Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2009 7:33:09 AM EDT
I didn't and as much as I could tell neither did anyone in my neighbor hood.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually, I left my bedroom light on till 2AM...couldn't put down the book I was reading.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I noticed one neighbor who leaves the porch light on 24/7 365 days a year turned it off for that one hour.

Other than that, no.

We had all  the lights on here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I dumped oil in a river and burned some tires Because I want my children's children to have to wear Hazmat suits just to go outside!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I dumped oil in a river and burned some tires Because I want my children's children to have to wear Hazmat suits just to go outside!!!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I accidentaly did.  The fiancee and I were out to dinner and such yesterday evening  from about 8 till midnight and all the lights in our place were off.   I guess I have to go poison the earth now with some lead bullets that i leave in the ground to make up with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I turned on all the lights in my house and lowered the AC to 73 degrees last night for their "earth hour"...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope.  Turned on my Playstation 3, my TV, my computer (is always on anyways), my monitor, all the lights, and I charged my phone.

Fuck you leftist asshole environmentalists.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#8]
A storm knocked out our power from about 8:15 - 9:00 last night. I had to dig out the whale oil lamps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
To make a statement about 'climate change', I took a big shit in the dark.
It stunk, but I couldn't see it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I turned on all the lights in my house and lowered the AC to 73 degrees last night for their "earth hour"...

This.

Except the air conditioner, didn't need it here last night.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Negative, operations nominal.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Same here, screw em.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I was playing Far Cry 2 on the 360 with ARFCOM on the computer until 1 AM.

Because I won't fool myself into thinking 1 hour with the lights off will make a damn bit of difference beyond not being able to see.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:48:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck no, I turned all of the outside lights on. Even the ones in the back yard and around the garage.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I turned everything on AND went out to dinner so I wasnt even using the lights.  Tvs, dvr, computers, all the lights, turn the heat up, all the fans.  It was great.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I haven't needed it lately but we had a stormy night here last night and it was about 84 and humid as hell outside and I didn't particularly feel like putting up with that... I can't sleep when it's hot and humid in my room.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I burned all my trash,including about 4 old tires
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I would have turned on all my lights if I had known before this morning.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#19]
My daughter asked to turn off the outside lights and I had no problem with that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I turned off my lights at 8 PM last night, as I went to bed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah but unintentional. Had a power outage from 5pm till a little after ten. Car accident took out some power lines I believe.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I piled up 50 used tires in my front yard....made a nice bonfire
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1

hazmat suits are cool as shit

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#24]
hahahah right.   infact I didn't bother to go back downstairs to turn off the kitchen light
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#25]
if it wasnt for this place i would have not heard about it. i was at a 40th birthday party and nobody there spoke of it either.  guess i live in the full power 24/7 zone.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Snow and Ice took out our power 3AM saturday morning and didn't get it back till today (Sunday).  But don't tell Al Gore and the UN cause 2 out of 10 idiot scientists agree that the effects of global warming make it warmer than usual in late March.  So I guess yeah I did my part, fuck the UN.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#27]
What was the hour (central time) it was supposed to happen?

I was on 6th street in Austin all night so I didn't do anything for it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I stayed up playing RE5 all night..... screw you greenie
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#29]
I just did a normal niht, didn't turn anything extra on, i pay enough to the energy company.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I didn't do anything...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I turned on every electronic device I own, turned down the AC all the way, and opened all the windows.  I took it pretty seriously.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Turned on my outside lights, turned off my inside lights, and went to go drink beer with some friends around a bonfire.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I turned on every electronic device I own, turned down the AC all the way, and opened all the windows.  I took it pretty seriously.

Damn man you f*cked the earth right up the ass. Was she a squealer?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#34]
i found an excuse to weld
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Shamelessly copied from a bike forum:

"
Earth Hour™ takes place today starting at 8 pm. The newly-created event designed to raise awareness for energy conservation is not a big hit with me.

After my effort last year I just don't have the energy (no pun intended) to celebrate Earth Hour™ with the same gusto as last year. With that in mind I'm reprising my 2008 Earth Hour™ activities for your reading enjoyment.

7:59 - Turned on every light in house, both TVs, which are both in the living room. The 58-inch and 42-inch sets are tuned to FOX and FOX, respectively. The PlayStation 2, and XBox despite not being used, is also turned on, but with no games in the system.

8:02 - Answered the door from disgruntled next-door neighbor complaining about "light pollution" and how I'm not "doing [my] part." Gives a confused look when I scold him for lack of butane conservation after he lights up a cigarette.

8:06 – I order two large pizzas from Papa John's, Pizza Hut, and Domino's. Tell each person taking my order that I will tip generously if the pizza arrives before 9, but insist that if the pies arrive right at 9 or later, I will not pay.

8:09 - Wife calls and tells me she's running late. I remember that I have a wife. I leave the cell phone on the table.

8:12 - Throw one sock in washing machine. Set wash cycle for a full load with hot water. Without soap.

8:17 - Pull out my air compressor and spray gun from the garage and set up in the front yard. Attempt to spray paint I LOVE MY DUCATI in the front yard grass, but realize too late that I've made my letters too big.

8:19 - Ignore unattractive woman walking by that asks, "What's a DUCAT?"

8:24 - Papa John's guy shows up during my attempt to reduce the letter size. I tip half the bill. Before tax, of course. Neighbor shows up (holding a candle) to complain about something after dropping his newspapers in the green bin by his garage, and then storms back into his house when I don't offer him any pizza. He leaves in such a huff that he forgets his lighter.

8:31 - Go inside to take a crap. Realize I have no toilet paper, either on the roll or under the sink, but I do have a whole can of hairspray. I fumble through the wastebasket hoping to find a partially used tissue that I might have either bled on or blown my nose on, something that still has enough life that it could withstand one good wipe. I immediately abandon this plan when I realize that I would be, in fact, recycling.

8:36 - Cell phone rings, but I'm stuck on the throne, so I can't answer it.

8:40 - Finally suck it up and wipe with a picture of Greg Nickels ripped out of Seattle Times (Appropriate Recycling). I mutter something sexual and unclever during the act. Flush toilet several times to make sure paper doesn't clog the toilet.

8:42 - Damn, the toilet did clog. Plunger time!

8:46 - Head back out to the front yard to resume my painting when I hear a loud crash. I get outside and see that the Pizza Hut delivery driver has rear-ended the Domino's delivery driver. I realize they're both Okay when I hear the Domino's driver ask, "What's DUCAT?"

8:51 - Shitbag neighbor comes back out during paint removal and threatens to call the police, but gets shouted down by the Domino's and Pizza Hut drivers, who are enjoying the show while they're waiting for, ironically enough, the police to show up and take an accident report. But now the neighbor's not backing down, and the three of them are shouting toe-to-toe.

8:53 - I run back inside to the bathroom and grab the can of hairspray under the sink . I run back outside and pick up the lighter my neighbor left on my porch and run over to his recycling bin, which is full of newspapers. The lighter lights on the first try, and I hold the can of hairspray just behind the flame.

8:55 – BIG NEWSPAPER FIRE! (adds to Global Warming™) My little bitch neighbor is squealing with fear, and running for the garden hose. The Pizza Hut driver actually tries to approach the blaze. Until a piece of newspaper flies off and nearly hits him in the face. I hear the neighbor's squealing turn into homicidal screams of horror. I look over and see him tugging on the valve. Is he really too big a pussy to turn on the hose? Domino's guy shoves him out of the way and cranks the valve open. By now the plastic bin holding the papers is melting, and the stink of burning plastic is filling the air as the Domino's guy manages to put out the flame.

9:02 - Wife pulls up, with local police right behind. Neighbor is laying face-down in his own driveway, panting. The pizza guys storm the police cruiser as my wife stares at the lawn, and asks...

"Why'd you make the letters so big, dumbass?"
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#36]
I turned every outdoor light on I got and shot two possums to help them be green an closer to the earth..They are now just went out and buried em.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Shamelessly copied from a bike forum:

8:31 - Go inside to take a crap. Realize I have no toilet paper, either on the roll or under the sink, but I do have a whole can of hairspray. I fumble through the wastebasket hoping to find a partially used tissue that I might have either bled on or blown my nose on, something that still has enough life that it could withstand one good wipe. I immediately abandon this plan when I realize that I would be, in fact, recycling.

"Why'd you make the letters so big, dumbass?"

WINRAR!!!!

The whole thing was great but those two had me rolling!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#39]
I wasn't home
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
snip

awesome
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Why do so many people think that if they use less electricity, that the power company will produce less electricty and thus pollute less? The generator will be running whether my lights are on or off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I actually left my lamp and TV on when I fell asleep; and I completely forgot about that energy saving bullcrap.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Nope! I turned on all the lights in the house!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Had 3 house on the block turn off their lights.
Thats ok, thay could see just fine with all the lights I turned on last night.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I work at a power plant.  We burned 6000 tons of coal yesterday.  I'm pretty pleased

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Negative, Ghostrider.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#48]
I had all of my lights on. Thought I might be making a statement until I read the line in the AOL article, "Earth Hour organizers say that there is no way to determine how much energy is really going to be saved." Once I read that, I realized that this was indeed 100% pure politically motivated for a global power grab. Don't get me wrong, I believe that flat out wasting energy really is a waste of our resources. However, I also believe that there is a huge difference between conserving some energy and being considered an advocate for global warming.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#49]
i went through the house and turned on every light , closets, bath rooms, lamps ect. everything. outside lights.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Indianapolis turned off Monument Circle.

I chose to charge my laptop during that hour.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top