6570.

Damn, that hurts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone want to buy a 2000 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster to help finance this insanity?
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
For the curious.........

[url]http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
M82A1.

$6570.

Damn, that hurts.
View Quote

Wow Mr. Phineas_J_Whoopie! You went straight to the top. Tell me how nice it is to be able to afford that...please offer some assurance that I'm going into the right profession. At this point, I couldn't scrape up the cash for a dozen rounds of milsurp ammo to feed this thing. I look forward to being "in" on a whole lot more of these group buys in the future, just got to pay off all these law school loans first. [pissed]
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
For those of you on the fence, consider buying one of these, especially the M82, as an investment [:D]

First off, SA's price is a bargain. But also consider that these puppies are on the short list for banning by the gun grabbers. If they become illegal to sell to civilians, there's going to be a lot of "Why didn't I buy one when they were $7,500?!?" remorseful buyers out there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#7]
... This feeling I have in my gut must be what a drug addiction is like.

Anxiety, jitters, nervously calculating funds, looking over should for GF, euphoria (anticipation), depression (reality), peeking out window for neighbors that want in ... [ROFL]
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anxiety, jitters, nervously calculating funds, looking over should for GF, euphoria (anticipation), depression (reality), peeking out window for neighbors that want in ... [ROFL]
View Quote

I'm with you. There's a good chance I'd be living on the street if I buy one, but I'd be living on the street with an M82A1!
Who am I kidding, I couldn't afford to feed one, let alone scope it properly...
Man. Credit card is squealing.
View Quote

[lol] [lolabove]

I called and got the wife out of bed just then figured I could catch her asleep and ask for the money, needless to say I will not be trying that stupid shit anymore.[bd]

Not only did I get a no, but a HELL NO!

The word living in my building also came to the topic of the conservation, oh and she was plain in saying [i]Living in the Building Alone[/i]

I envy you guys right know, I will try to talk her out of money tomorrow. (I mean Beg)[:)]
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto...

I'm trying to save up (IE convince myself to put it on plastic) for registered sears, and I have SteyrAUG here peddling his low priced DSA FALs, and now BARRETTS!  

Damn you Steyr!

BTW, I know a dealer back in CO who was a big Barrett stocking dealer.  He always had several models in his shop at a time.  I think he got a price break since he ordered so many because he had the best prices I had seen...

Until now.
Steyr's prices here beat his prices by HUNDREDS of dollars.  Hell, the 82 is over $500 cheaper from Steyr.

So I'm kicking myself for not having the dough to jump in on this opportunity...
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Steyer, those have got to be the best prices I've seen on Barrett .50BMG's.  If someone can find a better deal, I'd be amazed.  I know people give you crap, but [b]thanks a bunch for organizing this group buy.[/b]  I may not be able to buy one, but I greatly appreciate you going through the effort to hook people up.

Part of me says do it, and the other part of me says it's the most financially irresponsible thing I could do with my tax return.  But boy would it be fun!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Is the 99 a shell holder? I was all hot and bothered till I saw the parts diagram, and the bolt looks like a holder? Confused....
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=10928[/img]
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Check out the Indiana forum for some pics of me and EODK9 taken yesterday (4/19) with an M82A1NA...  

Note to self and everyone else: use plugs and muffs - otherwise the blast is like a punch in the face!
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Steyer, those have got to be the best prices I've seen on Barrett .50BMG's.  If someone can find a better deal, I'd be amazed.  I know people give you crap, but [b]thanks a bunch for organizing this group buy.[/b]  I may not be able to buy one, but I greatly appreciate you going through the effort to hook people up.

Part of me says do it, and the other part of me says it's the most financially irresponsible thing I could do with my tax return.  But boy would it be fun!

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote

Me and the fine people from Barrett got this one worked out at the Shot Show. I really wanted to do this in light of Ronnie Barretts letter to the LAPD.

Also for anyone on the fence, this will be a ONE TIME ONLY kinda deal. It won't be like the Serbu Group Buy where I will do another in the future at the same price.

I plan on doing only this Barrett Group Buy and I don't think they will give me, or anyone else, similar pricing in the future.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll take an M99.  Email sent.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#17]
The Model 99 is not a shell holder type weapon.

It's a true bolt action rifle like a Remington yet without an internal magazine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll take an M99.  Email sent.

CHRIS
View Quote

That's #2.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Styer, empty that im box of yours!
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Styer, empty that im box of yours!
View Quote

Jeez man, the local armory called, they're wondering if they can count on your collection in an emergency! [;)]
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#21]
An owner report to whet your appetite.

[url]http://www.hench.net/z121000a.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Steyr, one last question, and I know you hate this but, will the 99 be available in green for an extra $100?
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Is there a discount on extra mags to go with the M82A1?
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Look, Im in for an 82 if you can get me some preban 20 tound magazines.

No gun should be limited to 10 rounds.

TXLEWIS

(yes, I'm kidding, I like being married)

Link Posted: 4/21/2003 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Steyr, one last question, and I know you hate this but, will the 99 be available in green for an extra $100?
View Quote

Sure. I can do that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I already asked, no.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#27]
What is the count up to for the Barrets?
I missed out on the Serbu buy.
What were the details on that?  Future?
Send me an e-mail or IM if you have time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I already asked, no.
View Quote

That's a relief.  Means I don't have to come up with another $100+ right now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I can get all accessories such as mags, rings and scopes. But i don't get any special pricing on those items.
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What is the count up to for the Barrets?
I missed out on the Serbu buy.
What were the details on that?  Future?
Send me an e-mail or IM if you have time.
View Quote

Got 3. Unsure of the Serbu thing at this time. Gonna probably just do this at 10 Barretts.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 5:12:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Got 3. Unsure of the Serbu thing at this time. Gonna probably just do this at 10 Barretts.
View Quote

Come on guys, we need 7 more.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Come on guys, we need 7 more.

CHRIS
View Quote

Feel free to put the word out on the other boards. I posted the GB on Bighammer.net but it quickly fell to the bottom. I've noticed a post by someone "other than" the dealer is more effective.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#33]
IN for another M99.
Black will be just fine :)
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#34]
That's 4, 6 more to go.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Steyr,

I'm still interested but I just can't seem to track down the funds.  I even worked on my shooting buddy to see if he wanted one (retired atty.)

Thanks for doing these.  I hope to get in one of these days.

Cyrus
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm on the fence.
Probably will be 'till the last minute.

No problem with the prices, they are fantastic, but I am buying an M16 next week.

Not sure I can convince my wife that we "need" the M82A1.
Maybe I can "sneak" a 99 without her noticing.[:D]

Link Posted: 4/24/2003 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Steyr,

I'm still interested but I just can't seem to track down the funds.  I even worked on my shooting buddy to see if he wanted one (retired atty.)

Cyrus
View Quote

Sell a kid. Get a night job. Or put it on plastic. They'll only be more expensive later when you realize you shoulda bought one now. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm on the fence.
Probably will be 'till the last minute.

No problem with the prices, they are fantastic, but I am buying an M16 next week.

Not sure I can convince my wife that we "need" the M82A1.
Maybe I can "sneak" a 99 without her noticing.[:D]

View Quote

I personally believe you NEED a .50. I can think of several very plausible situations where not owning a .50 would be almost negligent. [:D]

You know, just in case. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steyr,

Cyrus
View Quote

Sell a kid. Get a night job. Or put it on plastic. They'll only be more expensive later when you realize you shoulda bought one now. [:D]
View Quote

I would but he saw me eyeing him and doing some mental calculations once and he moved out!
I might still come in on this one, but, as excellent as the Barretts are, I think I'll be forced to wait for the next Serbu GP.

Cyrus
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#40]
We still lingering at 4?
I got some satellites that need knockin' down, they've figured out how to get through the tin foil.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We still lingering at 4?
I got some satellites that need knockin' down, they've figured out how to get through the tin foil.
View Quote

Still at 4, need 6 more.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#42]
5 down, 5 to go.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#43]
We got 6, 4 more to go.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 4:30:42 AM EDT
[#44]
This is pretty tempting folks, maybe some of you can help me out with a couple of q's.

Any of you lefty's have tried the 99? If so, are there any difficulties/problems associated with the bull-pup design and manipulating the bolt (other than the fact that i just have to do it with the right hand). Would the brass pop right into my face for instance?

Next q is for StyerA - is the group buy closing on the 19th of May or whenever the 10 orders are filled? (whichever comes first?)Just the issue of fund availability, that's all.

Thanks a lot, DD

Link Posted: 4/28/2003 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This is pretty tempting folks, maybe some of you can help me out with a couple of q's.

Any of you lefty's have tried the 99? If so, are there any difficulties/problems associated with the bull-pup design and manipulating the bolt (other than the fact that i just have to do it with the right hand). Would the brass pop right into my face for instance?

Next q is for StyerA - is the group buy closing on the 19th of May or whenever the 10 orders are filled? (whichever comes first?)Just the issue of fund availability, that's all.

Thanks a lot, DD

View Quote

Had a lefty shooting my M99 and my Mac .50, since they are both bolt actions there is no danger from extraction so long as you move your face out of the way (which you will have to do to operate the bolt anyway).

We are waiting until we have 10. Currently we have 7, need 3 more.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks SA..

BTT^^^
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#47]
After much consideration and haggling with the wife I guess I have to say [size=6]I'm in!!![/size=6] for an OD Green M99. Steyr, you have mail enroute.

[sound]SPROING![/sound]Drool hits floor.[naughty]
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#48]
#8, need 2 more.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I am going to check and see if I can get some money tomorrow. I will post again, at that time. If it goes well, I will get a M82A1
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#50]
We got 9. One more and we go forward.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top