Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
As I recall, I didn't ask for anyone's approval to take this or not. My original question was: anybody tried it?

I would also be interested to know who's willing to try it.

I am an adult fully capable of making decisions regarding myself. I aware of the risks. Shoot, skydiving involves risks too. Obviously, I'll do some more research.

The Judgemental Machine is fully operational I see.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:22:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I would take every "Don't do it post" as a "No, I'm not willing to try it".
No, I wouldn't do it either.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As I recall, I didn't ask for anyone's approval to take this or not. My original question was: anybody tried it?

I would also be interested to know who's willing to try it.

I am an adult fully capable of making decisions regarding myself. I aware of the risks. Shoot, skydiving involves risks too. Obviously, I'll do some more research.

The Judgemental Machine is fully operational I see.
View Quote

Yes, I tried it.

I am not being judgemental. I am only saying that it would be prudent to learn as much as you possibly can about it, and also do some soul searching to try and understand the motivation. Plain old curiosity is acceptable, just understand the risks with such a powerful, and relatively little-understood substance.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, Yeah I would be willing to try it,

but only after I had read up about it and maybe talked to a few people to see what you are getting into.

The thing you have to remember, is that in the cultures that use this for "spirit journies" or to have a "Vision" is that they are prepared for it, and they have all done it so someone is there who knows what "normal" is.

All I am trying to say is that if one tribe uses this as a means to communicate with their god, then perhaps recreational "just for the hell of it" use isn't a good thing.

But either way be careful, and don't drive.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Nah, the pattern on my couch is all angular, it'd probably hurt if it [i]DECIDED TO COME ALIVE AND EAT ME...[/i]

WTF are you thinking, man?

J.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Id's say unless your used to other psychedelic drugs, don't do it.  

I was a heavy LSD user from the time I was 14 until I was 19.....the vast vast majority of the time, nothing ill happened, in fact I took more than most people have, but the very LAST time, I tokk a very small amount relatively compared to my other doses, and the experiance is something that has taken YEARS to get over, and I will never forget it.  I can't even drink without geting paranoid, so it CAN mess you up, just think about what your reason for taking it are.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Id's say unless your used to other psychedelic drugs, don't do it.  

I was a heavy LSD user from the time I was 14 until I was 19.....the vast vast majority of the time, nothing ill happened, in fact I took more than most people have, but the very LAST time, I took a very small amount relatively compared to my other doses, and [red]the experiance is something that has taken YEARS to get over, and I will never forget it[/red].  I can't even drink without geting paranoid, so it CAN mess you up, just think about what your reason for taking it are.
View Quote

Did you prove to yourself the existence of Good vs. Evil??

Have an unexpected "visitor" perhaps??  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Was something on those lines, yes :) Very very hard to explain, and something that is still a debate in my mind whether or not it was just the drugs, or actuality.  

The funny part (the part that creeds some faith into it being more actuality) is the fact that the amount I took...was about 1/20th the amount I usually take.  Went through 10 strips daily for a few months, and 4-7 hits every other day too every 3rd day for 5 years......at the time of this experinace (there were actually two, but WAy too long a story) I had only taken 2 hits....and wasn't that potent of stuff.

BTW sry about hijack
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top