Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/18/2003 3:01:26 PM EDT
Do NOT use Salvia until you have read through this guide. NO MATTER WHAT OTHER DRUGS YOU MAY HAVE EVER USED, THEY DO NOT PREPARE YOU FOR SALVIA. SALVIA IS UNIQUE. Salvia has much to offer: fascinating psychoactive effects, sensual enhancement, magical journeys, enchantment, apparent time travel, philosophical insights, spiritual experiences, and perhaps even healing and divination , but Salvia is intolerant of ignorance. If it is used stupidly it can turn on you. By learning what is written here you can avoid serious trouble.
View Quote

[url]http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html[/url]

I want to try it. I got it right here.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
"Divine spittle"? I'll take a raincheck :)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Divine spittle"
View Quote

Sounds like kava.
View Quote

It's not kava. Kava is similar to caffeine. Salvia is much more potent.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Please let us know how it goes.

What are you expecting and/or hoping for?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Be sure all your ammo & weapons are locked up before you go on your trip.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]
SALVIA IS NOT A PARTY DRUG
This is important to understand. Salvia is not "fun" in the way that alcohol or Cannabis can be. If you try to party with Salvia you probably will not have a good experience.

Salvia is a consciousness-changing herb that can be used in a vision quest, or in a healing ritual. In the right setting, Salvia makes it possible to see visions. It is an herb with a long tradition of sacred use. It is useful for deep meditation. It is best taken in a quiet, nearly darkroom; either alone (if a sitter will not be used, see below for discussion of sitters), or with one or two good friends present. It should be taken either in silence or (sometimes) with soft pleasant music playing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Be sure all your ammo & weapons are locked up before you go on your trip.
View Quote
GUIDELINES FOR USING SALVIA INTELLIGENTLY AND SAFELY
Salvia divinorum is a remarkablly safe herb, provided that it is used in a safe manner. It can produce fascinating experiences that are deeply enriching, provided that it is used intelegently. Please pay carefull attention to the follwing basic safety guidlines:

NEVER USE SALVIA IF GUNS, KNIVES, OR OTHER DANGEROUS OBJECTS ARE WITHIN EASY REACH.
NEVER DRIVE WHEN TAKING SALVIA.
Choose the time and place of your salvia experience carefully. Privacy and safety are essential. Be very careful about heights, and open flames such as candles. Do not take Salvia when you may be interrupted by phone calls, visits, pets, children, etc. Turn off your telephone and set your answering machine to silently record incoming calls. You can return the calls in a couple of hours once you are sober.
Give careful thought to how much you will take, and how you take it.
After all smoking material is safely out, lie down in bed, on a couch, or on a carpet. You are much safer lying down than you would be stumbling around. Stay put for the rest of the experience. The visionary effects are best perceived with eyes closed.
Have a sitter (this is especially important if you are new to Salvia, taking a high dose, smoking extract, or using a very strong delivery system such as vaporization).
Volunteer to be a sitter for others.
If you have mental health problems, don't take Salvia without first discussing it with your therapist, or doctor.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What are [red]you[/red] expecting and/or hoping for?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote

What?  Why did you quote yourself?  Are you on it right now?

On topic, a friend of mine tried salvia(which apparently causes hallucinations more intense than LSD for the half hour trip.)  It is NOT a drug to just have fun with, and she said that while she was on it, the pattern in the sofa came alive and ate her, and it was one of the worst nights she had.  I'll stick with my reefer, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Anything as potent as this CAN NOT be good for you.  I'd pass if I were you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Fucking up your brain to make you see things that are not really there?

Sounds like a great to fuck yourself up IMHO
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This may sound rather harsh, but why would anyone currently functioning at your level, want to intentionally kill off brain cells? [%|]

Does this chemical affect dopamine levels?

TT

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote

What?  Why did you quote yourself?  Are you on it right now?

On topic, a friend of mine tried salvia(which apparently causes hallucinations more intense than LSD for the half hour trip.)  It is NOT a drug to just have fun with, and she said that while she was on it, the pattern in the sofa came alive and ate her, and it was one of the worst nights she had.  I'll stick with my reefer, thank you very much.
View Quote

No, I was trying to answer a quote with a quote, as it were.  I can read the website.  Too subtle, I guess...

I just want to know what clean_cut wants or expects... A mystical experience?  Good, clean fun hallucinations?  A dialogue with god?   Not to vomit all over himself?

Just remember, it's all about "set" and "setting."  Oh, and make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy, just in case... [;)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:00:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do NOT use Salvia until you have read through this guide. NO MATTER WHAT OTHER DRUGS YOU MAY HAVE EVER USED, THEY DO NOT PREPARE YOU FOR SALVIA. SALVIA IS UNIQUE. Salvia has much to offer: fascinating psychoactive effects, sensual enhancement, magical journeys, enchantment, apparent time travel, philosophical insights, spiritual experiences, and perhaps even healing and divination , but Salvia is intolerant of ignorance. If it is used stupidly it can turn on you. By learning what is written here you can avoid serious trouble.
View Quote

[url]http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html[/url]

View Quote

This is one of my areas of "expertise", from many years ago.

It's called "Sorcery". Unless you are VERY experienced with the use of psycho-active drugs, I'd STRONGLY advise against it. (Clean_cut, There's SOME shit out there, you just don't wanna meet. [:D])  Trust me on this.

That said, if ya do it, keep posting, we'll all watch your posts melting. Might be kinda trippy..[snoopy]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This may sound rather harsh, but why would anyone currently functioning at your level, want to intentionally kill off brain cells? [%|]

Does this chemical affect dopamine levels?

TT

View Quote

[ROFL2], [ROFL2], [ROFL2], [ROFL2]

Remember your Hippocratic oath there Doctor. You damn near killed me!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Were you on it when you posted your Smith & Wesson thread??

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#17]
How can it be a new drug if it has been used for centuries?

HMMM -
Salvia divinorum is a remarkablly safe herb, provided that it is used in a safe manner. It can produce fascinating experiences that are deeply enriching, provided that it is used intelegently. Please pay carefull attention to the follwing basic safety guidlines:

NEVER USE SALVIA IF GUNS, KNIVES, OR OTHER DANGEROUS OBJECTS ARE WITHIN EASY REACH.
NEVER DRIVE WHEN TAKING SALVIA.

If you have mental health problems, don't take Salvia without first discussing it with your therapist, or doctor.

Am I the only one that sees a minor disconnect here for a "remarkably safe" herb??

Why don't yah smoke your oleander after spraying bug spray on it, that oughta be fun while you last?

I better update my list on who not to buy reloads from.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Why do you think they call it dope(amine)?!!?

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't do it!
In the late 60's and early 70's, I was heavy into drugs. It will fuck you up.
One time coming down from a 6 day speed run, I dropped 2 hits of what was called orange double barrel, then when peaking smoked several pipes of blond Lebanese hash. And I was alone. Turned on the TV and saw a commercial for a movie. It was something about a 2 headed monster, starring Rosie Greer and Ray Milland.
Freaked me out like you can't believe. I don't think I left the house for a week.
If I could change one thing from my past, it would be to never have been involved with drugs. It took me years to get my life back and I almost didn't make it.
Walk away!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#20]
[img]http://sachoben.com/album/covers/thumbs/towelie.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't do it!
One time coming down from a 6 day speed run, I dropped 2 hits of what was called orange double barrel, then when peaking smoked several pipes of blond Lebanese hash. And I was alone. Turned on the TV and saw a commercial for a movie. It was something about a 2 headed monster, starring Rosie Greer and Ray Milland.
Freaked me out like you can't believe. I don't think I left the house for a week.
If I could change one thing from my past, it would be to never have been involved with drugs. It took me years to get my life back and I almost didn't make it.
Walk away!
View Quote

This is why I have never done drugs...

Think about Crookshanks' VERY hard admission before continuing, sage words from a man who has BTDT!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I love you all, especially I mean especially hanko.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I have some saliva for you, real cheap. Send me a SASE and I will send you some saliva.  E-mail me off list for info [rolleyes]

Edited to add:

If you send me two $20 bills (no checks, MO or credit card #'s accepted) I will send you two (count them 2) liters of special mixtures of saliva.  This isn't the run of the mill saliva that you see on spam mail, but saliva mixed with a very potent [b]natural[/b] herb known as tobacco.

Act now since I will not be producing this saliva in the near future.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Right now I'm peaking on a manicotti with marinara sauce high.

Just thought I'd share that with all you beautiful, wonderful people. I mean that....
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#26]
You want me to have your saliva... are you gay?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hahahahalsllsl.sdsdf
dkrop

I want a pink life I mean pink knife.

Psopdkasdlflss;lasasaklavxvosnr

Life is beautiful that is so beautiful!

I think I;m going to cry
View Quote

This is your brain
This is your brain being stupid! [puke]

TT

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, i appreciate the thought.  

I grew up very close to SF in the '60's...I haven't tried salvia, but I have done some Carlos Castenada-ish stuff back in my darker past.  

Go back, if you can still read, and go over Liberty's post one more time.  Trust both of us on this.  Go easy & don't get in the car.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Price is $25 for a vial. $40 for a plastic packet. It's expensive stuff.

Come on, you guys are no fun. It's LEGAL hallucinogen. It may not be legal later on.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Here's some more info.

[url]http://www.botanic-art.com/Salvia.htm[/url]

Salvia divinorum is a member of the mint family which also includes such familiar herbs as oregano and basil. There are dozens of Salvia species, but Salvia divinorum is the only one known to contain the psychoactive diterpenes salvinorin A and B.

Salvia divinorum is a very rare plant, being found in only a few ravine locations in the Sierra Mazateca mountains of Mexico.  A sacred plant, used by the Mazatec indians, refered for it's hallucinogenic effects. The primary psychoactive constituent is salvinorin (a bicyclic diterpene with formula C23H28O8). This substance was unknown until recently and is still not well understood. As with many other naturally occurring plant-allies, there may be a fine balance of other compounds that contribute to its extraordinary and variable effects. Yet it contains no appreciable alkaloids, and this is unusual for a psychoactive plant. How Salvia's chemistry works is still a mystery.

Native to Oaxaca Mexico used Lady Salvia (known to locals as "Maria Pastora," or " Hojas de la Pastora " ) for centuries for healing patients and divination. Traditionally, the leaves of the plant are chewed by Mexico's Mazatec Indians during ritual ceremonies to produce mild hallucinations. For dozens of Mazatec healers, Salvia is a powerful and sacred plant with curative powers and frightening mind-altering effects.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here's some more info.

[url]http://www.botanic-art.com/Salvia.htm[/url]

Salvia divinorum is a member of the mint family which also includes such familiar herbs as oregano and basil. There are dozens of Salvia species, but Salvia divinorum is the only one known to contain the psychoactive diterpenes salvinorin A and B.

Salvia divinorum is a very rare plant, being found in only a few ravine locations in the Sierra Mazateca mountains of Mexico.  A sacred plant, used by the Mazatec indians, refered for it's hallucinogenic effects. The primary psychoactive constituent is salvinorin (a bicyclic diterpene with formula C23H28O8). This substance was unknown until recently and is still not well understood. As with many other naturally occurring plant-allies, there may be a fine balance of other compounds that contribute to its extraordinary and variable effects. Yet it contains no appreciable alkaloids, and this is unusual for a psychoactive plant. How Salvia's chemistry works is still a mystery.

Native to Oaxaca Mexico used Lady Salvia (known to locals as "Maria Pastora," or " Hojas de la Pastora " ) for centuries for healing patients and divination. Traditionally, the leaves of the plant are chewed by Mexico's Mazatec Indians during ritual ceremonies to produce mild hallucinations. For dozens of Mazatec healers, Salvia is a powerful and sacred plant with curative powers and frightening mind-altering effects.
View Quote

View Quote

Never belive everthing you read on the web.  Even if this is real stick with the tried and true... THC works good enough.  If that isn't for you try shrooms or payote.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Here's an account of what the Salvia experience is like.

Finally I have my 10x extract Salvia Divinorum. It's not that the delivery took so long, but it took me a while before I could order. It has become clear to me that not everyone is as sensetive to Salvia as I am, so it's not just for me that I wanted a stronger extract. Mainly because I want to share others in the experience too.

I ordered by e-mail and I recieved it very qiuckly. The same day I e-mailed I got a telephone-call with the announcement that they recieved my order and that they would send it to me the next day. After the usual polite phrases like: thanks for your order etc., we had a nice conversation. It seemed a very pleasant person on the other side of the line and I'm looking forward to meet him. So I have send my e-mail on monday late afternoon, they posted it on tuesday and I got it on wednesday. My compliments to Botanic-Arts for the quick delivery.

I am really caught by the very special Salvia experience. In my eyes it's one of the most beautiful plantteachers I have ever seen. So I was very happy with my 10x extract. Ofcourse I hardly couldn't wait to try it, but I have waited two days until the right moment was there.

So it was friday-night when I felt like making a small trip. I was just coming down from 80mg pure MDMA, so it allready had been a beautiful night. Full of energy, nice people and a wonderfull feeling from the XTC. When I got home I ate something and listened to the cd from the Love Parade in Berlin, a party I will never forget. Just when I'm playing the cd I feel like I'm there again. I watched some tv, but to not disturb my upcoming Salvia-excursion I turned it off again.

I filled my waterpipe with 4 small spoons of my salvia-, previous coke-spoon. This is very little, because now, after 35 spoons, only 0.1 gr. is gone from my 1 gr. bottle. I didn't feel much, although it was obvious much stronger than my own leaves. Also than the 5x extract I used a couple of times. I did another 6 spoons into my pipe and kept in the smoke as long as possible. Although there wasn't a lot of smoke from such a small amount. So I still thought I didn't have enough, but I didn't take more and wanted to enjoy a not so hard salvia trip, wich always gives a nice bright and calm feeling.

I am laying my body in a comfortable position and then; an enormous pull, and the world has changed. Not vanished, but changed. I feel a strong physical reaction to this very small amount of smoke. My body is pushed in the couch and when I look up I see an indian bending over towards me. His facial expression is a bit startled. Just now he was sitting quietly on the poster on the wall. A drawing, and now I'm making him alive. He is looking at me with a severe look, as if he's asking me: why are you waking me to life? The indian is as astonished as I am. It is wonderful, clearly he is reaching with his head to me. He comes crawling out of the poster as a 3-dimensional image. When I close my eyes only one thing goes through my mind. It's an English sentence, I am thinking in English and I can't find any other words for it. "This is unbelievable, this is fucking unbelievable"! I feel something that seems like my body, but I don't know wether I'm thinking or speaking out loud. I think I'm talking out loud, but my girlfriend said later I didn't. It is indescribable beautiful and overwhelming and for 5 minutes I can only say: "This is unbelievable, this is fucking unbelievable"! Lady Salvia, show me what I need, show me that what I need to grow. Teach what I need to learn. Again I was completely overwhelmed by the strong effect of this 10x extract.

Slowly everything came back to normal again and even now I'm writing this, two days later, I'm still impressed. The indian is back on his poster again, but I think it will take a while before I can look at it in a normal way. I still wonder if I could have asked him some questions and I'm convinced that he would have answered also. When everything was back to normal again, I realized that the indian came from the poster on the wall. I have never before, not on my LSD- and mushroom-trips, had such vivid hallucinations.

Again Salvia Divinorum leaves me with many questions. Later I read something from somebody who said his view on Salvia as a teacher was changing. He had concluded that Salvia isn't learning him anything, but unlearning him things. He calls Salvia an unteacher, she is unlearning wrong ideas through the things she's showing you under the Salvia trance. I like this view on it, but it really is the same thing. Because you unlearn your wrong ways, you do learn. It's just that Lady Salvia is such a good teacher, she makes you think you're doing it all yourself.

Greetz Humito
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, that sounds, even on a GOOD trip, like nothing to fuck with.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Don't do it!
Walk away!
View Quote

Lightweight!!! [:D]

Ya tie their two heads in knots, and watch 'em suffocate!! Skin 'em, sautee in butter, garlic, and a light wine of your choice!! Delicious!! Dooby after dinner, and you've had ya some GOOD eatin"!!!
(Disclaimer; Menu may vary, depending on where yer head's at, and your geographic location!!![snoopy])

Aren't their any "Heads" left in the world??[;D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh,Oh....Another "Sleeper"?? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#38]
[url]www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml[/url]

more info

Personly ill just stick with caffiene as my drug of choice.
from the FAQ

S. divinorum is not considered a 'party drug', as its effects are not particularly conducive to social interaction, tend towards the non-verbal, and can often be [b] extremly disconcerting and frightening[/b]
View Quote
bold added

*sarcasm* yeah that sounds fun *sarcasm*
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Useage? Dry the large leaves and smoke them. Put them in a waterpipe -- it
uses the material more efficiently. After about 6 or 7 puffs of the leaves,
the normal user will be stopped in his/her tracks, and probably want to lie
down and recieve the mental information this plant has to offer. You will
probably be taken down trains of thought independantly of your intellect,
which is off in the back smoking cigarettes with your ego while the divine
plant is operating. Make no mistake -- this is hardly just another plant to
get "wasted" with -- the insights gained by S. divinorum are often
_cerebral_, sometimes visual, sometimes not. But whatever the effects, they
are gone completely within 1-2 hours. You'll find a great difference in
effects, compared to other psychedelics. In particular I (personally) notice
a distinct cooling of body temperature after the 3rd or 4th hit, a unique
feeling I've never felt on any other psychedelic. I wonder if others have
noticed this also?

My advice is, first, get some good books on the subject -- you can't expect
to get this kind of information off the internet or in High Times, for
example. You need to read _Pharmacotheon_ by Ott, or Valdez and Diaz's
excellent _Journal of Enthnopharmacology_ article (#7, 1983 pps 287-310) --
go to your local university library and photocopy it. Another good book is
Riedlinger's (ed.) _The Sacred Mushroom Seeker_, which contains a very good
essay on Salvia divinorum by Albert Hofmann (recommended!).
(typo above... read: Journal of Ethnopharmacology....)

In other words, don't be afraid to educate yourself seriously about this
plant -- it's essential; you can't appreciate how important a plant this is
otherwise (and S. divinorum is one of the world's rarest plants -- so
appreciate whose selling you a cutting!). Remember, Maria Sabina would have
wanted it that way -- don't profane the sacred by looking at this as some
sort of easy high -- it isn't. The plant requires your care and attention
before it will impart any kind of experience to you. The experience granted
is well worth the time and effort to cultivate them properly. As one user
said: "I'm investigating the Salvia divinorum... although sometimes I think
that the Salvia divinorum is investigating _me_..."
and that just about says it all, doesn't it? If you have other questions or
other divinorum debate, please post it here.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Heh, anyone ever tried smoking toad poison?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#41]
[b]Trip #1[/b]
This description is adapted from “Switching Realities: Salvia divinorum” by Anonymous, posted to the Erowid Experience Vaults. The effects were produced by two smoked hits of dried leaf. The full report can be found at http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=2139

The first thing to happen was for my vision (I could still see a little, from a small digital clock in the room) to just spin out of control, into a tunnel. I got a bit nervous, reaching for the light. With the light on, I felt a little strange, but no visual activity, so I mustered up some courage, shut off the music and turned the light out. I lay back and relaxed. What happened was wonderful. At first I kept switching realities... I was completely somewhere and someone else. I lived a complete life, had a complete memory of this life, and was just putting something on a shelf when I snapped back here to who I am. This sort of thing happened about three times. In one of them, the only thing I was aware of was that someone had just let out a blood-curdling scream. I was back here instantly, although I was scared that someone in my house had just heard that scream, but luckily it wasn’t me screaming. After this I just enjoyed some morphing color patches. They were not very bright, but very beautiful. Then the plant starting to talk with me. It was definitely female. I felt as if my mother was holding me as an infant, but unlike my mother. This was somehow more comforting. I felt better than I have ever felt in a trip...

[b]Trip #2[/b]
This description is adapted from D.M. Turner’s book Salvinorin: The Psychedelic Essence of Salvia divinorum. It describes a trip on approximately 1.7 mg of pure salvinorin A, vaporized and inhaled. The full report can be found at www.erowid.org/library/books_online/salvinorin/j3.shtml

. . . I must have lost consciousness briefly. Or, there was no transition. The next thing I experienced was the feeling of my stretching grin extending outside of my face, or, beyond the borders of what I have learned to experience as my face. Was there a ripping sound? Was there a painful feeling of pins and needles, a feeling of the skin being stretched beyond what is normal? I was laying on my back, on the bed, and the right half of my body was being stretched out and somehow below me. The left half of my body was being pulled up and out. The vaulted arch of our ceiling opened up, and a Caucasian man, with a hat like a bowler, leaned down to his right, down to the brown leg of his slacks. He looked at me, from what seemed nearly a hundred feet, and said, "It’s time to go now," and began moving his right leg forward in a step. As his right leg swung forward, my body was merging into his pant leg, below his knee, this part of his body being as tall as I am. Rather, most of my body was being pulled into his leg. My neck, arms, and head were being dragged forward as the bed was being stretched. The visual experience was as if the world, including my body and all that I saw, had become flat, two-dimensional, and was a sheet, or a thin rubber skin, a layer. As the pulling forward and out was taking place, the colored forms of what I saw were smeared, as if a running palette of colors, pulled, stretched, thinned. I pulled back, wondering if I could pull away from this tearing of the world. ‘It’s time to go now.’ My body and the world as I knew it, was being pulled into the black universe, stars studding the space, while the outline of this man was covered with the “being pulled”, “smeared” reality, of which I was an integral part. • I was stunned, frightened, disbelieving. I think it hurt, but even more painful was the idea that ‘This was it.’ My mind began trying to sort out what had happened. [ . . . ] My wife later told me I was staring in disbelief around me and at my body and saying ‘It’s smeared, it’s smearing. It’s the universe. We are moving into the universe, it’s ending.’ I looked carefully at my left forearm and hand. I saw the transition between my flesh, and tiny bubbles of color, streaming upward and outward into the pulling canvas of matter. My legs were doing the same thing, as was the entire room. ‘It’s time to go now.’ • The sense continued, hammering. I felt, but did not think, ‘No, I’m not ready. There is so much undone, unfelt, unsaid.’ I felt I should have been better warned or prepared. [ . . . ] I wondered about the plant from which this material was derived. Is this the reason for the plant’s existence? To mediate the ending of the universe? • To one of my requests for reassurance my wife said ‘It’s happening, relax, lay back in bed.’ I’d been twisting and turning, trying to move away from the dissolving edge. I said to my wife ‘If this is how it ends, I ought to just relax. I will miss you, I’m glad we met. Please lay by my side so we can go out together.’ She lay down next to me and I kissed her forehead. She then lay across my chest, enveloping me with her body. I felt her love, and felt we were ending together. I felt us both merging with the edges of the end, and felt my body merging more fully with the sheet of reality that we were becoming. • Some moments later I opened my eyes again, and felt the ripping and pulling diminishing. I looked up and saw that the ceiling was beginning to congeal around a well-demarcated line. I looked at my left hand and saw there was an irregular line, curving in the same pattern as that of the ceiling. My hand was slowly filling in with substance again...
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#42]
[b]Trip #3[/b]
This description is adapted from “A Total Mind/Body Trip — Salvia divinorum (extract)” by Elfstone, posted to the Erowid Experience Vaults. The effects were produced by about a half-teaspoon of a “7X” extract. The full report can be found at www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=2140

He said that after taking the last hit and laying down, that was the last thing he remembered for awhile. It was just like being hit over the head with a baseball bat. As awareness resurfaced, he would perceive the room; but no sooner did he perceive it than he was rolled under again, becoming one with the totality of the cosmos. He would then roll back into the room again and see us briefly, knowing that he was about to be rolled right back under, and was fearful that this process was never going to end. He said the image that came to mind was being rolled up in straw mats, becoming one with the mat, with no differentiation between self/other. At one point, when he sat up and rested his hands on the carpet, he perceived himself as resting his hands on an ocean of fish, packed very tightly. As he rolled back into the room, he would perceive the floor as being about chest high, with only his upper torso and head emerging briefly, followed by becoming totally dissolved back into the ground. As he was comforted by his wife, he was concerned that he would take her under with him when the next roll came around. Thus in the intensity of the experience it was a total body/mind trip, with no ability to distinguish this as merely an altered state of consciousness. This was the most powerful psychedelic experience my friend had ever had, bar none! He said, ‘It’s right up there with birth and death!”

[b]Trip #4[/b]
This description is adapted from the account "Chewing vs. Smoking II" by B. Schuldes, Germany, which appeared in the Autumnal Equinox 1995 issue of The Entheogen Review, pp. 8–9.

Not fully satisfied with the effects of smoked Salvia…I tried 18 large leaves 14–18 cm long (minus stem length). These were rolled into two “cigars” and held in my mouth, chewing occasionally, sucking and holding the juice about 3–5 minutes. I tried to wet the whole inner surface of my mouth for maximum absorption. The taste is very bitter. Then I swallowed and repeated the process until no more juice could be obtained and I spat out the empty “cigars.” WOW! I doubt if I’ll ever bother smoking Salvia again! The first ten minutes: nothing. Then suddenly the effect came on overwhelmingly within the space of a minute. I tried to tell my wife about it, but couldn’t speak: I was just too amazed and kept uttering: “Strong, so great!” This inability to speak became [unaccountably] amusing: I began to laugh uncontrollably and had to bury my face in the pillows, not wanting to wake the kids in the next room. (Sometimes when smoking I experienced this laughter also, but not with such intensity and duration—a full five minutes of non-stop, very powerful laughter. Finally I got it under control and rolled over on my back in the darkened room. With closed eyes I was standing in strange buildings, similar to those in fantasy paintings or ancient oriental palaces: the Alhambra of Grenada. A large, almost endless empty hall with beautiful arches and hundreds of columns: all in a strange, gloomy, blue-grey light with colors expressive of deep magic and majesty. Then I remembered someone’s report of “becoming a plant” on Salvia: instantly I turned into a tree with bark like oak (many plateaus and valleys), yet somehow smooth and not rough like an oak. This bark was like a sense organ: I felt like a tree feels. (I know it sounds odd, but while it was happening I had no doubt that a tree feels that way.) Then I sensed the presence of something else, but couldn’t get an image of it. This was accompanied by strong emotions which are impossible to describe. I became suddenly very attracted to my wife lying beside me - the effect changed from entheogen to aphrodisiac.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#43]
This Salvia crap is a potent opioid receptor agonist at the kappa subtype.  It can have mixed analgesic-hyperalgesic effects not to mention all the other problems associated with the domino effect you get with psychotropics like this.  Steer clear.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, i appreciate the thought.  

I grew up very close to [red]SF in the '60's[/red]...I haven't tried salvia, but I have done some [red]Carlos Castenada-ish[/red] stuff back in my [red]darker past[/red].  

Go back, if you can still read, and go over Liberty's post one more time.  Trust both of [red]us[/red] on this.  Go easy & don't get in the car.

-hanko
View Quote

Hell, if I was a neutral observer, I'd say we may have a few things VERY much in Common. Ever run across a "Road Chief"?? [:D]
Run around Boulder Creek??
Half Moon Bay?
Ever hear of the "Yin Palace",(Skyline),? You may be a few years younger, prolly not a lot though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#45]
clean_cut,

No offense, but how boring/f**ked-up/sucky is your life that you want to mess with this stuff?

OK, I'll admit I've gotten drunk before, but I never saw annoyed Indians or talking plants - mostly I threw up and fell asleep.

Well, this is America, do what you will, just don't friggin' run me over with your car because you think I'm a man-eating giant purple eggplant or something like that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#46]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:24:36 AM EDT
[#47]
killin brain cells is kule dood
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:53:26 AM EDT
[#48]
"Drugz only kil the badd brein sellz."
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:27:53 AM EDT
[#49]
When I was a freshman in college, we ran across a salvia cutting and tried it. It was like a cross between a mushroom trip and peyote with more auditory and tactile hallucination. I thought it tasted like shit and I preferred plain old weed.

One kids got rather hooked on the stuff and started cultivating it an indulging with great frequency. 13 years later, I think he's still in and out of the hoo hoo house. Last run in with the law, I heard he was out of his gourd and ended up asleep on the couch after making himself a sandwich -- in a total stranger's house.

Without much medical analysis into how the stuff works, I am pretty leery. There's ll sorts of wacky plants, but... what' the point anyway? Ayuhasca, Kava, Damiana, hell... even nutmeg is hallucinogenic.

What's the point? To see funky shit? Go see a movie.

To feel like you've never felt before? Try taking up any one of many adrenaline sports like skydiving or bungee jumping.

To think up incredible, imaginative thoughts? Hell, I don't need any drug to do that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:51:15 AM EDT
[#50]
I think smoking dog shit will get ya stone too .

Do ya want to come pick my yard up ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top